"frankenstorm" could force dolphins/jets game to be postponed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"frankenstorm" could force dolphins/jets game to be postponed

Frankenstorm? These guys are freaking out this much over a CAT 2?

yeah, they're flipping out up there; don't know the exact details but apparently this is like a once in a lifetime "Perfect Storm" where a bunch of barometric elements are unusually combining to wreak havoc. Unlike Florida, their construction is not zoned to withstand some Cat1's not to mention Cat2's which this may refuel into. Have a very good friend on LongIsland; she's scared ****less and tells me they're saying if it strikes there, the projection is that they may be without electricity for 7-10 days.

Just like the cosmic power of Karma with Reggie and Mevi$, when it comes to weather, don't **** with nature.

yeah, they're flipping out up there; don't know the exact details but apparently this is like a once in a lifetime "Perfect Storm" where a bunch of barometric elements are unusually combining to wreak havoc. Unlike Florida, their construction is not zoned to withstand some Cat1's not to mention Cat2's which this may refuel into. Have a very good friend on LongIsland; she's scared ****less and tells me they're saying if it strikes there, the projection is that they may be without electricity for 7-10 days.

Just like the cosmic power of Karma with Reggie and Mevi$, when it comes to weather, don't **** with nature.
True. It was probably a bad joke on my part (and really not much of one at that).

Canceling the game is the only saving grace for the Jests

I can't see the weather conditions being bad enough to stop this game by Sunday Afternoon if it was Mondy it could be different.

Yeah this is supposed to be bad up here. When it makes landfall in the northeast, we are supposed to also be hit with a storm system from the west. I don't know the correct meteorologist terms, but basically they're saying its hurricane force winds, flooding, heavy rain, and heavy snow

This storm could be bad. Not only is the hurricane coming in, but the north could also be getting a cold front coming down from Canada as well as some stuff from the west. If it does all come together though, it won't be until Late Sunday, early Monday morning. The guys could probably already be in the air before it hits.

Don't worry, Dennis Quaid and Jake Gyllenhall will save us.

Last edited by a moderator:

It's not the winds bro it is the fact that this is a Cat 1 hurricane mixed with a Nor'easter. It is a hybrid storm like the storm from the movie only it is going to occur potentially over New Jersey /NYC and the surrounding areas. The rain fall potential has been forecast in the 8 to 10" range and to put that into perspective if we get snowfall instead of rain fall, that would amount to 80" of snow Lol. New York isn't equipped to handle 8" of rain, it would flood, upstate New York isn't equipped to handle snowfall amounts upward of 3', Watertown got hit three years ago with lake affect and the remains of a Nor'easter and ended up with 146" of snow in two weeks, it took a month to dig out.

It would be one gigantic mess if this storm ends up hitting as forecasted anyway you slice it New York is dealing with 60 to 80mph winds, 8 to 10 inches or rain or 6 feet of snow lol. We're ****ed if it hits as forecasted.

Can they cancel NFL games? How would a postponement work? Would they be able to move it to some 'neutral' college field or something?

Sandy isn't supposed to directly hit nyc metro area until Tuesday. the miami/jets game will almost definitely be played on time.
Irene, from last year dropped 8" on the metro area. I think there may have been increasing lunar effects during the rainfall. The Hudson basically reached its levy height and only crossed in very few isolated areas.
i'm going up on my roof to make sure all gutters are clear. wish us luck.

Sanchez will struggle if there is any significant wind. Weather may be a big factor not only for the game, but the excuses we will endure from a certain foe to the north. :chuckle:

Back
Top Bottom