FORMER DOLPHINS COACH NOT IMPRESSED WITH FINS OFFENSE FROM OTA VISIT | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FORMER DOLPHINS COACH NOT IMPRESSED WITH FINS OFFENSE FROM OTA VISIT

I’ll get killed by some for making “excuses”, but here goes:

While McDaniel was the OC last year in SF, he was in charge of running Kyle Shanahan’s offense. That being said, we’ve got a 1st time HC who’s installing his offense for the very first time, with a reclamation project O-line featuring MAJOR pieces that are new to Miami, and an almost entirely new backfield.

I would be ASTONISHED if media reports out of mini camp were heavily slanted in the offenses favor. Knowing the facts, do we have any realistic reasons for the offense looking good at this point? This offense is going to look drastically different in week 1 vs mini camp, just like it’s gonna look pretty different in week 17 when compared to week 1. The only thing I care about is that it looks better each step of the way.

This guy was always a loud mouth jerk......it is OTA's in a brand new offense. What do you expect it to look like? Does he understand the purpose of OTA's? LOL

Enjoy your posts, but I think what he expects is the offense to be able to break the huddle and line up properly. They’re professionals and have had the playbook for awhile.

The report leaves out that Tom also told them to get off his lawn.

Interesting. No reason not to believe Westhoff here. Got a lot of work to do before the season
He was always a tell it like it is guy. Best ST coach in the game for a long time. Can’t believe Wanny fired him - I think it was because Westhoff stood up to him and, well, told it like it was. So he got canned

I do believe our offense will be vastly improved, but we should be realistic on the timeline for such improvement. It may take half a season to start to see impactful results. With limited practices, it'll be up to the players to learn quickly.

As many are saying on here, don't get too upset until training camp. Just like I'm not thinking Tua is a future Hall of Famer based on a couple of training videos and Hill saying he is great.

Let's wait till it is shown on the field. I will say if there are a bunch of pre-snap penalties during the preseason games, it may be an omen of a long season. I prefer a stricter coach that instills discipline, but I know there is more than one way to skin a cat. It is disconcerting news though and hopefully Coach Mac turns it around.
I think you are right in using pre-snap penalties a guide.

Just keep in mind there are going to be a lot of job cuts to bring our team down to 53 players. This can be a reason that many new players may be "over-anxious" in anticipating the snap.

I would be.

Let's see if I get this straight, we have a former coach that was fired from this organization, who also has a new book to sell? What could go wrong here? I see a guy that wants another payday with his book, nothing more. I expect a very young Offense with a totally new system to learn, to struggle, and the local press being favorable to curry favor from the new coaches. There's still a long way to go.

Sounds like the biggest issue is mental. Players do not know the playbook. Talking about it too long in the huddle and don't know where to line up. They were not ready for OTA and mini camp and did not prepare. That to me is a bad sign, McD needs to get stricter.

Back
Top Bottom