Frerotte VS. Fiedler | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Frerotte VS. Fiedler

Since we don't get many Vikings games here (O-town,) what are Gus Ferrotte's stats, Exactly how good were his stats when he replaced Daunte Culpepper?

BTW I like the chance Saban has given Brock Berlin....Have seen a lot of his games w/Miami ...he's steady and makes few mistakes....

Dolfndav34 said:
Why are we still talking about Fielder ? Let it go folks :shakeno:
That ERA is over, why keep bringing it up ? Lets take a deep breathe and know we have finally moved on.:eek:
Because watching Feeley makes me wish for the Fiedler of 2003 when prior to breaking his thumb he had the offense averaging 27+ PPG through 6 or 7 games before the injury in the Denver game. Thats how damn sad Aj is!

Sorry if I have less than zero faith in Aj as a starting qb; wouldnt want to upset the Aj apologists out there :fire:

Fran2fin said:
Since we don't get many Vikings games here (O-town,) what are Gus Ferrotte's stats, Exactly how good were his stats when he replaced Daunte Culpepper?

BTW I like the chance Saban has given Brock Berlin....Have seen a lot of his games w/Miami ...he's steady and makes few mistakes....
He had a 100+ rating through 3 or 4 games as Culpepper's sub in 2003 when he actually got some time. 7-2 Td/Int ratio

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?statsId=2869

The offensive system we ran last year, guided by a currently out of work coordinator and a joke of a head coach, would've made Dan Marino look like Sage Rosenfels. Combine that with WR's not adjusting to the blitz and the lack of ability to audible and you really take the chess game out of football. You can even further it by asking yourself "when it's necessary to take the pressure off of AJ who could he hand the ball off to?" If your answer is sammy morris or wes welcker than you realize this kid needs another chance to prove himself.

Also, when turnstyle smith or swiss cheese mackintosh are your starting left tackles, and you can hear the re-occuring footsteps of DE's on every down, that high pressure situation would make even Tom Brady's decision making on point with Chris Rix's.

Not to mention he did improve a lot during the course of the year where many other players would crumble under the intense media/fan heat and just give up on the season.

He has good leadership skills and heart too.

I think some of you are overrating Gus. He hasn't proven anything in this league except his ability to move from team to team.

sn9ke.eyes said:
I think some of you are overrating Gus. He hasn't proven anything in this league except his ability to move from team to team.
Ya but I trust him not to throw when hes being sacked in the final 2 minutes of a game unlike Aj. I also know he can read LB coverages unlike AJ. Things like that alone make him more qualified than Squealy.

I don't get some of you. What is it about Frerotte that makes you think he is so much better?

Is it his career 76.1 QB rating? Is it his career 54.6 compl. % is it his amazing 77/66 TD INT ratio? What is it?

Oh that's right. We wanna look at 2003 when he started ONLY 2 GAMES. Where he completed 38 of 65 passes for 7 td's and 2 INT'S throwing to RANDY Moss. And in that AMAZING STRETCH of 2 GAMES, HE had a QB rating of 118.1

Let's see how he did as a starter in a prolonged stretch shall we.

1995- Started 11 of 16 games. 199/396 50.3 %. 13/13 TD/INT. Rating of 70.2
1996- 16 games..... 270/470 57.4% 12 TD/11INT Rating 79.3
1997- 13 games 204/402 50.2% 17TD/12INT Rating of 73.8

Other then that we wanna focus on a 2 game stretch in 2003 when he was throwing to the same WR that made Jeff George look like a hall of famer.

You know what, looking at it now I truly understand why some of you want Frerotte. Peyton Manning eat your heart out!!

Canadianfishfan said:
Does anyone else have more confidence in Frerotte as a back up than Fiedler? I also believe its GF that will take over the helm at some point this seaon... For that we might be surprised if he played like he did filling in for Culpepper last year.

YES I DO

Boik14 said:
Ya but I trust him not to throw when hes being sacked in the final 2 minutes of a game unlike Aj. I also know he can read LB coverages unlike AJ. Things like that alone make him more qualified than Squealy.

I see what you are saying here Boik. Feeley did make alot of those mistakes.

But putting it in persepective he didn't do a single one of those in his last 3 games last year. Last 2 games he didn't have an INT. Rather then throwing those INT's or forcing it he elected to take the sacks.

I am not proclaiming him to be great. All I am saying is that if we are gonna condemn him for his awful 6 or 7 games last year we have to acknowledge his performance in those last couple games where he appearantly got better and didn't make those mistakes.

Plus, I guarantee you Feeley won't be slamming his head into a wall anytime soon :roflmao:

Boik14 said:

How do you know this things ? If he was such a top flight QB, why weren't other teams clamoring for him this off season when he was available ? What happened in his stints at Washington, Denver, Cincinnati ?

I trust AJ not to send himself to the hospital by head butting a wall. Can't say the same for Gus. :D

Pathetic how many AJ haters there are. How about this, let this season play out before you butcher a guy that was on the ground after every play last year. I love how the AJ haters are screaming to put in gus before training camp even starts.

Here is a news flash for all you real dolphin fans.....WE WANT (or should be rooting for) AJ TO BE SUCCESSFUL AND TO BE OUR STARTER THIS YEAR.

Here is why,
He is our youngest QB with the most potential.
There is nobody on this team after him to take the reigns after he leaves that is better than a good backup.
We dont want to waste a high draft pick on a QB next year if we don't have to.
We already spent a 2nd rounder on him.

I'm not saying we should start him b/c of the trade, or give him more time b/c ferrote knows the system. But to say start gus or feeley sucks now is pathetic attitude for a dolphin fan when there is so much to be optimistic about. Give him a chance and stop the AJ sucks posts.

Gus Frerotte knows the system that Scott Linehan is running. AJ Feeley is going to have to learn a whole new system when I honestly I never felt that he had learned the system last year. Then again, maybe that's a good thing. I don't see why some people feel that AJ Feeley is already the starting quarterback for this team. It's going to be an open competition, Saban has already stated that. The best man for the job will win the starting job, it's as simple as that. Frerotte already has a critical advantage of: 1.) Knowing Linehan's system and 2.) Much more experience than AJ. So in my mind, AJ is going to have to play INCREDIBLE and really prove himself if he's going to win the starting job. And in my mind... I'm not feeling so optimistic about that. But if Feeley's going to win the job he's going to have to earn it and not have it given to him... If he earns it, he deserves to be the starter.

Im under the impression tha AJ is the starter. That being said.. Im much happier with our QB situation... than say another other AFC east team? Losman please.. then who? Holcomb?! After Pennigton who have they got? After Brady there is who?
As far as we're concerned, our QB saituation a relatively at the same level...

I'm not a Feeley supporter what so ever, but I do think that he should get another chance to show what he's got this year. If he gets beat out in camp that is that. But if he does earn the chance to start we should give him that chance. We really dont know what the kid can do with an O-Line and a RB. Not to mention the new system. I think he may be alright next year. Hopefully we can use the weapons that we do have which is our recievers.

The only really deep pass that I did see him throw last year was at the end of the game when he threw a 20 yards duck strait in the air and I thought Fiedler was out there. Some things he has going for him is, he has gotten to know the recievers. He has gotten the playbook much earlier than last year. He is going to get an improved line (hopefully), a much better RB, Much better offensive system, and doesnt have the pressure of Dave breathing down his neck. We'll give him a shot this year, if he turns out to be horrible, then us and San Fran can fight out for the #1 pick again next year.

Canadianfishfan said:
Does anyone else have more confidence in Frerotte as a back up than Fiedler? I also believe its GF that will take over the helm at some point this seaon... For that we might be surprised if he played like he did filling in for Culpepper last year.

Frerotte won't be the back-up. He'll be the starter...mark my words Feeley sucks too damn bad!

Back
Top Bottom