Four Sharply Changed Narratives About The Dolphins Season | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Four Sharply Changed Narratives About The Dolphins Season

I think you have to slow down with your criticism a bit. Kohou is a good player who has had initial success. However this year, he was consistently in a position to be covering the #1 or #2 for whoever we were playing as teams rotated away from Ramsey. Our inability to adapt and prevent that exposed Kohou at times. Conversely, we have also had situations where Ramsey, our best cover corner had nobody to cover on his side of the field.

I'm certainly not one of those that thinks Fangio isn't a good DC.....but you really miss the entire point with your post. It is very possible that Kohou is good in the slot and not as a primary cover guy and that Fangio was so stuck in his ways, that he used personnel in ways that exposed their weaknesses and not their strengths. It doesn't have to be one or the other.....both can be true.
yes but kohou was back in the slot after ramsey returned from injury and he was still getting smoked. not to distract from the main point, which is fangio does not suck as a dc

Aaaah........yeah, you have been exposed my friend

I'm not sure why you continue to post negative stuff about a variety of things and then always turn it into a Tua bash, but you clearly have an agenda, although I don't think it is having the impact you think it does.....
you people are all a bit nuts. there was no tua bashing in the OP. the issue is, you guys turn anything that doesnt say Tua is the best thing since sliced bread, into a tua bash. you guys are quite defensive for some reason, i am not sure why

Some "fans" will always have extreme points of view upon a failed season. Personally, criticism is allowed but with perspective.

1) I was excited to get Vic but pissed off to watch teams find our weak spot and attack it and no adjustments made i.e. best receiver going off and we can't just put Ramsey on him, can't cover underneath crossing routes with constant zone under, RB's out of the back field etc.... injuries or not those are failures in scheme

2) Oline, they looked good in pass pro because we threw the ball in 2 seconds, run game was on when we threw the ball well. Truth is when we needed more time in the pocket we rarely got it. When we had to run it we struggled to do so consistently. Oline has to be better, especially in the interior. Now we can flip the script and pass off the better run game.

3) McDaniel is excellent, but he's going to make mistakes. But holey sugar, can we stop throwing -5 yard swing routes to the backs when we are in short yardage situations. Stop abandoning the run when it's working. Constantly out coaching ourselves with bad play calling, but that happens all over the NFL....KC runs a reverse on the 2 yard line when RB1 is destroying Buffalo. Why can't a RB release from the interior of the line and run either find gaps in zone or run crosses in man - why does everything have to be a swing route to the sideline???? What happened to crossing routes to our receivers getting the ball in their hands quickly 2-10yards not always 15-25 yarders.

4) Anyone questioning our offensive weapons is just dumb, not saying we can't add to it and be even more dynamic but we are on the high side of talent there.

We need to become December and on football ready if we want to win a Superbowl. KC, Buffalo, Cinci, Baltimore and Cleveland are all outdoors and cold. Build for it or you better be the number 1 seed every year.

My 2 cents.

You wanna make a show-pony a race-horse & you think weight is whats holding him back. If I'm clueless, you're a fool.

BTW, the bias in you pathetically yells out like a woman in danger. I clearly wrote it couldn't hurt. If you're sensitive, own it or STFU.
I never said weight is holding him back son, I said it will keep him from reaching his potential and top condition.

Try to follow something you have no clue about

The body moves faster or slower relatively to the ratio of fat and muscle, in a game of inches and fractions of seconds it’s critical a pro athlete is in apex condition.

Extra body fat can inhibit mental and physical performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes but kohou was back in the slot after ramsey returned from injury and he was still getting smoked. not to distract from the main point, which is fangio does not suck as a dc
You actually missed the entire point.

Teams were placing their one and two receivers on the same side as Howard and Kohou.....leaving Ramsey with nobody to cover and because we don't rotate coverage, our best cover corner is not involved in some plays and Kohou ends up covering a top receiver.

Also, I don't know who you keep referring too about Fangio not sucking.....but slow down a bit and read what you are responding to....it will save you from looking like a buffoon

you people are all a bit nuts. there was no tua bashing in the OP. the issue is, you guys turn anything that doesnt say Tua is the best thing since sliced bread, into a tua bash. you guys are quite defensive for some reason, i am not sure why
On the contrary, you responded to a very reasonable post chastising them for having an agenda because they didn't blame Tua. If you would like to go back and review it....it is post #52 in this thread and it was you that turned a thoughtful response into a Tua bash.

Nothing wrong with having a negative opinion of Tua, but own it like an adult.....it is a much better look than what you are currently showing us

You actually missed the entire point.

Teams were placing their one and two receivers on the same side as Howard and Kohou.....leaving Ramsey with nobody to cover and because we don't rotate coverage, our best cover corner is not involved in some plays and Kohou ends up covering a top receiver.

Also, I don't know who you keep referring too about Fangio not sucking.....but slow down a bit and read what you are responding to....it will save you from looking like a buffoon
fangio is not stupid. he was doing things for a reason. sure he could be wrong, but given his experience it is 95% likely he was right. there is no free lunch.

Why so mad at a observation by someone that goes to training camp and sees it with his own eyes

Last edited by a moderator:
nowhere in your list did i see "needing more proof that tua is as good as many think he is"???? not that any of this was really the point of my post, which was really about all the flip flopping and excuse making, which you are doing too, by leaving tua completely off your list and defending him with your other comments

As a friend, let me let you in on a little secret...

Tua's had 2,322 passing attempts over 6 years under intense scrutiny. And every single one is available to go back and watch as many times as you like. He's played under 3 HCs and even more OCs so it's pretty clear what deficiencies can be overcome and which cannot.

If you don't have a solid understanding of what Tua is and isn't at this point, another 500 passing attempts is not going to clarify the issue for you.

If you're "not sure" now, trust me, you're going to be "not sure" in another 365 days. I'm sorry, but that's how fans are. They always want to wait another year so the outcome can make the decision rather than some sort of actual analysis of the player paired with some understanding of the the history/game of football.

The Dolphins win a Playoff game and fans will credit the QB. The Dolphins lose and they'll continue on as doubters of said QB. They don't evaluate the player. They evaluate the final score.

You can support Tua or even hate him. But you might as well say it now because you won't know anything more in a year's time. I think some of you folks need to grow a pair and just say you want the team to move on. That wouldn't hurt my feelings. I don't care about the person/player.

I think people expecting to know something at passing attempt #2765 are pretty naive.

Why so mad at a observation by someone that goes to training camp and sees it with his own eyes
thanks Fred, I wouldn’t be saying this stuff unless I was educated and sure

I want him to be great everyone knows this

See how you're a whiney, lil b!tch that got his feelings hurt being called out for being absolutely moronic?

I didn't say weight doesn't matter. My point is and has been that losing weight is not going to magically make him a QB that can scramble & make plays on a regular basis.

I pray for a lot of things. But now I pray so, so very hard that he gets in the shape you want him to be so you can see how very- EXTREMELY- little you know about sports.

I've seen gigantic men have the most explosive feet & men you'd thought would be track stars trip over their own ankles.

You and Bear and whoever else supports this narrative are the biggest idiots I have yet to come across on this forum. Tua has been stumbling like a drunken sailor at the slightest hint of pressure since he got to the NFL. He doesn't have "IT" nor will he get "IT" at any weight.
Come on brother. Let’s keep it civil. The truth is that Tua losing weight will help him. And if he can increase his core strength it will help his arm strength a bit. Any increase in his velocity (5-10%) will help, because that is his weakness. Tua will never have an arm or move like Allen/Herbert. But we can win with him. This season will show if he is our future.

Back
Top Bottom