"frankenstorm" could force dolphins/jets game to be postponed | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"frankenstorm" could force dolphins/jets game to be postponed

Plus the current path has it hitting, then turning and basically staying over the whole area for a bit. Insane. The one thing I have no doubt about is the amount of rain we're about to get, even if the wind doesn't live up to the hype (I think it will this time).
i dont think the rain will be so bad ( i mean 3-6 inches is a lot but nothing we have never seen before from any big rain storm). its the wind that i am worried about, because although the winds will prob be sustained at only 50-60 mph, if that is the case for a prolonged amount of time, and then add in 80 plus mph gusts, that easily will knock out power.

the path the storm is taking as of now, we are on the northern edge of the landfall, which means wind is our main problem. if somehow this storm were to make landfall over NYC, we would get much more rain, but winds would be a lot less, which would be the best case scenario. either way though we are deff getting something big.

last i saw, it was supposed to hit us (PA) late monday -tuesday. Wind may be a factor, but i dont see this game being postponed

The storms winds stretch 600-1000 miles From NE down through VA ... It's a monster!!! when it makes land fall it will affect cities to Western PA .... I just sand bagged my garage and crawl space entries, around my home, hoping to hold off any water that floods my property. With my neck being held together by chicken wire you can imagine how hard it was to batten down the hatches of my home. My arms are numb and have no feeling in my fingers. I hope it was worth the effort. I'm nervous for the 1st time in my life!!! I'm not sure if I'll have power to see the game today and am unsure of when I'll be able to get any out side news other than the local radio stations, I might be able to get during this ordeal. Hope all of us Dolfan's have some thing to cheer about? Good Luck to all !!!!

The storms winds stretch 600-1000 miles From NE down through VA ... It's a monster!!! when it makes land fall it will affect cities to Western PA .... I just sand bagged my garage and crawl space entries, around my home, hoping to hold off any water that floods my property. With my neck being held together by chicken wire you can imagine how hard it was to batten down the hatches of my home. My arms are numb and have no feeling in my fingers. I hope it was worth the effort. I'm nervous for the 1st time in my life!!! I'm not sure if I'll have power to see the game today and am unsure of when I'll be able to get any out side news other than the local radio stations, I might be able to get during this ordeal. Hope all of us Dolfan's have some thing to cheer about? Good Luck to all !!!!
well first off man, the most important thing is that you and your family are safe. so be safe and youll get through just fine. you are not alone, there are tons of finheaven members including myself with the same worries. new yorkers are strong, we can get through anything.

as for the game today, you should be fine. it will just be rain and minor wind for the duration of the day today, like any typical rainy day. luckily the storm is not hitting with the most force until monday- monday night, and into tuesday. we can hope somehow its not as strong as they say it will be.

Back
Top Bottom