For those who would cheer injuries.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those who would cheer injuries....

What if they hit them so hard they blow bubbles out of their butt? Can I wish for that to happen or is that asking too much? hehe

Frankly, it does not bother me. At all. I dont particularly wish anything bad on Pennington, but I dont feel bad for him. He's an athelete being paid millions to play a game.

As for the fans..I think it is hilarious. It's pretty much karma in my opinion. Those of you who have seen how much the Jets fans brag on and on about their second AFC East Championship will understand and enjoy the particular irony of this.

The exact thing that allowed them to advance to their AFC East Championship is the thing that is going to put them in the cellar this season...Quarterback injury. Fiedler got hurt, allowing the Jets to advance. Pennington now gets it, likely even worse.

Originally posted by Disgustipate
Frankly, it does not bother me. At all. I dont particularly wish anything bad on Pennington, but I dont feel bad for him. He's an athelete being paid millions to play a game.

As for the fans..I think it is hilarious. It's pretty much karma in my opinion. Those of you who have seen how much the Jets fans brag on and on about their second AFC East Championship will understand and enjoy the particular irony of this.

The exact thing that allowed them to advance to their AFC East Championship is the thing that is going to put them in the cellar this season...Quarterback injury. Fiedler got hurt, allowing the Jets to advance. Pennington now gets it, likely even worse.

Well DP, I wish I could say I'm surprised at your sentiment...but unfortunately I'm not.

Look i smile when it happens to someone else cus teh fins get no sympathy from anyone and supposedly can never be used as an excuse. When injuries happen to us, alot of people publicly say there sorry, but they are really smilling. Here comes jason taylor Vinnie!

Originally posted by finfan54
Look i smile when it happens to someone else cus teh fins get no sympathy from anyone and supposedly can never be used as an excuse. When injuries happen to us, alot of people publicly say there sorry, but they are really smilling. Here comes jason taylor Vinnie!

If you smile when a player is injured, you're at best a bad fan, and at worst a scumbag. Just because other scumbags cheer when our players get hurt is not only no excuse, it SHOULD serve as a lesson.

I hate to see any player get injured. Even during the worst of the 90's I didn't want to see J.Kelly or T. Thomas injured.

That said, if there is a group of fans more deserving of the misery than the NYJ, I don't know who it would be.

Originally posted by Agua
I hate to see any player get injured. Even during the worst of the 90's I didn't want to see J.Kelly or T. Thomas injured.

That said, if there is a group of fans more deserving of the misery than the NYJ, I don't know who it would be.

Bill fans.

Scroll through the Smack Forum.

Were they not laughing when Moore and Perry went out for the season? They just worded it differently to make it almost look like they weren't.

The one post like "The MVP for the Fins this year is gonna be their trainer". Now, what would that possibly imply? :(

Ahhh..... well, as I don't spend time in the smack forum, I missed all those. Still, NYJ fans are the most obnoxious of the lot. Bills fans are generally reality challenged, NYJ fans are on the whole the most obnoxious.

I hate injuries expecially to our rivals. I like to beat them at full strength.

Plus if we beat the Jets we will be hearing from the Jets fans "oh well, our starting QB was out."

Just like we do about Ray last year.

I guess its wrong to ever hope for an injury to a player, cuz thats just kinda mean I guess. But injuries are part of the game. And actually, when I see a stat like in 2001 or 2000 I forget which year, that we actually injured like 5 or 6 quarterbacks...I don't feel its wrong to be just a LITTLE...somewhere, deep down, proud of that. Its not that I don't feel bad for the Chris Chandlers and Chris Weinkes who went down that year, sure I do, but we have a defense that knocks the snot out of people enough to where guys are being dragged off the field...literally. National media supports this...we've got all kinds of reports comin now about how the Ravens D still has that 'toughness' that they displayed when they broke Mike Vick's leg.

Don't hope for an injury.

Don't cheer when a guy is laying on the field and could be seriously hurt (ya hear that Philly fans???)

Don't feel guilty just for feeling a little relieved when you hear a guy who could hurt our team is injured.

Does anyone here remember that Pro Bowl WR Troy Brown, probably the best skill position player on the Patriots, missed the first game we played against the Patriots? Does anyone feel guilty for winning that game while he was absent?

Yeah, I admit it. I hear Chad Pennington is down with a dislocated wrist and I feel bad for him as a person. But I don't feel bad for the Jets, and now I feel PRETTY good about our Week 2 matchup. I dare anyone to come to my face and tell me that I'm a scumbag for it.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I guess its wrong to ever hope for an injury to a player, cuz thats just kinda mean I guess. But injuries are part of the game. And actually, when I see a stat like in 2001 or 2000 I forget which year, that we actually injured like 5 or 6 quarterbacks...I don't feel its wrong to be just a LITTLE...somewhere, deep down, proud of that. Its not that I don't feel bad for the Chris Chandlers and Chris Weinkes who went down that year, sure I do, but we have a defense that knocks the snot out of people enough to where guys are being dragged off the field...literally. National media supports this...we've got all kinds of reports comin now about how the Ravens D still has that 'toughness' that they displayed when they broke Mike Vick's leg.

Don't hope for an injury.

Don't cheer when a guy is laying on the field and could be seriously hurt (ya hear that Philly fans???)

Don't feel guilty just for feeling a little relieved when you hear a guy who could hurt our team is injured.

Does anyone here remember that Pro Bowl WR Troy Brown, probably the best skill position player on the Patriots, missed the first game we played against the Patriots? Does anyone feel guilty for winning that game while he was absent?

Yeah, I admit it. I hear Chad Pennington is down with a dislocated wrist and I feel bad for him as a person. But I don't feel bad for the Jets, and now I feel PRETTY good about our Week 2 matchup. I dare anyone to come to my face and tell me that I'm a scumbag for it.

Not me. I agree with you. When I heard Chad went down I was happy. Not because I want to see the guy get hurt personally, but for our team and the chances it helps us to win..I'm happy. And as long as it's not a season ending or career ending situation it really shouldn't get blown out of water like it tends to do (when it comes to people being scumbags for cheerin injuries).

There is a difference between not having a problem about a team losing a player then wanting the guy as an individual to get hurt. It's like CK said. There is nothing wrong with liking something that hurts the Jets team. If you'd read the post, I said I'm sorry it happened and I dont want to see Pennington as a person injured. He seems like a good guy. We're in too close of a division to feel bad about a team having problems.

And I'm not too keen on being preached at and being told I'm a "scumbag" at by a Jets sycophant, either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

If you smile when a player is injured, you're at best a bad fan, and at worst a scumbag.

Judge not, lest ye be judged.

Just because you may disagree with their opinion does NOT give you a right to judge them as a "bad fan" or a "scumbag".

You judge him based up on his opinion, will you also judge someone based upon their religion or skin tone?

What Im saying is this. If someone wants to cheer about something, fine. If you disagree, fine. So be it. Thats one of the great things about this world. But you dont go around labeling people simply because of it.

I know a lot of Dolfans here also take that stance that they want the Phins to destroy the Jets when they are at 100%...and yeah, would that be nice? Sure. But to me thats fantasy. There's no point, to me, in having that kind of pseudo honor code stuff goin on.

I said it in another thread in the beast forum. Does the fact that Jay Fiedler was injured dull the edge on any Bills fan taunt? Do you feel guilty about beating the Patriots when they didn't have their best offensive weapon Troy Brown? If the Bills games were the other way around, Bledsoe hurt, Fiedler ok, and we sweep them to go 11-5 with homefield and a bye and we get all the way to the super bowl and beat the Bucs...do you feel our championship deserves an asterisk because we didn't play the Bills at full strength?

Whatever it takes to win that super bowl. I don't care if every star QB we face goes down on the road to the Super Bowl, if we get there we get there...and this is a team sport and injuries are part of it. We were destined not to go to the playoffs because we had crappy depth last year. We spent millions this year putting ourselves in a better situation this year where depth is concern.

if you think about it

injuries are not caused by the amount of preseason games. they are caused because somebody is running through a hoop and not playing the game. some hotdog on the bubble thinks he can make the team with one last good hit.. you're gonna have injuries, football is a rough sport, but i think everybody that suits up should be a little more concerned with whats goin on around him. you have twice as many peole hurt during preseason than you do in the regular season!;)

Back
Top Bottom