FORMER DOLPHINS COACH NOT IMPRESSED WITH FINS OFFENSE FROM OTA VISIT | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FORMER DOLPHINS COACH NOT IMPRESSED WITH FINS OFFENSE FROM OTA VISIT

The offense was that bad? Sounds like we have conflicting reports.
Says ota and at practice but that was one practice. Was that the wednesday one that wasn't so great? Does that matter so much when rebound happened on Thursday. He said qb didn't look good. But many reports say and show Tua did well Thursday for last mini camp and making nice throws. If anything, it shows the players and coach can bounce back from sloppyness

I'm inclined to believe what the man said is true. Whether McDaniel expected a hot mess of OTAs or not, hopefully this theme doesn't follow through into training camp and pre season.

Lol we go through this every year.

Every year we see bad signs of bad play with certain units in OTAs that get brushed off to preseason that gets brushed off to early regular season until it’s halloween and problems still exist.

it’s Miami, until they start showing that they can turn it on once the bullets fly everyone here has the right to be concerned right now.

This O-line still scares me and can easily derail this season.

This post should be pinned at the top of the board til this team does sometbing on the field to change it

Says ota and at practice but that was one practice. Was that the wednesday one that wasn't so great? Does that matter so much when rebound happened on Thursday. He said qb didn't look good. But many reports say and show Tua did well Thursday for last mini camp and making nice throws. If anything, it shows the players and coach can bounce back from sloppyness
It was the Thursday practice.

Lol we go through this every year.

Every year we see bad signs of bad play with certain units in OTAs that get brushed off to preseason that gets brushed off to early regular season until it’s halloween and problems still exist.

it’s Miami, until they start showing that they can turn it on once the bullets fly everyone here has the right to be concerned right now.

This O-line still scares me and can easily derail this season.
A-freaking-men. People here act like it’s all rainbows and unicorns because MM is the cool new kid on the block, but it’s easy to be chill and optimistic when nothing has gone wrong yet. If they come out of the gates cold, McDaniels needs to be able to correct sloppy play, not just be buddy buddies with the players. Last year people were convinced the offense was gonna take a step forward and that bad offseason play was no big deal. Then what happened?

It looked better the next day. Having said that it has always scared me when they brag about a coach being a "players coach". All the greats were very strict, and didn't spend a lot of time worrying about who did or didn't like him. When things get dicey (and make no mistake they will) a coach that demands respect can much easier step in as a leader and those around him will follow, as opposed to your "bro" trying to suddenly step in and expect everyone to suddenly just start walking the line. There MUST be a hierarchy, and everyone must know their role and how to stay in their lane.
This is my main concern with McD. Being chill, cool, and laid back is great...until it isn't. I hope he's up to the task, I personally support the hire and wish him the best.

As many are saying on here, don't get too upset until training camp. Just like I'm not thinking Tua is a future Hall of Famer based on a couple of training videos and Hill saying he is great.

Let's wait till it is shown on the field. I will say if there are a bunch of pre-snap penalties during the preseason games, it may be an omen of a long season. I prefer a stricter coach that instills discipline, but I know there is more than one way to skin a cat. It is disconcerting news though and hopefully Coach Mac turns it around.

Wasn’t Westhoff fired? I prefer to hear it from someone who doesn’t have an axe to grind
I doubt many teams invite coaches that have an axe to grind against them to their practice. More than likely it's a fair observences. I believe it was the same practice that Omar and others said Tua made several nic throws, ut in general the offense struggled most of the practice. I'm not too worried we don't know th details or the cause of the struggles. For example if the offense was focusing on areas that they have issues with and that they're trying to iron out some kinks, we should expepect raggged play until those issues are resolved through reputition and coaching.

Not that I don't trust Westhoff, but, he has always been very opinionated and he is unabashedly old school.

People can have different views. I'm sure there is some truth to what he said.

But, he also just seems extra loud and likes to toot his horn. I could see him being extra harsh on a coach who doesn't fits his criteria.

That said, would love to hear a better report. Just take this as what it is.

Back
Top Bottom