From an Offensive Coordinator: What I'd do with Ricky and Ronnie | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

From an Offensive Coordinator: What I'd do with Ricky and Ronnie

finfan54 said:
I tend to think its more of a 1-2 punch thing with brown and ricky with ricky being #2. This is all about business and the dolphins and ricky not losing any money and getting something out of it. If Ricky cannot play the first four games, then Ricky gets slowly worked into the rotation and sets up special plays with ronnie possibly being in the slot or H-back. You can get ricky going in the third quarter with fresh legs and all of a sudden a defense is looking at stopping ricky and then you put in Brown for a big deep pass play.
It would be great if Ronnie is better or close to skills in Ricky, but lets face it, Ricky was a pretty special player. Its almost unfair to expect Ronnie to compete with him. Ricky wasnt just a good RB, he was one of the best in the NFL.
I don't see Ronnie being better as a rookie (lots of learning) unless ricky has really fallen back from his time off. I suppose an arguement could even be made that Ricky's time off may have helped him recover from the beatings of the last two seasons too.

DreamWeaver said:
Ricky isn'y gonna be in Madden 2006.....I know one of the Project Managers at EA Sports and he told me no Ricky. He did say that we may get the "Miami Fight Song" after TD's at home though!

I can't wait for August :D

thecoordinator said:
:roflmao:

That's not far fetched, based on linehan's O, and the speed of RB with the type hands he has, especially if he's lined up in the slot..consider it.

MDFINFAN said:
That's not far fetched, based on linehan's O, and the speed of RB with the type hands he has, especially if he's lined up in the slot..consider it.
Saban himself has said that he loves Ronnies ability to do alot of things well. He thinks he can play HB, FB, and in the Slot. Ronnie will be great out of the backfield and a nice threat up the seam from the slot or from the backfield. He has the size, speed, and hands to be great there. We'd be foolish not to use him in anyway that he can help us move the ball.

Why does everyone think that Ricky, IF he comes back, can regain his pro bowl form? I mean really look at him. This is a guy who has spent the majority of a year away from football. Smoking pot and god knows what. Has he even looked at a weight room? He has lost 30 pounds of muscle and all his conditioning. Now, I haven't seen some recent pics of him, but unless he has spent the last few months training, he is nothing. I am sure he could show up in camp, but look who is ahead of him? Morris, Gordon, Kay Jay Harris. These people, although not the best backs in the game, ARE in game shape. They never quit. You can take all the talent in the world, put it into a single man, and unless he has the physical abilty, will never do anything. Can you imagine Ricky lining up at his 190 gaunt pounds against Carter or Holliday? They will mangle him. Let alone the abuse he gave his O-line the year he quit. Hell, If I was Seth Mckinney I would "trip" and let him get pulverized. And this is only for him to make the practice squad.

With a year of hard training, he MIGHt be able to get into game shape. Unless he juices up, but with his headset if chocolate is bad, what are roids gonna do to his astral body?

Admit it. His playing days are over. His drive is gone and so is his future.

Mitchy71 said:
Why does everyone think that Ricky, IF he comes back, can regain his pro bowl form? I mean really look at him. This is a guy who has spent the majority of a year away from football. Smoking pot and god knows what. Has he even looked at a weight room? He has lost 30 pounds of muscle and all his conditioning. Now, I haven't seen some recent pics of him, but unless he has spent the last few months training, he is nothing. I am sure he could show up in camp, but look who is ahead of him? Morris, Gordon, Kay Jay Harris. These people, although not the best backs in the game, ARE in game shape. They never quit. You can take all the talent in the world, put it into a single man, and unless he has the physical abilty, will never do anything. Can you imagine Ricky lining up at his 190 gaunt pounds against Carter or Holliday? They will mangle him. Let alone the abuse he gave his O-line the year he quit. Hell, If I was Seth Mckinney I would "trip" and let him get pulverized. And this is only for him to make the practice squad.

With a year of hard training, he MIGHt be able to get into game shape. Unless he juices up, but with his headset if chocolate is bad, what are roids gonna do to his astral body?

Admit it. His playing days are over. His drive is gone and so is his future.
Well, unfortunately for his family and fan base, he apparently smoked weed his entire life. In fact, rumor is he came out of the womb with a reefer in his gums. So to say he suddenly can't play ball because of his drug use is neglecting the facts of who this guy is and who he has been.
The time off isnt all that significant. He didn't leave with an injury. If nothing else he may be healthier in terms of contact wear and tear.

I think nothing is a certainty in regards to #34. He may come back and pick up right where he left off, or he could come back only to collect a paycheck.

Back
Top Bottom