For those who think we are WAY off... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those who think we are WAY off...

He's had the good woman..................

Originally posted by MNFINFAN
Damn fin-atic your last few posts have been highly positive, what you found a good woman, a good stash of :infins: ???

BTW I think you are right there, we are close, hopefully as justafan says our coaches will actually show up this year with Dave having only coaching responsibility.
Must be something else??????????????????
Alright bro fess up!!!!:lol: :lol:

Re: I may not like wanny but...

Originally posted by rhadaddy

If wanny was so bad then why were we 10-6 without a qb or a solid o-line? He's no Bellicheck, but damn given the fact that we were only blown out by Tennessee and all of the other games we lost, we were never out until the final seconds, that says alot about the coaching and gameplanning despite our offensive deficiencies. I'm not saying we are going to be any better than we were this past year, but if you give us a respectable qb and a few quality o-linemen and we'd easily would've been one of the elite teams in the AFC.
I don't think we do have better talent than the Pats like everyone else seems to think especially on offense. We have 1 better receiver, a better RB and maybe a better FB and TE (very debatable) which is OK. But the Pats have a better #2, #3, #4 and #5 WR, a much better QB and an entirely better O-line. I know someone is going to throw their lack of a running game in the regular season at their O-line but I don't believe that is the case. Put Ricky on that team and he gains 1800 yards again. There lack of a running game should definitly be pinned on their lack of a top tier RB.

Yo do have better talent. How many former probowlers do you have on D? Didn't you have the best rb, DE (in the NFL) and TE (in the AFCE) . You can tell that Wanny doesn't have all his marbles when he insist in making Fiedler the starting qb. That was his decision and his alone. Now majority of finsfans and entire league for that matter say he needs to go. Even Fiedler supporters have seen the light.

Bellichick and co. could've gotten last years fins all the way especially since the bills and Pats didn't have the talent they have now. The fins and bills have better talent than the Pats but BB can put one hell of a game plan and gameday adjustments that is usually enough to win games . This is where Wanny and Williams weakness show.

Please, if you base our

Originally posted by justafan

Yo do have better talent. How many former probowlers do you have on D? Didn't you have the best rb, DE (in the NFL) and TE (in the AFCE) . You can tell that Wanny doesn't have all his marbles when he insist in making Fiedler the starting qb. That was his decision and his alone. Now majority of finsfans and entire league for that matter say he needs to go. Even Fiedler supporters have seen the light.

Bellichick and co. could've gotten last years fins all the way especially since the bills and Pats didn't have the talent they have now. The fins and bills have better talent than the Pats but BB can put one hell of a game plan and gameday adjustments that is usually enough to win games . This is where Wanny and Williams weakness show.
Squad by the amount of probowlers then you're way off. Brock Marion is a name. ZT is not what he used to be especially late in the year, Sam Madison, again a name. So when you take stock, you really have JT, PS, the Prince, and maybe Timbo as probowlers. with JT and PS being perenial pro bowlers. I hate when people discredit NE as not having alot of talent. The difference between NE and Miami, is the players they select for their roster is specifically chosen to fit BB schemes, so they flourish in his systems. Most of our defensive players have become names but don't necessarily work for our system, especially for the long haul of the season.

JF on the other hand, coincidently suffered because we did not replace Mike Shula when he left. He was night and day comparing last year to this year, and you could tell he was getting sloppy with his decision making and his mechanics. He's also injury prone, which has been a liability. I definetly blame wanny for not replacing MS when he left, because I'm almost positve we would've gotten better results from JF despite our o-line deficiencies. Nonetheless JF needs to go and I wont argue against that fact.

If you call Randy McMicheal the best TE in the AFCE last year, epcially over the course of the season, you're off. he definetly disappeared last year for half the season. This season I will agree his been one of if not the best TE in the AFCE, but most of the time he was blocking, instead of catching.

bottom line is, we could have changed coaches, found a new QB, hired Ron Wolf as GM and it would not garuntee Miami a superbowl, I know I've been a fan for over 20 years. I agree with the notion of seeing how wanny does when given a good qb to work with, and having his roster molded for him and not the other way around.

One last thing, Remember all the talk nad comparisons Tony Dungy had with DW, and Look how he's flourished in Indy. It's scary to think what an all pro qb and a good o-line can do, especially when you have a solid defense.

One other thing

your only valid knock of DW is his personell decisions, which is no longer in his hands. If we were so poorly coached why is it that we were in every game except the Bills game. Now the Bills on the other hand were poorly coached because you guys got blown out on several ocassions and then completely quit. The Raiders were poorly coached.

And on the upside, there's already talk about us picking up a QB and an O-Line coach this off-season. Already grabbed arguably the best WR coach in the league. All I see are positives.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan
And on the upside, there's already talk about us picking up a QB and an O-Line coach this off-season. Already grabbed arguably the best WR coach in the league. All I see are positives.
:up:

I disagree completely......you can bring The ghost of vince lombardi in here and he would have gotten nowhere with this pathetic passing game.

Originally posted by Section126
I disagree completely......you can bring The ghost of vince lombardi in here and he would have gotten nowhere with this pathetic passing game.

"Negative Ghost Rider.....pattern is full!" -- Top Gun

Re: He's had the good woman..................

Originally posted by welderpat

Must be something else??????????????????
Alright bro fess up!!!!:lol: :lol:

I have long had a good woman.

Just looking at it from a different light. When I get down on our boys, I look at the other teams who are so revered and I go, we can beat them. The difference is we need some consistancy out of our OLine and a playmaker or two on offense.

Could be coaching too. We will see.

By the way in case no one has figured it out, Welderpat really is my brother.

Originally posted by Section126
you can bring the ghost of anybody in here and accomplish nothing. mainly because i don't believe in ghosts!:D ;)

Originally posted by dolfan06
you can bring the ghost of anybody in here and accomplish nothing. mainly because i don't believe in ghosts!:D ;)
why don't you tell us all how good Fiedler is:lol:

Originally posted by dolfan06
i think he's better than "sack me more" bledsoe!:tongue:
tell me more...tell me why he's such an outstanding choice for starting qb............if you can do it with a straight face

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
tell me more...tell me why he's such an outstanding choice for starting qb............if you can do it with a straight face
he's more mobile than bledsoe or griese, and he knows how to block!:tongue:

Back
Top Bottom