For those who think we are WAY off... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those who think we are WAY off...

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
Let's not forget that brilliant 2 yard pass to Tedy Bruschi
that was just a damn good defensive play. even the announcers commented on how Bruschi crouched down behind the linemen until the ball was thrown.

at least he got to watch the few completions he had. bledsoe was on his butt most of the time!:D :evil:

Originally posted by dolfan06
that was just a damn good defensive play. even the announcers commented on how Bruschi crouched down behind the linemen until the ball was thrown.

at least he got to watch the few completions he had. bledsoe was on his butt most of the time!:D :evil:
oh, that makes it all better:rolleyes:

oh, that makes it all better:rolleyes:
tell me the good points about bledsoe, and i'm not talking about the two cheeks he falls on!:rolleyes: the sack queen!:D :evil:

tell me the good points about bledsoe, and i'm not talking about the two cheeks he falls on!:rolleyes: the sack queen!:D :evil:
only one qb has more passing yards than him the last 10 years---Favre;)

only one qb has more passing yards than him the last 10 years---Favre;)
sure but he never sees em, he's always picking himself up!

besides those yards were accumulated in the first 5 years!:tongue:

sure but he never sees em, he's always picking himself up!

besides those yards were accumulated in the first 5 years!:tongue:
yeah..that's why he was second in passing yards in 2002, and went to the Probowl

I want to thank you two for trashing up my thread with your petty bickering.

Uh yes. I started it with the intent of talking about the level of talent on the team and you and CTW turned it into your own little pissing contest.

You guys want to bicker go do it via PM or start a seperate thread. When it turns out like this it kills a thread because no one wants to jump into it. Especially as lengthy as you two have gotten.

Re: Please, if you base our

Originally posted by rhadaddy

Squad by the amount of probowlers then you're way off. Brock Marion is a name. ZT is not what he used to be especially late in the year, Sam Madison, again a name. So when you take stock, you really have JT, PS, the Prince, and maybe Timbo as probowlers. with JT and PS being perenial pro bowlers. I hate when people discredit NE as not having alot of talent. The difference between NE and Miami, is the players they select for their roster is specifically chosen to fit BB schemes, so they flourish in his systems. Most of our defensive players have become names but don't necessarily work for our system, especially for the long haul of the season.

JF on the other hand, coincidently suffered because we did not replace Mike Shula when he left. He was night and day comparing last year to this year, and you could tell he was getting sloppy with his decision making and his mechanics. He's also injury prone, which has been a liability. I definetly blame wanny for not replacing MS when he left, because I'm almost positve we would've gotten better results from JF despite our o-line deficiencies. Nonetheless JF needs to go and I wont argue against that fact.

If you call Randy McMicheal the best TE in the AFCE last year, epcially over the course of the season, you're off. he definetly disappeared last year for half the season. This season I will agree his been one of if not the best TE in the AFCE, but most of the time he was blocking, instead of catching.

bottom line is, we could have changed coaches, found a new QB, hired Ron Wolf as GM and it would not garuntee Miami a superbowl, I know I've been a fan for over 20 years. I agree with the notion of seeing how wanny does when given a good qb to work with, and having his roster molded for him and not the other way around.

One last thing, Remember all the talk nad comparisons Tony Dungy had with DW, and Look how he's flourished in Indy. It's scary to think what an all pro qb and a good o-line can do, especially when you have a solid defense.
Interesting, before the start of the season, finfans were using these former probowlers as reasons for why the fins are going to the sb. Now they are being used as excuses as to why they didn't make it. Even if you take Zach and the others out of that list, that's still more probowlers than NE had.

You still have more talent that Wanny doesn't know what to do with. No matter how you twist it around .

You know I'm with you Fin...:D

For everyone saying it's Dave, what ever happened to Jimmy Johnson???....

He was suppose to be our savior. He promised us a Super Bowl in three years as well. In the end, not even he was able to get us over the hump....

At the time of his hiring, he was considered one of the best HC's in football. The results???...

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

Again

Originally posted by justafan
Interesting, before the start of the season, finfans were using these former probowlers as reasons for why the fins are going to the sb. Now they are being used as excuses as to why they didn't make it. Even if you take Zach and the others out of that list, that's still more probowlers than NE had.

You still have more talent that Wanny doesn't know what to do with. No matter how you twist it around .

You cant base the level or amount of talent you have by the pro bowl. You being a Bills fan should know that. As if Ruben Brown is a pro bowler and deserves to go this year. The pro bowl is a farce, it's all about a name and popularity.

I've discussed this in another thread already. Our core defense is getting older and losing a step every year but their paychecks keep swelling. Something needs to change. I'm not the first and won't be the last to conceede that the Maimi Dolphins on both sides of the ball weren't nearly as talented as they've been made out to be. But yet we found a way to win 10 games and be in 5 of the 6 that we lost, with no o-line or qb and an aging defense. I'm no wanny lover but he deserves some of the credit for the wins as well as the loses.

And whether BB could've done a better job is irrelevant, because if BB left NE today there would be 31 teams inquiring about his services, He's distinguished himself as a premeire coach in this league, with the company of Brian Billick, The Tuna, Gruden, Fisher and a few others, but guess what none of those coaches were on the market, so talking about what if's and could have is just a waste of time. Where coaches are concerned.

Back
Top Bottom