For those who would cheer injuries.... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those who would cheer injuries....

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX

Get off your high horse bro, seriously.

I've seen your posts on Ganggreen and when we had the whole discussion about Marijuana. I'm sure you are a very intelligent person, but it's almost like you see no wrong in what you post or how you view things.

If my facts are wrong, I'll readily admit to it. And if the elements which form my opinions are lacking, I'll consider that and adjust my opinion accordingly. But my ethics are my ethics.
I believe that "sport" only has value if you're playing on an even field. This isn't war...it's not a good thing if the other guy is playing at half strength. When I take pride in the Phins, it's not just because they got the Win. It's because theywere BETTER than the other guy. If it was because of some stupid fluke, than that ISN'T something to take pride in. "Hy guys, you're best guy got hurt and that's how we managed to beat you...woo hoo!". What kind of a puss wants to win like that? It's pretty simple man, right it right and wrong is wrong. If you disagree with my views of right and wrong, that's fine, that's YOUR opinion...more power to you. But if someone is doing something which I view as wrong, I'm also within my rights to express MY opinion. If you don't like it, feel free to ignore it.

this is gonna b a LONG year for the Jets. Dan Snyder pretty much made them his personal bitch and then their offensive star breaks his wrist and is replaced with someone im convinced they found in an ancient tomb somewhere (really, how many centuries has Vinny been around? lol). I feel sorry for Pennington though, that guy was a rising star in this league and this'll set him back alot.

Hey noone felt sorry for us when Fiedler went out and Huard and Lucas came in. Huard put up 3 points against the Jets one year when Fiedler got hurt. If we can sweep the Jets we're that much closer to our goal of a bye and home field through out the playoffs. Now imagine what that would be like. Say we split with Buff and NE that's 4-2 in the division better than last years 2-4 and would probably give us the bye.

Originally posted by Sherif
Hey noone felt sorry for us when Fiedler went out and Huard and Lucas came in. Huard put up 3 points against the Jets one year when Fiedler got hurt. If we can sweep the Jets we're that much closer to our goal of a bye and home field through out the playoffs. Now imagine what that would be like. Say we split with Buff and NE that's 4-2 in the division better than last years 2-4 and would probably give us the bye.

See...THAT'S why injuries suck. Take this exact post, switch Chad and Vinny for Fiedler/Huard/Lucas, and you'll get the posts for 2004 if we sweep the Jets. I don't want to win because we got away cheap...I want to win because we were better than the other guy on his BEST day. That's the only way you're going to know that you're a Superbowl team, and not the PostSeason Pretenders we've been for the last 6 years.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

See...THAT'S why injuries suck. Take this exact post, switch Chad and Vinny for Fiedler/Huard/Lucas, and you'll get the posts for 2004 if we sweep the Jets. I don't want to win because we got away cheap...I want to win because we were better than the other guy on his BEST day. That's the only way you're going to know that you're a Superbowl team, and not the PostSeason Pretenders we've been for the last 6 years.

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. We're good enough. We play in the toughest division and the schedule makers constantly give us two December games that are 5 days appart while Tenn gets scates to a bye in a pansy divison. The Phins have paid their dues and I'll take any break we can get this year. No team is that much better than other teams to overcome all these factors, Bad Refs calls, Tough Schedule, injuries, and playing 3 post season games to make it to the SB.

Chad Pennington getting hurt helps Miamis... That makes me happy... Awwww poor Chad Pennigntion is going to have the spend the season rehabbing his hand while sitting by the pool at his Mansion... Life must be hard... Maybe we should start a collection for the poor rich athelets who get injured doing their jobs...

Seriously Phinphan... I know you won't listen to me because I am of French descent so you AUTOMATICALLY ASSUME that I am a scumbag...

But breaking your hand is not a "serious" injury in anything other than football terms... Its not like he'll never walk again... Now if the guy broke his back, or was paralyzed, or his career was over, then thats different. But the Dude broke his hand sheesh... Lighten up Francis!

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by 13isgr81
Chad Pennington getting hurt helps Miamis... That makes me happy... Awwww poor Chad Pennigntion is going to have the spend the season rehabbing his hand while sitting by the pool at his Mansion... Life must be hard... Maybe we should start a collection for the poor rich athelets who get injured doing their jobs...

Seriously Phinphan... I know you won't listen to me because I am of French descent so you AUTOMATICALLY ASSUME that I am a scumbag...

But breaking your hand is not a "serious" injury in anything other than football terms... Its not like he'll never walk again... Now if the guy broke his back, or was paralyzed, or his career was over, then thats different. But the Dude broke his hand sheesh... Lighten up Francis!

Dude, if you have that much hatred for the players, why do you bother watching the game? I'm not sending Penny any flowers, but he has my sympathies for an injury that HAD to hurt like he!!. The bottom line is that in MY opinion, you're tested when you play and beat the best. If you're going on luck, you're going to get the same results you've always gotten...great in the Prelims, but blown out when you face the A talent in the Playoffs.

Originally posted by 13isgr81

true, Fiedler broke a nail, but that didn't ruin his career....close, but he's fine now

Dude, if you have that much hatred for the players, why do you bother watching the game? I'm not sending Penny any flowers, but he has my sympathies for an injury that HAD to hurt like he!!. The bottom line is that in MY opinion, you're tested when you play and beat the best. If you're going on luck, you're going to get the same results you've always gotten...great in the Prelims, but blown out when you face the A talent in the Playoffs.

Hey man, you've demonstrated a high moral ground for all your buddies at Gang green.com to view when they check this board, to see Dolfans' reaction so you should consider your mission accomplished and let it drop.

Injuries happen. "Testing against the best", is a nice ideal, but in reality, there's always someone hurt as the season wears on. I'm sorry the guy got hurt, for his own physical discomfort and career, but I'm not going to sit around boo-hooing over the stinking Jets.

So you can quit your preachng and go back to your Jets buddies knowing they think highly of you now, which was your whole point in posting this condescending thread in the first place. "Cheering over an injury" is the kind of things Jets fans do, so quit with the condescension towards Dolphins fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Agua

Hey man, you've demonstrated a high moral ground for all your buddies at Gang green.com to view when they check this board, to see Dolfans' reaction so you should consider your mission accomplished and let it drop.

Injuries happen. "Testing against the best", is a nice ideal, but in reality, there's always someone hurt as the season wears on. I'm sorry the guy got hurt, for his own physical discomfort and career, but I'm not going to sit around boo-hooing over the stinking Jets.

So you can quit your preachng and go back to your Jets buddies knowing they think highly of you now, which was your whole point in posting this condescending thread in the first place. "Cheering over an injury" is the kind of things Jets fans do, so quit with the condescension towards Dolphins fans.

If I hadn't seen fellow Dolphins fans cheering injuries over the years, I wouldn't have felt the need to make that post. He!!, when Bledsoe got his lung punctured there were posts on this site AND the Patriots site that were worthy of Eagles fans. And again, nobody said you have to sit in mourning for Penny or the Jets fandom...just don't CHEER it for christs sake. As for my motives, I post on that board because I like getting feedback from people who DON'T root for the Phins. It helps balance out my own homerism, and keeps me from thinking that 3rd string players are going to break NFL records. Quite honestly I couldn't care less what anyone on ANY Internet board thinks of me, because I'm never going to meet those people face to face anyway. If you dislike my "preaching" feel free to ignore it. But I take pride in the Phins and even(God knows why) their fans, and it pains me when one of those fans acts like an a$$hole.

Uh huh. And how many posts "cheering" Pennington's injury have you found on Dolphin sites?

I note the irony of a thread "cheering" for an injury to Lavernius Coles on a Jets fan board the day that Pennington went down (on "the Insiders" board, by a poster named "Chad Pennington Rules", no less).

Seriously man, drop it. You're really out in left field now when you're trying to justify the condescension with "Testing against their best" as a justification. Injuries happen and the NYJ got a tough break. That's their problem, not mine.

As for my motives, I post on that board because I like getting feedback from people who DON'T root for the Phins. It helps balance out my own homerism, and keeps me from thinking that 3rd string players are going to break NFL records.

You can't analyze talent any better than that 'tard "hikeman" over on the Jets board without hanging out with Jets fans? I couldn't care less if you hang out on an NYJ board, whatever your motive, but I highly doubt you, or anyone with an IQ over 70, needs the t kind of interaction to prevent them from thinking Travis Minor would start on 28 or 29 teams and gain 2000+ yards if he were a starter.

Originally posted by Agua

You can't analyze talent any better than that 'tard "hikeman" over on the Jets board without hanging out with Jets fans? I couldn't care less if you hang out on an NYJ board, whatever your motive, but I highly doubt you, or anyone with an IQ over 70, needs the t kind of interaction to prevent them from thinking Travis Minor would start on 28 or 29 teams and gain 2000+ yards if he were a starter.

Hey, if you want to sit around in a circle jerk and just talk Phin football with Phin fans, that's up to you. As for me, I prefer to get the other perspective. And yes, there are idiots like Hikeman over there...so what? We have people who make ridiculous claims like that here as well. Fans are fans Aqua, whether they're Jets, Phins, or Giants fans. And as for keeping me "centered", yeah, sometimes I allow myself to get carried away with the hype and it DOES help to see other fans of other teams making the same mistakes. It's all about perspective...if you're happy only getting one perspective, more power to you. I prefer to get as many different views as possible.

Well, maybe I'm just a more experienced fan and the years have added the perspective for me that I don't feel the need to look to outside sources to realize the shortcomings of our own players. Your hanging around on other teams' boards is your own business. I personally don't need it for perspective.

And, yeah, I've gotten to the point I'd rather talk Phin football with Phin fans. I don't participate in "smack forums". I don't see why you'd refer to that as a "circle jerk", however, unless you find little worth in the discussions offered by the fans of your own favorite team.

Back
Top Bottom