Four Sharply Changed Narratives About The Dolphins Season | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Four Sharply Changed Narratives About The Dolphins Season

It’s not about magically flipping him into something he isn’t, there is always a tipping point as far as being out of shape goes and how that can affect an athletes performance, he reached it. We dont need that if he’s gonna be our Qb signed to a huge contract.

Or, yeah sure, being in shape has nothing to do with anything just do whatever you want, be fat who cares it doesn’t matter lol

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s not about magically flipping him into something he isn’t, there is always a tipping point as far as being out of shape goes and how that can affect an athletes performance, he reached it. We dont need that if he’s gonna be our Qb signed to a huge contract.

Or, yeah sure, being in shape has nothing to do with anything just do whatever you want, be fat who cares it doesn’t matter lol

I went back and edited or deleted the personal stuff

If anybody goes there again you will not be posting in this thread

I went back and edited or deleted the personal stuff

If anybody goes there again you will not be posting in this thread
I stopped when you said to Fish, but I can’t let someone just speak to me like that without some sort of back and forth..

Come on brother. Let’s keep it civil. The truth is that Tua losing weight will help him. And if he can increase his core strength it will help his arm strength a bit. Any increase in his velocity (5-10%) will help, because that is his weakness. Tua will never have an arm or move like Allen/Herbert. But we can win with him. This season will show if he is our future.
Turns out I'm the whiney b;tch. Life's a kick in the nuts.

Sorry, DJ & Bear. That had nothing to do with you. I was in a bad mood & projecting. Please accept my apology.

I still stand on my point. Losing weight will not make Tua elite. It is definitely a very positive thing to lose the weight.

And, for the record- cuz, James, it sounds like you think I'm anti-Tua- Tua is my QB. Yes, in part because we have no feasible better option but he won my heart vs Baltimore last year.

I just KNOW the he'll never be a scrambler. We've got to get him an OL where-in he doesn't require being the fastest gun in the NFL or else he can't be successful.

I stopped when you said to Fish, but I can’t let someone just speak to me like that without some sort of back and forth..

Read my post to James, DJ. I'm sorry. Please accept my apology.

Turns out I'm the whiney b;tch. Life's a kick in the nuts.

Sorry, DJ & Bear. That had nothing to do with you. I was in a bad mood & projecting. Please accept my apology.

I still stand on my point. Losing weight will not make Tua elite. It is definitely a very positive thing to lose the weight.

And, for the record- cuz, James, it sounds like you think I'm anti-Tua- Tua is my QB. Yes, in part because we have no feasible better option but he won my heart vs Baltimore last year.

I just KNOW the he'll never be a scrambler. We've got to get him an OL where-in he doesn't require being the fastest gun in the NFL or else he can't be successful.
No worries.

Some "fans" will always have extreme points of view upon a failed season. Personally, criticism is allowed but with perspective.

1) I was excited to get Vic but pissed off to watch teams find our weak spot and attack it and no adjustments made i.e. best receiver going off and we can't just put Ramsey on him, can't cover underneath crossing routes with constant zone under, RB's out of the back field etc.... injuries or not those are failures in scheme

2) Oline, they looked good in pass pro because we threw the ball in 2 seconds, run game was on when we threw the ball well. Truth is when we needed more time in the pocket we rarely got it. When we had to run it we struggled to do so consistently. Oline has to be better, especially in the interior. Now we can flip the script and pass off the better run game.

3) McDaniel is excellent, but he's going to make mistakes. But holey sugar, can we stop throwing -5 yard swing routes to the backs when we are in short yardage situations. Stop abandoning the run when it's working. Constantly out coaching ourselves with bad play calling, but that happens all over the NFL....KC runs a reverse on the 2 yard line when RB1 is destroying Buffalo. Why can't a RB release from the interior of the line and run either find gaps in zone or run crosses in man - why does everything have to be a swing route to the sideline???? What happened to crossing routes to our receivers getting the ball in their hands quickly 2-10yards not always 15-25 yarders.

4) Anyone questioning our offensive weapons is just dumb, not saying we can't add to it and be even more dynamic but we are on the high side of talent there.

We need to become December and on football ready if we want to win a Superbowl. KC, Buffalo, Cinci, Baltimore and Cleveland are all outdoors and cold. Build for it or you better be the number 1 seed every year.

My 2 cents.

Too many here seem to think there is *AN* answer to everything. It's TT's fault. It's injuries. It's Mcd. No secret, over the season, I place most blame on Mcd, but it's undeniable injuries hurt, the OL deteriorated over the season, and injuries to top 3 pass rushers was a killer.
I'm not as certain about the "December" football team. Go back it time and have an injury to only 1 OLman max, no pass rushers injured, and an OC who uses more than 10% of playbook, and there would be no 'not a December team.' Miami would have had #2 seed, minimum, and won the 1st playoff game. Yes, Miami needs to get meany and, yes, TT has his limitations. But there were a lot of QBs in the playoffs who weren't scramblers and didn't have Miami's weapons.

Too many here seem to think there is *AN* answer to everything. It's TT's fault. It's injuries. It's Mcd. No secret, over the season, I place most blame on Mcd, but it's undeniable injuries hurt, the OL deteriorated over the season, and injuries to top 3 pass rushers was a killer.
I'm not as certain about the "December" football team. Go back it time and have an injury to only 1 OLman max, no pass rushers injured, and an OC who uses more than 10% of playbook, and there would be no 'not a December team.' Miami would have had #2 seed, minimum, and won the 1st playoff game. Yes, Miami needs to get meany and, yes, TT has his limitations. But there were a lot of QBs in the playoffs who weren't scramblers and didn't have Miami's weapons.
I certainly agree that we would have been the second seed without those injuries. I don't want to be a team that only wins because their at home, be built to play in any weather, were not that far off. We'd still be going to Baltimore for the AFC Championship, be built for it! Until something significant happens the road to the SuperBowl will be through Baltimore, KC and potentially Cinci and Buffalo...build the team to play on the road to win, same style of team wins at home as well!

nowhere in your list did i see "needing more proof that tua is as good as many think he is"???? not that any of this was really the point of my post, which was really about all the flip flopping and excuse making, which you are doing too, by leaving tua completely off your list and defending him with your other comments

I see your only constant is being RONG.
Could you give me an example of doubling down on being RONG in your next post? - LOL

Who do you think would be the best available replacement for Fangio?

I'm leaning towards Ron Rivera, although I'll probably be happy with whomever the FO selects.

I feel Ron knows his HC days are behind him, but he could certainly be an effective DC for an up-and-coming team like ours. He may even be helpful as someone who could offer our HC some information on what not to do as a HC, based on his years of experience in that position.

one more thing that bugs me. when we hired fangio, everyone was psyched about the fangio scheme, and his experience. now that he quit, all of the sudden his scheme sucks, and he had no idea what he was doing. it is just interminable with some of you people with excuse after excuse, denial after denial, change of story after change of story, and on and on, for 23 years straight!
So, you were glad we got him? - LOL

All pretty valid to an extent.

1. Yeah had a reputation for coming in and creating a top 5 defense just about everywhere he went. So expectations were high however the reality was they still finished 22nd overall. Epic meltdown in Tennessee, players getting hurt in garbage time (we can add this to the McDaniel sucks as well but I’d like to believe both have some say about who’s in the game at certain times on defense), the constant refusal to switch it up especially with guys like Kader and Apple getting burnt like a drum and the overall refusal to blitz sometimes (see titans game). Suck is extreme however to say he was anything other than a disappointment is just wrong.

2. Which oline are we talking about here? We had 13 different combinations to choose from. They played one time together and the results were pretty good ( give you a hint which game all 5 scored, the first number in the two digit amount of what they scored is 7). Other than that it was a constant patchwork job that wasn’t very good. They finished 31st in pass block win rate. Probably qualifies for the term sucking if there is any team that qualifies for it. With that said once you’re down to olinemen 8-10 on your depth chart this are expected to get rough. What the oline coach did with them was fantastic as at many times they were serviceable for who they were able to field. Here’s a table of what games what starter played and you can come up with your own theory however what sticks out to me is Connor Williams was the most important part of that line and when he wasn’t there, they line suffered the most.
View attachment 159390

3. McDaniel doesn’t suck however you are absolutely nuts if you are not looking at him as one of the most at fault people for the collapse. Whether weak minded team, , not being prepared for certain games,offensive playcalling issues or constant bad decisions all things that fall on the head coach. I will say I’d like him to give up playcalling. He’s great at scheming even pre planning drives. Even the toughest games we came out and offense looked solid first 2-3 drives then defenses start to adapt and he doesn’t. Maybe he’s not experienced enough or maybe it’s that he doesn’t have the time to adapt as he can’t really sit down inbetween series and say okay this didn’t work because of this let’s try this and I’m going to run these certain plays in these certain situations on this upcoming drive. Instead it’s the same originally planned stuff either spammed until it works or it’s a disaster. This also leads to him winging it with play calls which leads to the worst delay of games. This doesn’t help the offense and the constant motion combined with the late play calls doesn’t let Tua read the defense and adjust protection. The abandoning the run is an issue along with the constant decision making the 2nd and inches and the called backwards pass 4 yards or hind the LoS then an illegal formation on 3rd leading to 3rd and 5 which lead to a int vs the chiefs is maybe the most frustrating. To top it off if you saw warners review, the int play itself is incredibly dumb as Tua does have waddle wide open however smythe is running a route that stops in the direct path of where the ball was supposed to go leading Tua needing to throw it just over the defender on smythe 7 yards down field but just in between the safety 20 yards down field. This is a throw Tua has made all year however in -25 degree weather and swirling winds it’s just not a position we should of been in. The constant short yardage issues and trying to pass is super annoying as well. Think I read Mostert was 7/8 on 3rd and 4th and 1’s yet we had so many more chances that we tried to pass unsuccessfully with stupid **** like fades. Again fantastic job of scheming up a system however as a playcaller I’m just not seeing it. I didn’t see much improvement heel might of even been a step back from year 1 to year 2 in playcalling and not sure I want to see a year 3. With that said as a coach overall back to back playoff appearances for the first time in 22 years is great and while the season ended the way it did, Rome wasn’t built in a day and he deserves a few more years.

4. Suck? No. Overhyped. Yes. Mostert/waddle/achane/Hill without a doubt some of the best weapons in the league the issue is again same as the oline. When did this group actually play together? Waddle banged up beginning of the season then he got healthy but achane went out for 8 games then Hill got hurt followed by waddle getting hurt followed by Mostert getting hurt. They all played in the playoffs but we are talking about high ankle sprains for speedsters. Vs the chiefs I’m not sure we had enough healthy parts between the 4 of them to make one weapon. When you have an offense built on speed and that speed either isn’t lined up on the field or is playing at 60% combined with a patchwork oline and you can see how it’s an issue. We probably don’t have the luxury with not having a lot of picks but I’d love an athletic tight end for Tua to fall back on. Another issue with McDaniel playcalling was nothing in the 4-10 yard range and I think a good tight end can fix this. Smythe was serviceable but seeing all these young athletic tight ends like buffalo has, could really help the offense when the medium to long game just isn’t there.

That's telling him!
Do you think he will be able to read and comprehend this post?
I'm not so sure. - LOL

Back
Top Bottom