Fritz Pollard: Minorities Should Wait to Interview for GM Post | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fritz Pollard: Minorities Should Wait to Interview for GM Post

The Dolphins have the opportunity to hire a quality GM. Well, guess what? To get one, you're probably going to have to offer him (whoever he is) an actual GM position. Hope this is a bunch of BS.

Ross can't make a wish list of candidates and ask for interviews with the pretense, "the more you sway me, the more power I'll give you."

Who does that?

State what you're looking for and make a plan accordingly.

That clarity is gained during the interviews. Depending on the candidate, i imagine Ross is willing to negotiate how much responsibilities they have. For example, i suspect he would give Tom Gamble, his first choice, far more authority then he would necessarily give, say, Ray Farmer.

I have no doubt most of this confusion and apprehension is caused by Ireland's vindictive and petty leaks to Armando. This will blow over and, as the interviews are conducted, i suspect peoples hesitation will evaporate. Meanwhile, i seriously doubt another owner will give Ireland a chance. His lack of foresight is absolutely hilarious...and totally keeping in character.

Makes sense and I hope you're right.

That said, I'm glad the FPA put this out there. I think it will make it clear to Ross that he needs to have a good structure in place in order to get a good candidate.

Or if you are smart and your dream job is to be a NFL general manager, you could just interview and find out for yourself. Be that as it may, and how it may perturb Fins fans, the Dolphins have no responsibility toward Frtiz Pollard or any other organization when it comes to reviewing their GM plans.

Ummm...Isn't job duties/description something you find out about in the interview process?

Yes but let's tell our members to stay away and then bitch when they overlook a good minority candidate.

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD

Not very smart of them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD

Not very smart of HIM.....isn't that what an interview is all about? If after the interview you are not interested in this position you can withdraw your name....He should be promoting to have as many minorities as possible to interview, the more times they get in front of these team owners the better......sometimes I think guys like to talk just to prove their relevance

That clarity is gained during the interviews. Depending on the candidate, i imagine Ross is willing to negotiate how much responsibilities they have. For example, i suspect he would give Tom Gamble, his first choice, far more authority then he would necessarily give, say, Ray Farmer.

I have no doubt most of this confusion and apprehension is caused by Ireland's vindictive and petty leaks to Armando. This will blow over and, as the interviews are conducted, i suspect peoples hesitation will evaporate. Meanwhile, i seriously doubt another owner will give Ireland a chance. His lack of foresight is absolutely hilarious...and totally keeping in character.

Exactly Spesh,

This is an attempt Fritz-Pollard to pigeon hole Miami into giving it's guys more power before they even sit down for a negotiation.
Mando gets another "source" to push his narrative.
Once again you guys are slurping up whatever Mando says as if it is some sort of gospel.

In any normal business this type of stuff happens behind close doors(i.e. what I said in terms of a memo).
But in the apparent wide open world of Miami politics everything is getting leaked.

Clarity can be gained in the interview not the media.

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD

The Fritz Pollard Association wants nothing more than to have more minority involvement in the management in the NFL. For them to say this, it is very alarming. This association is not the media. They are a group looking for the advancement of minorities in the NFL.

This will be embarrassing to the Dolphins unless they quickly can give clarity to what they want to do.

Although I agree that minorities are not being hired enough in head coacd and esp Gm positions this is beyond ignorant to assume the dolphins want just a puppet . There is no basis for us to have to claify what a GM is.
Any minority stupid enough to wait for a clarification that is not required except in the person actually being talked about for the job is doing themselves a disservice.

This is dumb. Why would they stand in the way of these minority candidates taking the inteview. What is the harm? Why not just let these candidates do the interviews and let them decide for themselves whether they want it or not. A candidate can walk in for interview, blow them away and be offered whatever they want to get them signed.

The Fritz Pollard Association wants nothing more than to have more minority involvement in the management in the NFL. For them to say this, it is very alarming. This association is not the media. They are a group looking for the advancement of minorities in the NFL.

This will be embarrassing to the Dolphins unless they quickly can give clarity to what they want to do.

Don't see how the dolphins should have to talk to anybody about what their GM entails except the canidates. Why are we being singled out? All teams run their teams differently. There is no set term for what each GM does for an NFL team except aquire players and possibly coaches.

Fritz-Pollard is worried this is just a puppet position.

Back
Top Bottom