For those who would cheer injuries.... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those who would cheer injuries....

Of course I wouldn't get the same satisfaction beating the bengals as I would the rams. The NYJ are neither, with or without Pennington. You have a habit of presenting exaggeration to extreme to make a point that your position does not support.

The comment, which you have attempted to avoid, was that I believe there is enough challenge in the AFCE, indeed, throughout our schedule, that a less competitive NYJ is not going to put us in the position of an untested team such as the Tennessee Titans as you suggested above. Do you disagree? Or do you think that our schedule is so weak that the NYJ minus Pennington leaves us as an untested pretender? I thought the general consensus around the NFL was that the AFCE was one of, if not the, most competitive divisions in all of football. Apparently, you don't see it that way.

Not trying to break up the fight here, but to the people at the beginning who were talking about the karma and mojo, do you realy believe that what you feel towards an injury as 1 of 500, 000 fans of the Dolphins, will anyway affect what happend. Serious question...

Originally posted by J-E-T-S
Not trying to break up the fight here, but to the people at the beginning who were talking about the karma and mojo, do you realy believe that what you feel towards an injury as 1 of 500, 000 fans of the Dolphins, will anyway affect what happend. Serious question...

Good question.

No.

Amazing.....a Jet fan makes the most sense in this thread....;)

Anyone who feels that the way they think will directly affect karma in this instance (and I'm a BIG believer in karma) is the same kind of person who reads the horoscope in the paper and thinks that EVERY Capricorn will meet a new love interest on the same day. :rolleyes:

Rationally? No. Irrationally? Every time I hear a commentator say something like "the great thing about John Doe is that he never drops the ball", I immediately expect to see Mr. Doe drop that ball within the next few plays. Or a comment about a kicker being "automatic", preceding a shanked 25 yarder. Of course I know that there's no actual correlation...doesn't keep me from cringing every time I hear it though. Karma may or may not exist in some tiny way....but what does it hurt to play it safe?

Originally posted by Agua
Of course I wouldn't get the same satisfaction beating the bengals as I would the rams. The NYJ are neither, with or without Pennington. You have a habit of presenting exaggeration to extreme to make a point that your position does not support.

The comment, which you have attempted to avoid, was that I believe there is enough challenge in the AFCE, indeed, throughout our schedule, that a less competitive NYJ is not going to put us in the position of an untested team such as the Tennessee Titans as you suggested above. Do you disagree? Or do you think that our schedule is so weak that the NYJ minus Pennington leaves us as an untested pretender? I thought the general consensus around the NFL was that the AFCE was one of, if not the, most competitive divisions in all of football. Apparently, you don't see it that way.

Right now I'd place the AFCWest at the top, followed by the East. But more to the point, you're guilty of EXACTLY what you're accusing me of. Yes, I presented an extreme example, but I did so to account for the emotional element of playing the Jets. What YOU'VE done is make my satisfaction with the season an either/or proposition when it's nothing of the sort. Yes, if we win I'm still happy and satisfied. I'm just not AS satisfied as I would be if we played and beat a REALLY good team as I am when we play a mediocre team. I think that the loss of Penny DOES take the Jets from being REALLY good, to just "ok". Will I still be satisfied if we get to the AFCChampioship game, you bet. Will I be AS satisified if we beat the Jets in the process without Penny, no. What can I say, I want it all and I'm somewhat disapointed if I can't have it.

As a follw-up answer...if Ricky was hurt, and you were deciding whether or not to crow about it...do you really think you'd be the ONE person out of 500k fans doing so?

No, I did not present you with a false dilemna. You were the one who used the example of the Tennessee Titans / untested team as a reason why it would be better for us to face NYJ with Pennington than without. I recognized that as a false dilemna because there is enough competition within the AFCE that whoever comes out on top could not conceivably be considered having had a soft schedule, that is, unless that person believes it is a weak division. You have stated that you believe the AFCE to be second behind the AFCW in terms of difficulty. I take it that you no longer hold that the absence of Pennington from the NYJ during our compentitions would leave us as an untested pretender?

So, the bottom line is, you would get more satisfaction out of the Phins beating NYJ with Pennington than without. Well, so would I and anyone else. I'm not disappointed that we won't face him, however. That's where we differ. I think we can leave it at that .

Originally posted by Agua
No, I did not present you with a false dilemna. You were the one who used the example of the Tennessee Titans / untested team as a reason why it would be better for us to face NYJ with Pennington than without. I recognized that as a false dilemna because there is enough competition within the AFCE that whoever comes out on top could not conceivably be considered having had a soft schedule, that is, unless that person believes it is a weak division. You have stated that you believe the AFCE to be second behind the AFCW in terms of difficulty. I take it that you no longer hold that the absence of Pennington from the NYJ during our compentitions would leave us as an untested pretender?

So, the bottom line is, you would get more satisfaction out of the Phins beating NYJ with Pennington than without. Well, so would I and anyone else. I'm not disappointed that we won't face him, however. That's where we differ. I think we can leave it at that .

That's my estimation without seeing a single real game played. It's entirely possible that the Bills could also be a weak team this season despite all the hype, and that would leave the PAts and us as the only really strong teams. If that's the case than I'd say the East is no tougher than the NFCWest(actually would be weaker as the West has 3 potentially strong teams), NFCSouth, or even the AFCSouth if the Titans and Colts are for real this year. None of which accounts for again...the emotional element of beating a healthy Jets team. I was looking forward to that contest, and now a bit of the gleam has been taken away.

Back
Top Bottom