Frerotte VS. Fiedler | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Frerotte VS. Fiedler

TARHEEL38 said:
It's not that he has put up Marino type numbers. It is that compared to AJ, the numbers above are pro-bowl numbers. No one is suggesting Gus is the future, it's just why waste time on someone who is worse. AJ is not gonna turn overnight into something he's not. AJ is not now nor will he ever be more than a servicable backup. Deal with it. My God this isn't brain surgery.
According to your logic, why not put in Berlin. At least he has more time to learn. There is at least more of an unknown with him. With AJ we know what we have. Why waste more time on him??:shakeno: :shakeno:

I find your point about AJ not turning into something overnight.

I find it funny, because with a good line and a running game he ran a darn good offense in Philly when he played for a longer span then Gus did in Minny.

Interesting how without a line Fiedler, Griese, Lucas and Feeley all looked bad. Griese was a pro bowler and he seemed to get back to form last year. Lucas led the jets to the Playoffs and Feeley came in at a crucial time to help the Eagles still make the Playoffs.

So in your theory, yes overnight he did turn into something he wasn't. A Bad QB. Horrible line equals bad QB.

The part I find the funniest is that you don't apply it to Gus. I JUST PUT HIS STATS RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF YOU. Did you not notice that he all of a sudden put up PRO BOWL NUMBERS THROWING TO MOSS FOR JUST 2 GAMES.

Would tend to put your theory to shame. The problem is that you have a valid point but you are not presenting it right because you very much contradicted yourself.

Like you said, this isn't brain surgery. What I saw is that a QB who had Randy Moss all of a sudden looked good when the rest of his career he was less then average. A Randy MOss that made many other horrible QB'S look like pro bowlers.

What I also noticed is that Feeley got better the last few games WHEN THE LINE GOT BETTER.

By the way, WE DON'T HAVE RANDY MOSS ON OUR TEAM

Gitrdone said:
From the stories I have heard around here and from other sites about what Feeley had to put up with last year. Mainly the fact the old offense wouldn't audiable, once they called a play it stayed the same. The WR's wouldn't even change routes to help for the blitz.

I feel giving Feeley the chance to call plays when he sees the blitz could help a ton. Things should be better, if Feeley goes down or can't cut the mustard, I have faith in Gus.

I still think Feeley can handle it.

This sounds just like the Rob Johnson lovers on the Bills board years back, and the Bleadsoe lovers on the Pats board before Brady. "It's not (insert name)'s fault, the offensive coordinator makes him look this bad." Sorry, but Feely sucks. It's one thing to not have guys open, or being constantly rushed, but to throw as many int's for touchdowns as Feely last year is just embarassing.

WingEater said:
This sounds just like the Rob Johnson lovers on the Bills board years back, and the Bleadsoe lovers on the Pats board before Brady. "It's not (insert name)'s fault, the offensive coordinator makes him look this bad." Sorry, but Feely sucks. It's one thing to not have guys open, or being constantly rushed, but to throw as many int's for touchdowns as Feely last year is just embarassing.
its feeley first of all, and second I dont care if your mcnabb or brady in that botched up team we had last year they would have done the same thing :mad:

TARHEEL38 said:
The exact same thing could be said about Berlin. Lets give him 2- 3 years to see what he can do. AJ is horrible. Gus is our opening day starter.
OK, let me get this straight. You say to give Berlin 2-3 years to show his stuff, yet say Feeley is terrible after one season of being set up to fail?:shakeno:

Dolphan_B said:
Both Fiedler and Frerotte were and are better options than AJ.

Between Fiedler and Frerotte, Gus is the better option to run the deep game Linehan is bringing in. Jay is a better WCO QB

If Gus has half a shot during pre-season, he will easily be the starter come opening day.

Miami will be choosing its QB of the future in next year's draft...

Intelligent and well thought out responses only, please.

PHINPHOURLIFE said:
its feeley first of all, and second I dont care if your mcnabb or brady in that botched up team we had last year they would have done the same thing :mad:

I have been posting similar comments for months. I have also challenged these Feeley haters to give me the name of any starting QB in the league who could have succeeded in this offense last season. Of course, I am looking for realistic responses.

WingEater said:

First of all I am not a Feeley Lover, I just feel he deserves a chance with better surroundings. What we had last year was a joke, no audiables? No breaking off routes when there is a blitz? I mean the QB is forced to make a play with his arm. He has to throw it into coverage just to move the chains.

Things should change this year, we will be able to find out if Feeley has what it takes, or if he doesn't. It would be unfair to base that he doesn't on what went on last year here.

You guys that want Frerotte to start better be careful what you wish for. Frerotte is terrible. I dont care if he had 4 good games subbing for Culpepper. His career is terrible, he's been a journeyman backup with a few bright spots. If he starts 16 games for us we are picking number one overall guaranteed. He's terrible you people have never seen him play. I lived in VA and saw him play back when he was with the Skins everyweek for years. He stinks.
Fielder and Feeley are better than Frerotte. I cant stand Fielder but he won a lot of games, something Frerotte has never done.

painnotpleasure said:
Gus Frerotte knows the system that Scott Linehan is running. AJ Feeley is going to have to learn a whole new system when I honestly I never felt that he had learned the system last year. Then again, maybe that's a good thing. I don't see why some people feel that AJ Feeley is already the starting quarterback for this team. It's going to be an open competition, Saban has already stated that. The best man for the job will win the starting job, it's as simple as that. Frerotte already has a critical advantage of: 1.) Knowing Linehan's system and 2.) Much more experience than AJ. So in my mind, AJ is going to have to play INCREDIBLE and really prove himself if he's going to win the starting job. And in my mind... I'm not feeling so optimistic about that. But if Feeley's going to win the job he's going to have to earn it and not have it given to him... If he earns it, he deserves to be the starter.

Ditto.

finfansince72 said:
You guys that want Frerotte to start better be careful what you wish for. Frerotte is terrible. I dont care if he had 4 good games subbing for Culpepper. His career is terrible, he's been a journeyman backup with a few bright spots. If he starts 16 games for us we are picking number one overall guaranteed. He's terrible you people have never seen him play. I lived in VA and saw him play back when he was with the Skins everyweek for years. He stinks.
Fielder and Feeley are better than Frerotte. I cant stand Fielder but he won a lot of games, something Frerotte has never done.
I personally don't know who's better Frerotte or Feeley. But if you think Frerotte is a below average QB with some bright spots and nothing more, wouldn't that mean that we are even worse off with Feeley if Gus wins the starting job?? :confused:

I want it to be a FAIR competition and for the best man to win, I'm not set on either of the guys and HELL I'm really having doubts if either one of them are the man for the job. I don't understand why some people are automatically assuming Feeley is the starter... I mean the way I look at it he's going to have to look extremely sharp during this offseason and show something exceptionally good to impress the coaches that he is the man for the job. Gus has the advantage of knowing the Linehan's system and having more experience. If Feeley can't beat out Gus Frerotte for the starting job... it means two things 1.)AJ isn't the answer... and 2.) QB will definitely be our biggest priority come next season.

Gitrdone said:
From the stories I have heard around here and from other sites about what Feeley had to put up with last year. Mainly the fact the old offense wouldn't audiable, once they called a play it stayed the same. The WR's wouldn't even change routes to help for the blitz.

I feel giving Feeley the chance to call plays when he sees the blitz could help a ton. Things should be better, if Feeley goes down or can't cut the mustard, I have faith in Gus.

I still think Feeley can handle it.

The reason he wasnt giving the option to audiable was b/c he could not grasp the offense. It will be no difference this year except Saban will not put up with it and he will end up holding a clip board. Gus will start opening day and if he goes down we will be in a world of hurt this year.
Do you really think a NFL coach would not give his starting QB a set of audiables if he showed he could handle it??:shakeno:
AJ is not starting material at the NFL level. Nor at the college level for that matter. Just set back and enjoy the building process this year. We will get better one step at a time. Next year we will get a QB.

Dolphan_B said:
Both Fiedler and Frerotte were and are better options than AJ.

Between Fiedler and Frerotte, Gus is the better option to run the deep game Linehan is bringing in. Jay is a better WCO QB

If Gus has half a shot during pre-season, he will easily be the starter come opening day.

Miami will be choosing its QB of the future in next year's draft...
^^^^^True story

jlfin said:
I have been posting similar comments for months. I have also challenged these Feeley haters to give me the name of any starting QB in the league who could have succeeded in this offense last season. Of course, I am looking for realistic responses.

No, your not looking for realistic responses, your hoping for no responses. The same could be said in reverse. Name one starter OR BACKup, that could have looked worse. Hell, you can add any HS QB for that matter. It works both ways there hero. :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom