Former Miami Dolphins Head Coach Tony Sparano Passes Away | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Miami Dolphins Head Coach Tony Sparano Passes Away

I don't recall seeing a single word about him being in bad health. This is a total shock. Tony Soprano gave the Dolphin fans a cool ride in 2008. 56, way too young.

I remeber him talking about flying home after our week 2 loss. Talking to David Lee on the flight home about his wildcat offense......week 3 we made history.

It was short lived but produced some good memories.

Thanks Coach. RIP. You will always be family.

So sad. Great guy and he deserved better. Thanks Tony for your passion as a Dolphin coach.

Fist pump to Tony sparano may you rest in peace thoughts with his family......

Incredible. Something that should've been prevented had the doctors known. Many HA and stroke don't give you many early signs. This one warned him 3 days prior.
Prayers to him and his loved ones

Just read it on another site, so sad...god bless. Anyone know the cause?

Stunning and sad. I was watching the British Open coverage when I found out. Suddenly the golf meant nothing at all.

Sparano was a solid classy guy when the franchise badly needed it. I have always rooted for him at subsequent stops, and smiled when he appeared on screen. Whether or not he was fist pumping, you had to envision that fist pump every time.

RIP

My first web weekend for finheaven and my first as an admin, was 2008. That was a huge turnaround year for the dolphins and brought huge changes to finheaven. I got to see sparano up close and let me tell you, for that year he exuded confidence in his team and his system, and even in that more intimate setting he wouldn’t throw any player under the bus. Great person and old school coach. Shame he didn’t coach in the 80s.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom