Forget size, Dolphins' De'Von Achane says: ‘I know what I'm capable of' | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Forget size, Dolphins' De'Von Achane says: ‘I know what I'm capable of'

Seems like a good kid, love the mindset, but lets see him block Chubb on a blitz in camp.

The Sproles comparison is a good one. Keep in mind Sproles was a 4th round pick.
I actually hate the Sproles comparison. Sproles was a 5’6 super buff (187 pounds at 5’6, did 23 bench press reps at combine) jitterbug with pretty mediocre speed (4.46). Achane is almost the opposite of that—he’s a very thin sprinter who runs a 4.32 and doesn’t do much juking.

I always say I think Achane has a lot of traits in common with Tyreek, and I do. Same size, similar speed, similar vision, similar contact balance. Tyreek is stronger with more wiggle, and obviously Tyreek transitioned to WR and became a very good route runner. But the commonality of traits are there.

If forced to go with a recent RB, I think CJ Spiller was the most similar to Achane. A little taller, but similar frame, similar speed, and similar contact balance/toughness. Achane has better vision, though, and Spiller had more wiggle.

Back
Top Bottom