Frerotte VS. Fiedler | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Frerotte VS. Fiedler

TARHEEL38 said:
The exact same thing could be said about Berlin. Lets give him 2- 3 years to see what he can do. AJ is horrible. Gus is our opening day starter.

Gus might end up being our starter but it's not how you start, but how you finish! I can see AJ being our starter once he understands the new offense & when our OL is is sync w/ each other & end the season as the starter.

you have to ask yourself, "how long has AJ been in the league compared to others before him?"

AJ 4th yr: http://www.nflplayers.com/players_network/players_network.aspx?strSection=stats&ID=30211

Gus 11th: http://www.nflplayers.com/players_network/players_network.aspx?strSection=stats&ID=30211

JF 9th: http://www.nflplayers.com/players_network/players_network.aspx?strSection=stats&ID=30211

Brian 7th: http://www.nflplayers.com/players_network/players_network.aspx?strSection=stats&ID=26012

Its obvious that AJ is less experienced than other QBs before him. All these QBs had time to develop for better or worst, they all atleast had a chance at one point in time. now its AJ's chance, atleast give the guy the benefit of the doubt before some of you cruxify him.

Bree's took 4 yrs to develop where he is now. do we really want to be like SD if AJ plays similar or even better than how Bree's did last yr?

i for one will root for our team & AJ to suceed this yr.

Boik14 said:
That was intelligent and well thought out. try taking off the goggles AJ gave you and maybe you'd recognize that. :shakeno:

Unlike you I actually have my eyes and my mind open. I have never endorsed or condemned the man. Some of you have based your opinions of him on the the events which took place last season. No QB in the league could have succeeded under those same conditions.
I never judge a player until they have had a realistic chance to prove themselves.

Boik14 said:
Ryan Leaf showed flashed too. So did Rick mirer and Akilli Smith. Actually all those guys had better win %'s in their starts than AJ. Ouch! :shakeno:

So did Peyton Manning and John Elway and David Carr and Michael Vick and Donovan McNabb etc.
I don't see your point. Very few QB's (Marion being the exception) struggled to some extent, their first year as starters.

TARHEEL38 said:
No, your not looking for realistic responses, your hoping for no responses. The same could be said in reverse. Name one starter OR BACKup, that could have looked worse. Hell, you can add any HS QB for that matter. It works both ways there hero. :shakeno:

I'm not hoping. I know there are no realistic responses because NO QB in the history of this league could have had success in this offense last season. I will name you QB's. Griese, McNabb, Harrington, Carr, Brady (like he did against the phins when he was pressured), both Mannings, Roethlisberger, Delhomme, Warner etc. etc.
Did you actually follow the turn events last year beginning from RW's retirement to the inability to establish a true OC and the poor play of the o-line and the injury to Boston?

jlfin said:
I'm not hoping. I know there are no realistic responses because NO QB in the history of this league could have had success in this offense last season. I will name you QB's. Griese, McNabb, Harrington, Carr, Brady (like he did against the phins when he was pressured), both Mannings, Roethlisberger, Delhomme, Warner etc. etc.
Did you actually follow the turn events last year beginning from RW's retirement to the inability to establish a true OC and the poor play of the o-line and the injury to Boston?

Its a little silly to say that NO Qb ever couldnt have had success. Someone like Montana, Farve, Marino, etc would have won a lot more than 4 games. Now someone young and inexperienced like Feeley, Carr, etc would naturally get eaten alive.
Its not that Feeley didnt play great or win a ton of games that has me worried, its that he looked just hopeless. Ive never seen a Qb make such dramatic game altering mistakes in my life. They were always at the worst time and the other team always scored on the possesions. Surely a better supporting cast would have helped but he should have shown SOMETHING last year. He looked like Ryan Leaf. Thats hopeless to me.

Everything has to be put into perspective. We were in turmoil and lost our whole offensive scheme (run ricky). The line was a shambles, no running game, no offense (Chris Foerster doesn't know his a$$ from his elbow), no hot reads, no audible, and the refusal to name a starter, allow him to play with the first team or adjust the offensive system to one that he was comfortable with.

I think AJ needs a fair shot. I think just by implementing a more familiar system and allowing for hot reads there should be a difference. He showed the toughness and the arm strength. He just needs to show the decision making and knowledge. He may amount to nothing but a bust but lets at least give him a fair chance. You can not judge based on last year.

:shakeno:

Fiedler still haunts this team here.

Fiedler is gone and all of you should be happy about it.

He didn't get one single bite from any NFL team to even get a shot at a starting job. Dosen't that tell you all you need to know?

Fiedler was the beneficiary of a bad personnel guy (and a bad coach) Wanny. Not only was Wanny a horrible judge of talent but he openly downplayed the role of having a top QB in his super conservative run offense. Hence we had to endure Fiedler.

Fiedler leaving was one of the greatest things ever to happen to this franchise because it's allowing us to move forward in at least trying to find a QB of the future.

guido13 said:
Everything has to be put into perspective. We were in turmoil and lost our whole offensive scheme (run ricky). The line was a shambles, no running game, no offense (Chris Foerster doesn't know his a$$ from his elbow), no hot reads, no audible, and the refusal to name a starter, allow him to play with the first team or adjust the offensive system to one that he was comfortable with.

I think AJ needs a fair shot. I think just by implementing a more familiar system and allowing for hot reads there should be a difference. He showed the toughness and the arm strength. He just needs to show the decision making and knowledge. He may amount to nothing but a bust but lets at least give him a fair chance. You can not judge based on last year.
Great post, spot on IMO

guido13 said:

Perfect...nothing more to clarify this excellent post!!!!!

finfansince72 said:
Its a little silly to say that NO Qb ever couldnt have had success. Someone like Montana, Farve, Marino, etc would have won a lot more than 4 games. Now someone young and inexperienced like Feeley, Carr, etc would naturally get eaten alive.
Its not that Feeley didnt play great or win a ton of games that has me worried, its that he looked just hopeless. Ive never seen a Qb make such dramatic game altering mistakes in my life. They were always at the worst time and the other team always scored on the possesions. Surely a better supporting cast would have helped but he should have shown SOMETHING last year. He looked like Ryan Leaf. Thats hopeless to me.

I've never seen a QB sustain as many blind sided hits (from whiffed blocks) as I did last season. My whole point is that there is not enough evidence to judge the guy on. I hope he works out, but I just don't know. Too many people post definitive remarks about the guy as if they are fact. I am neither a Feely lover or a Feeley basher. Some people on this forum get very personal against the guy and sometimes it sounds like they have an axe to gring. Perhaps some are just jealous because of his girlfriend.

jlfin said:
I've never seen a QB sustain as many blind sided hits (from whiffed blocks) as I did last season. My whole point is that there is not enough evidence to judge the guy on. I hope he works out, but I just don't know. Too many people post definitive remarks about the guy as if they are fact. I am neither a Feely lover or a Feeley basher. Some people on this forum get very personal against the guy and sometimes it sounds like they have an axe to gring. Perhaps some are just jealous because of his girlfriend.

The thing that REALLY ***** my Azz is that Wanny never allowed Feeley a chance to grow in the job. We are all sitting here bashing or defending Feeley on a half season...a half season that was meaningless for all intents and purposes.

That worthless POS coach didnt give the Careys or the Feelys a chance to grow in the job and show if they could make it in this league. Basically, Wanny forced Saban to give up next year to try and make that determination.....it's just pitiful...

I refuse to set judgment on any player based on last year because I believe that Wanny and his staff destroyed the option...

Gitrdone said:
Brett Farve and Peyton showed flashes also, look how they turned out. You can twist it anyway you want to. There are facts to support both ways.

Bottom line is, give him the the chance this year since we are not going to be in the running for a SB unless he shocks us. Either way we will find out if he can handle it, or if he can't handle it. But judging him on the offense we had last year is just wrong.
Neither Favre nor Manning were nearly as bad. Like any rookie they made their mistakes but Aj isnt a rookie for cripes sake. The guy has 4 years under his belt already. If he doesnt have it by now he will never have it.

Wildbill3 said:
you bring Cryin' Ryan into this? How did he have better win %'s in his starts than AJ. Show us those numbers, while you are at it, show us Ryan's numbers from his first year as starter. :shakeno:

Go ahead, we can all point out that Ryan Leaf had 1 or 2 good games in his career as well just like AJ. read em and weep. We have a Qb comprarable to Leaf minus the whining.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/LeafRy00.htm (career)
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/games/LeafRy00.htm#1998 ('98)
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/games/LeafRy00.htm#2000 ('00)
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/games/LeafRy00.htm#2001 ('01)

Omaha_Dolfan said:
Dont you mean like Feeley and Brady. I mean hell Brady sucks those, Superbowl MVP Rings he has really are a mockery of the NFL.

Worst part is Feeley actually threw back to back TD's in that game on 3rd and 4th down, and say what you want but anyone that watched the game knows that the 3rd down pass was and should of been called a TD. Call it a duck on the 4th down pass and a great catch on DT's part or whatever you want ... point is he got it there after an emotionally draining call on the previous down.

If you didnt see Feeley improve after Bates took over as coach then you probably stopped watching the games because the Fins had a losing and embarassing season, or just simply choose to ignore it because he had some major growing pains.

Oh and for those of you out there that can at least acknowledge that a good rushing game can help your QB while a bad one can hurt hime (Not even taking into consideration how bad our OLine was)
Check out how much our leading rushers ran for last year in each game and tell me what NFL team would even consider scheming to stop our rushing attack.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teamsched?team=mia
Lets get 1 thing straight: I have a dish solely to watch the Phins. I dont even give a poop about the rest of the nfl package. I watch and tape every game whether we're winning or losing. Dont question my loyalty. Thanks.

Now thats thats out of the way:
- I already acknowledged he did not have great protection and lacked a run game; why cant the AJ lovers see he lacks brains? Why cant you see that under Bates the running game was better as well; especially once Morris took over? It wasnt spectacular but it was significantly improved with Bates there.
- All this BS about him not having hot routes in the offense...maybe they weren't there cause he couldnt grasp the original offense? Every NFL has hot routes; we have a qb that cant grasp the original offense well enough to even think about hot routes.
- The NE game was a fluke. He played well for about 3 minutes out the entire year. We're talking about a qb who couldnt even throw the ball against cleveland! Cleveland was as bad as us in case you missed that! :fire:

GRYPHONK said:
Fair enough Boik. I do see where you are coming from in your thinking.

But just remember, it was only a 2 game stretch that Frerotte put up those #'s.

You are right, Feeley hasn't shown anything. So you will take the QB who has. That's a fair analysis.

I just personally feel that a guy who has been in the league as long as Frerotte and has shown nothing his whole career minus those 2 games, I am not gonna have confidence in him.

To me Feeley has started the equivalent of a year. Now some of us look at the last few games and saw a greatly improved Feeley. But some look at even though he improved look at the Cleveland game.

It will be interesting. I want Feeley to be the starter, but if Frerotte wins the starting job I will support him. I just want the best QB to be out there starting for the team. I trust Saban will choose wisely, whether it's Feeley, Frerotte, Rosenfels, Berling or Ramsey :wink:
Wow finally someone that doesnt rip me down for believeing what I see when I said AJ bites. Thanks Gryph. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom