FORMER DOLPHINS COACH NOT IMPRESSED WITH FINS OFFENSE FROM OTA VISIT | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FORMER DOLPHINS COACH NOT IMPRESSED WITH FINS OFFENSE FROM OTA VISIT

It looked better the next day. Having said that it has always scared me when they brag about a coach being a "players coach". All the greats were very strict, and didn't spend a lot of time worrying about who did or didn't like him. When things get dicey (and make no mistake they will) a coach that demands respect can much easier step in as a leader and those around him will follow, as opposed to your "bro" trying to suddenly step in and expect everyone to suddenly just start walking the line. There MUST be a hierarchy, and everyone must know their role and how to stay in their lane.

your entire concept that a leader has to be a strict asshole is completely false. None of what you said is “fact” and there is more than one way to be a great leader.
Your entire concept that a leader has to be a strict asshole is completely false. None of what you said is “fact” and there is more than one way to be a great leader.

Last edited:
On top of the defense not missing a beat, same players, same coaches, same scheme....

This is an entirely new offensive with mostly new players, new coaches, new scheme. Defense is always ahead this time of year to boot. I'm not concerned... yet

On top of the defense not missing a beat, same players, same coaches, same scheme....

This is an entirely new offensive with mostly new players, new coaches, new scheme. Defense is always ahead this time of year to boot. I'm not concerned... yet
Westhoff talked about this. He said it should still look like a professional setup and that there was no excuse for guys breaking the huddle and looking confused and not knowing where to line up.

Not great to hear this. I hope McDaniel can get this right before the season starts.

It's cool to be a players coach but you need to be organized and disciplined before it can be all fun and games.

It's still very early on maybe that's all this is. I hope that's all this is.
Flo was apparently extremely disorganized believe it or not.

Heard that from an inside source

Reactions: dha
It’s OTAs… in June… Yes, let’s blow this up for no reason like we did the Tua under throw. If it’s bad during the season then I’ll care, but I don’t really care what an old special teams coach thinks about an early practice.
Lol we go through this every year.

Every year we see bad signs of bad play with certain units in OTAs that get brushed off to preseason that gets brushed off to early regular season until it’s halloween and problems still exist.

it’s Miami, until they start showing that they can turn it on once the bullets fly everyone here has the right to be concerned right now.

This O-line still scares me and can easily derail this season.

Funny just in time for his new book coming out. What a publicity stunt. All the talks in Miami, new coach, Tuas arm, he knows theres alot of attention here so why not get in on the action.

Not great to hear this. I hope McDaniel can get this right before the season starts.

It's cool to be a players coach but you need to be organized and disciplined before it can be all fun and games.

It's still very early on maybe that's all this is. I hope that's all this is.
Not sure what to believe, but I always liked Westhoff as a coach.

Of course, even if true, it's one bad practice.

Not surprised if that is the case. No Armstead, lineman are being shuffled to new positions, and new offense being installed.

This makes 4 years straight.

Back
Top Bottom