Forget size, Dolphins' De'Von Achane says: ‘I know what I'm capable of' | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Forget size, Dolphins' De'Von Achane says: ‘I know what I'm capable of'

I actually hate the Sproles comparison. Sproles was a 5’6 super buff (187 pounds at 5’6, did 23 bench press reps at combine) jitterbug with pretty mediocre speed (4.46). Achane is almost the opposite of that—he’s a very thin sprinter who runs a 4.32 and doesn’t do much juking.

I always say I think Achane has a lot of traits in common with Tyreek, and I do. Same size, similar speed, similar vision, similar contact balance. Tyreek is stronger with more wiggle, and obviously Tyreek transitioned to WR and became a very good route runner. But the commonality of traits are there.

If forced to go with a recent RB, I think CJ Spiller was the most similar to Achane. A little taller, but similar frame, similar speed, and similar contact balance/toughness. Achane has better vision, though, and Spiller had more wiggle.
Tyreek is 4 inches taller than Achane. Achane just weighed in at 192 while Google has Hill at 191. I get the comparison. Though 4 inches is pretty substantial. How is Achane at route running?

Tyreek is 4 inches taller than Achane. Achane just weighed in at 192 while Google has Hill at 191. I get the comparison. Though 4 inches is pretty substantial. How is Achane at route running?
Achane is the exact same height as Tyreek—actually a quarter inch taller. Tyreek measured 5’8 and 1/4 inch at his Pro Day. Achane measured 5’8 and 1/2 inch at the combine. And Tyreek weighed 185 coming out, Achane 188. So size-wise, they’re virtually identical.

Achane’s route running is nothing special at the moment. He has the tools but hasn’t done much of it. I doubt he’ll ever be as good in that regard as Tyreek (obviously), but he could be a plus route runner.

I actually hate the Sproles comparison. Sproles was a 5’6 super buff (187 pounds at 5’6, did 23 bench press reps at combine) jitterbug with pretty mediocre speed (4.46). Achane is almost the opposite of that—he’s a very thin sprinter who runs a 4.32 and doesn’t do much juking.

I always say I think Achane has a lot of traits in common with Tyreek, and I do. Same size, similar speed, similar vision, similar contact balance. Tyreek is stronger with more wiggle, and obviously Tyreek transitioned to WR and became a very good route runner. But the commonality of traits are there.

If forced to go with a recent RB, I think CJ Spiller was the most similar to Achane. A little taller, but similar frame, similar speed, and similar contact balance/toughness. Achane has better vision, though, and Spiller had more wiggle.

That’s a fantastic eval! I Agree with all of it.

He runs a lot like Mostert tbh. Glides through the traffic. Excited!

Yeah... Achane's blocking skills are pretty much irrelevant...
I wouldn't go that far, but he doesn't need to "stone" ppl to be effective. He's certainly quick enough to redirect or impede a pass rusher.

Achane is the exact same height as Tyreek—actually a quarter inch taller. Tyreek measured 5’8 and 1/4 inch at his Pro Day. Achane measured 5’8 and 1/2 inch at the combine. And Tyreek weighed 185 coming out, Achane 188. So size-wise, they’re virtually identical.

Achane’s route running is nothing special at the moment. He has the tools but hasn’t done much of it. I doubt he’ll ever be as good in that regard as Tyreek (obviously), but he could be a plus route runner.

Yeah, IDK from where loco is getting a 4” difference. He’s acting loco ;)

The article just posted about Achane says he measured 5’8.5” at the combine and the Dolphins now have him listed at 5’9”.

So not only is he NOT shorter than Tyreek, the 4” comment is absurd.

As a DC, I would think it risky to send a blitz with Achane in the backfield. He’s likely not there for protection so missing the mark or over-pursuit by DE or LB could create nice openings for Tua and him to exploit.

As a DC, I would think it risky to send a blitz with Achane in the backfield. He’s likely not there for protection so missing the mark or over-pursuit by DE or LB could create nice openings for Tua and him to exploit.
Agree. Blitzing with Achane in the backfield and Hill and Waddle at WR strikes me as a very bad idea.

Back
Top Bottom