Free Agency Day 1 | Page 53 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free Agency Day 1

Doesn't it seem like NE gets more comp picks than any other team by a large margin.... its like looking at their Fumble per snap stats compared to rest of the league. Its fishy

So let's look at JuJu's last 3 years. In 2018 he had an awesome year. over 1400 yards. Now the Steelers had a healthy Ben, and Antonio Brown was considered the best WR in football. AB was getting double and triples team all the time. This allowed JuJu to run basically one on one and he thrived, Then in 2019 Brown left and he was considered the #1 and he was the one that was doubled teamed, and then Ben went down with a season ending injury. Of course his production was going to take a nose dive. This past year he got Ben back, but the Steelers had 2 other receivers that also are very good, and JuJu still put up 831 yards and lead the team in TDs with 9. Are you guys telling me if we sign him, and let's say draft Chase, you wouldn't be happy with 800 yards and 9 tds from him? Oh by the way, Chris Godwin who many on this board wanted badly in FA, put up 840 yards and 7 tds this year. Just saying JuJu might not be a bad signing. If you have 3 WR that can flat out catch the ball then 800/9 is pretty damn good numbers.

They have a much better shot at not doing that than Miami does.
I'm not buying that at all. IMO the Dolphins will have a younger more talented team by the start of the season. With all the hate Tua gets and the doubt surrounding him, I believe in 2021 he will be a much better QB than a washed up Cam Newton.

A lot of factors that go into players hitting free agency. It’s not always that a player isn’t a high caliber player. Free agency is a gamble, just like the draft is. The issue is if your handing out big long term deals and they don’t work out it blows up in your face and you can’t cut bait as easily as you can if a bad draft pick doesn’t work out. Look at Ogbah and Lawson last year, similar players in terms of age and production one worked out great and one didn’t, we structured the contract in a way that allowed us to move on easily. Those are the deals I was hopeful we’d be aggressive with and so far we really only got Adam Butler as a player who fits a similar profile.
Well, predominately here it sounds like people are upset we haven't spent every penny of our cap space and leveraged current contracts to the get the players available, whom I will say, are all #2's AT BEST. All I'm saying is this year is not exactly loaded with quintessential talent. FA in general and especially this year for this team is about shoring the lines.

Seems like a lot, a lot, a lot of people here are chicken littling the **** out of this season 3 days into FA.

I think Van Noy, Karras and Shaq Lawson are at least reasonable losses. I guess Adam Butler and Bernardrick McKinney make up for those. And our division got significantly better so far. Your right the draft can definitely change everything, but draft is always a bit of a gamble.
I like the Malcom Brown addition as well. I think he'll help give Miami those short yardage wins.

My biggest concern is potentially starting the season with a rookie center. But we're still early in free agency.

Yep and we chose to move Van Noy and Lawson. We didn't really sound all that interested in addressing the edge this free agency yet we still decided to move both of them. That means we like what we currently have or we definitely have our eyes on some edge rushers in the draft.

As for Karras, I'm not sure if we wanted him back or not but I do believe they definitely planned on addressing center in free agency according to the rumors so far.
The DE position baffles the hell out of me with Flores and Grier. IMO it is the most important position in football, yet we keep pushing the buck. It really needs to be addressed, fast. Unfortunately there wasn't much available here in FA especially for us. Gotta, gotta be addressed in this draft. 2a or 1b.

If we prioritize WR and RB early then I wouldn't mind doubling up on the edge with a 2nd and a 3rd.

Doesn't it seem like NE gets more comp picks than any other team by a large margin.... its like looking at their Fumble per snap stats compared to rest of the league. Its fishy
It all has to do with how you play the free agent market, producing players that other teams are interested in and knowing when you're ready to let an established player move on. The Patriots have a history of not spending a ton in free agency, picking and chosing when they make a big splash. Also, because they were winning teams always have intrest in adding rotational players from winning programs. To put thish season in perspective, I think I read the Patriots are fast approaching the point where they can say they've spent more on free agents this season than the past 10 seasons combined.

Can I just remind folks on here who are losing it that we are 6 months away from the start of the 2021 season and we are 3 days into FA and we've got 4 picks in top 50 in the draft still to come. No need at all to be in panic mode. We'll get the players we need in due course. Relax, maybe go for a massage or something, I've heard of a guy from Texas that can hook you up :p

Everyone told me how "genius" it was to cut bait for KVN because of the spending spree that was about to ensue.

It was stupid to sign him to that contract and even more stupid to jumo ship early once the investment was already made.

This is infuriating me.

Everyone told me how "genius" it was to cut bait for KVN because of the spending spree that was about to ensue.

It was stupid to sign him to that contract and even more stupid to jumo ship early once the investment was already made.

This is infuriating me.
The same genius Patriots that gave Miami a 6th round pick for Isaiah Ford last season and by the end of the year Miami had the Patriots pick and Ford back.

This is infuriating me.
I get the pick, but honestly KVN was garbage. The pick smells fishy at the least as well and jack sh*t we can do about that. Let em have Van Noy, he's trash.

Oh so you like paying a guy who’s been in the league years now and has played in like 1 full season. Guy gets a cold and misses 3 games. Your true fan and losing must look good on you
He's started 20 of his last 22 games.

That is better durability then Golladay who you were probably about to say we should go break the bank for.

I do look good, thanks bro.

Back
Top Bottom