FORMER DOLPHINS COACH NOT IMPRESSED WITH FINS OFFENSE FROM OTA VISIT | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FORMER DOLPHINS COACH NOT IMPRESSED WITH FINS OFFENSE FROM OTA VISIT

I feel like being in a city like Miami there's too many distractions and the Phins over the years lose focus. They are the off season champs but when the season starts they just aren't prepared to compete. They need a discplinarian as a coach to keep them focused. It was even difficult for Flores to keep them focused. We will see but I am not sure this relaxed approach will be good for a team in Miami.
It’s a good point..but maybe this coach is smart enough to get them intellectually to stay focused, he talks about the important stuff in his pressers like dedication to the craft and accountability your teammates.

I would love love to see MCD say we’re going away for training camp, to some college campus somewhere nowhere

Westhoff was (once upon a time) the best special teams coach in the NFL but... he might be a tad sore from Teddy Ginn running 2 kickoffs back for TDs when he was with the j e t s --- after we had moved on from him.

>>> man did that BURN his ass!

:oops:

Anyway -- for now I'm 100% from Missouri when it comes to McDaniel tho the dude deserves an opportunity to show his product on the field before we start making conclusions.

Bottom line, there's a TON to get done implementing the new system and all the new parts. Have to hope it all comes together and Tua can seriously ramp up his game.

We'll see.

So the offense looks like crap? Players not lining up right and all that still? If hes not exaggerating then its a coaching issue for the most part and that's why you have these OTAs to address these issues and so that by September things are right.

I wasn’t there…but I respect his opinion as a quality ex-member of Shula’s staff.
I'm just curious what he was looking at that was bad. For example, if he's all about detail which makes sense for a coach. He might see it as a horrible practice even if the qb makes nice throws IF the o line was looking bad, the players weren't running right routes or getting mixed up on plays. The players weren't practicing with good energy. The offense had too many lapses. If you're looking at the big picture and big throws, then it would be a good practice. If you're less focused about that and more on the details, then good passes would not make up for the other stuff. I don't want miami to look sloppy as a team, but I am focused on Tua more because he decides the season. The o line does too of course maybe as much or more because they will make or break it too. So I was liking the throws that were mentioned and seemed like Tua is throwing better, more like he did at bama with him healthier. It doesn't make sense, because if Tua was bad passing Thursday it would have been mentioned by others watching who aren't biased for miami and often more likely critical of miami but gave props to Tua

I'm just curious what he was looking at that was bad. For example, if he's all about detail which makes sense for a coach. He might see it as a horrible practice even if the qb makes nice throws IF the o line was looking bad, the players weren't running right routes or getting mixed up on plays. The players weren't practicing with good energy. The offense had too many lapses. If you're looking at the big picture and big throws, then it would be a good practice. If you're less focused about that and more on the details, then good passes would not make up for the other stuff. I don't want miami to look sloppy as a team, but I am focused on Tua more because he decides the season. The o line does too of course maybe as much or more because they will make or break it too. So I was liking the throws that were mentioned and seemed like Tua is throwing better, more like he did at bama with him healthier. It doesn't make sense, because if Tua was bad passing Thursday it would have been mentioned by others watching who aren't biased for miami and often more likely critical of miami but gave props to Tua

The proof will be in the pudding…could have just been a mediocre practice…..

At some point it has to turn around. It has to. I refuse to believe there's a curse on the stadium that magically makes O-Linemen suck.

They nabbed one of the best LT in the game, improved the G/C position, and improved their coaching by default. Is it going to suddenly be one of the best in the league overnight? No. But it has to get better, because it literally can't get worse.
… the curse of Chris Grier is alive and well :)

The worst OL talent evaluator in the NFL. It’s not magic, it’s fact.

Disclaimer for all the psychos: he’s done a great job this year but facts are facts

“Different is not always better”.

Lot of time before Week 1 though.

spank season 2 GIF by Blunt Talk

Westoff to Dolfans.

Back
Top Bottom