Former Miami Dolphins Head Coach Tony Sparano Passes Away | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Miami Dolphins Head Coach Tony Sparano Passes Away

This has got me just bummed out tonight. It seriously made me sick to my stomach when I heard of his passing. And it really pisses me off when I think of the crap that Ireland and Ross did to Tony when he was coach. It sickens me.

In terms of what I want in a head coach in many ways you could just say "the opposite of Sporano" but that is just personal preference, I prefer an X and Os coach who will outthink the other team but there is still a place for his kind of ideas in the modern NFL and I would have taken him back to run our OL in a heartbeat.

But I always got the feeling he was a good dude (something depressingly rare in a league full of killers, drug addicts, rapists and coaches who sell their mother for an advantage) who cares deeply and gave 100%. It has been great to see so many genuine and heartfelt tributes from across the league.

Sparano always treated the Dolphins with respect - not something I can say about how the owner and GM treated him

It honestly scares the life out of me that one day you can wake up and someone you love is just suddenly gone with no warning. Puts a lot of things in perspective

Class act, RIP coach....may the Lord be with your family and friends!

Coach will always be remembered for 11-5 turnaround, whopping on the Pats, fist pumps and wearing shades.....RIP.

The fact this thread has as much activity as it does suggests that this board is full of compassionate, good people who recognize that life itself is more important than football. Fan of Tony or not as a coach, everyone coming out and showing respect is absolute class. Proud to be a FH member today.

I probably mocked Tony as much as anyone for the fist pumps, but no one could question his passion, his work ethic and his genuine affection for his staff and players. Whatever his record as a coach, he was a great man, and that is far more important. RIP Coach - you deserve it.

RIP Tony he gave us one of the best rides in recent history, the wildcat was a great innovation

The wildcat game IN NEW ENGLAND was the most fun that I ever had watching a football game other than the SB wins. Watching a confused NE getting spanked was exhilarating. Everything worked to perfection. The stadium was in shock. Thanks for the memories Tony, RIP..

Back
Top Bottom