Future QB Talk | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Future QB Talk

Like everyone, I'd love to get Manning. Either Manning :)

But, there is zero chance of that.

The reason I mentioned Navarre, is that he might be a possibility. I imagine that we will keep Fiedler or Griese one more year. Than it's on to the next guy.

Has anyone seen a draft projection for Navarre. He looks like a big strong kid with a pretty accurate arm. A bit like the Highlander :)

I don't know how much I like the idea of grooming someone so young when we have certain players not destined to be playing with us at a high level for very long.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Sage the plan for the future?...Not MY plan, but THE plan.

how about working on rosenfels and beefing up the o-line, another tight end primarily for blocking and a stud receiver that can turn a 10 yard gain to a 30 yard td (not johnson we don't need to be babysitting)

qb position is overrated we need to beef this team up offensively starting with the line

Everyone has a blindside, whether you're right-handed or left-handed.

I don't understand why you guys have such a bad offensive line....but every time the draft comes up all you talk about is getting a QB or a WR....doesn't make sense to me.

Originally posted by ajdoggie
Everyone has a blindside, whether you're right-handed or left-handed.

Wow, you're kidding?

But when you have a better right side of the offensive line, and you keep getting beat on the left side of the line......wouldn't you want a lefty so he can see that coming? I think after the Colts game BG sure wishes he was left handed.

Yea, I was kidding. But our luck would be, we get a lefty QB, and then the right side of the line would be worse off than the left side.

oh goodness. Eternal pessimist, aren't you? And I thought I was bad.

SAGE IS THE MAN!!! Go for the offensive line in the offseason. We have Sage now. He knows the system now. This team has too many veterans to wait years for a rookie to develop.

You're right. I know injuries are part of the game, every team gets them. But, I just keep thinking if Dixon and Nails are healthy and able to play, the O-line would be just fine.

I've been watching sages progress over the last several years and am convinced that all he needs is a chance to play a couple of games to prove himself. I saw him as a Redskin in preseason throw three touchdown passes against the Steelers to come from behind to win the game. He has looked good as a Dolphin in preseason( tho at times a bit of a slow starter). From some inside info I hear his accuracy and arm strenght has dramatically improved and probably has the best arm on the team. He has performed as a scout team QB recently excellently against our first team defense. The biggest obstacle is how does an relatively inexperienced QB get playing time? Since the coaching staff is very conservative, I would say its very hard. i only hope sage gets his chance and I truly believe he can be very very good.

I see no problem with the Dolphins taking a QB, but I'm thinking about a round 3 or 4 guy. Whether Eli is available when the Dolphins pick in round 1, I don't support the idea of getting him or any other QB that early. If you think I'm crazy for suggesting Eli might drop -- crazier things have happened due to injury and/or combine/workout performances.

As to the Dolphins, I just can't see going QB in round 1 because the team has to go either OL or WR. OL is a huge need, and WR is a real strength in the draft in addition to being a team need. 2004 should be about reloading, not starting over...

Guys,

Saint Greg is right... we need to shore up the o line. Then MAYBE worry about the next qb. NO rookie QB will start for us, none of the premier guys will be available when we draft (at least not this year). Build an o line first and then an average QB will play well for us. But lets face it NO qb stands much of a chance behind our CURRENT oline.

Honestly, I do not want to hear about trading up in the 1st round. At some point we have to start keeping our future draft picks. I say that time is now. If we can't trade anyone or aquire addition high picks this year (a la getting back our #2), then lets start 2005 with a full deck.

The thing about Sage, besides not getting a chance, is that he's going to be a RFA. I just can't see him re-signing here if unless he's guaranteed a chance to start. I'd love to see what he's got.

Back
Top Bottom