FRONT PAGE POLL: Are you happy with the pick of Ryan Tannehill? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FRONT PAGE POLL: Are you happy with the pick of Ryan Tannehill?

yes.... would've been happier trading down andpicking him a few picks later if possible but apparently the trade wasn't there.

I voted "undecided". I'm not unhappy, I know that. I too would have liked to see Miami trade down and pick him up, but at least they didn't panic and trade up to get him, even with other teams trading picks all the way up to Miami's pick.

I'm glad they took a chance on a qb in the first round. And if Tannehill was the guy they wanted, then so be it. I have my doubts since they pursued Manning and Flynn. I just hoped it wasn't a desperate attempt to land a qb- any qb.

Not that I have a choice, but I'm willing to wait to see what Tannehill brings to the team. If he turns out to be a bust, so be it. I just don't want them to give in to pressure and start him too early if he's not ready.

It is hard to say with his limited experience but if Sherman wanted him, then I feel pretty good about it.

Very happy with pick......

---------- Post added at 06:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 AM ----------

And draft overall....

---------- Post added at 06:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 AM ----------

Less so with needing....

---------- Post added at 06:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 AM ----------

10 posts aarrrgghhh

I don't like him at 8 but we had no alternative. I would have made the same pick if I were the GM.

Definitely, mostly for the fact that we FINALLY took a chance and made a serious attempt to address the most important position in football. I like that we have a good transitional starter in Moore to allow Tannehill time to develop behind coaches that know the QB position (again, FINALLY!). I would probably feel differently about the pick if he were meant to (or needed to) start immediately. I can get over the fact that Moorrard won't have anybody to throw to and the fact that we took a lineman early again. None of it matters until you address the QB position, and they finally did that.

Nope.. not happy at all.. but at this point I'm in the "hoping" he turns into something good.. I see him as nothing more than a CHAD HENNE part II.... I would have been much happy if I heard the Dolphins was trying to secure the number overall pick with an offer of the next 3 first round picks and an evening with J-lo.. lets see how much of a team owner she really is...

Very happy that we finally picked a QB in the first. Tannehill played with average talent vs superior talent and put up solid numbers, however I will say that he comes with his share of warts. I will admit there are a few red flags that scare me. His decision making process in the clutch seemed to drop off, but I got news for some of you, SO DID ANDREW LUCK. Weeden and RG3 handled pressure much better than did Luck and Tannehill, if you go back and look at college tape some of the great QBs were great under pressure in college and some were not. Brees was a college legend with his come backs playing with average talent, so were Elway, Marino, and Eli Manning and Farve. But Peyton looked like a deer in the headlights every time he played the gators and never beat them. My point is Tannehill had several games in this past season where the team had a lead at half and was unable to hold the lead. And when the team needed him most he seemed to be unable to make plays under pressure. And that has to raise redflags no matter what, but with the right coaching and better preparation for games, combined with more playmakers it is possible to overcome some of his weaknesses, or at least I hope so. I love the pick since Sherman and Ireland love it, but I will not lie and say I have no worries.

Not really. In reality he was a 3rd round pick, at best. Definately a reach. Had Jones and Barkley come out, he'd be an afterthought.

Back
Top Bottom