Future QB Talk | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Future QB Talk

The thing about RFAs is that they only have so much choice in the matter. Does anybody else want Sage? I guess we'll see next spring...

I honestly don't think Eli Manning is as good as his brother. I am calling him a bust.

He plays well against mediocre teams, but when he plays against a good team, like today (LSU), he is horrible. He completed only 43% of his passes.

The only top 3 QB we have a good shot at is Losman. Eli Manning is having a sensational year for having such a crappy team. The top overall pick does not drop like Marino did because Marino's status before the season ended was mid 1st not #1 overall like Manning.

Just let Sage do it or Jeff Smoker in the fourth. We need to draft a Micheal Clayton, Lee Evans, or Micheal Jenkins in the late first. In any normal WR draft they would be in the top 15 picks overall.

Offcourse there not and that is because of him, albeit he those have a couple more solid players this season.

Originally posted by Jaj
The only top 3 QB we have a good shot at is Losman. Eli Manning is having a sensational year for having such a crappy team. The top overall pick does not drop like Marino did because Marino's status before the season ended was mid 1st not #1 overall like Manning.

Just let Sage do it or Jeff Smoker in the fourth. We need to draft a Micheal Clayton, Lee Evans, or Micheal Jenkins in the late first. In any normal WR draft they would be in the top 15 picks overall.

Ole Miss was 8-2 until they lost to LSU(#5) today. They only lost by 3 points too (17-14). However, if Eli would have completed some of his passes (43%), they might have had a chance at winning.....

Originally posted by Jaj

Losman isn't a top 3 QB if some underclassmen declare. Manning, Roethlisberger, & Andrew Walter all rate ahead of him. We may have a chance at Walter in the first.

Navarre is a late second round prospect & may fall into the late third similar to Simms & Ragone last year.

Jason White isn't an NFL QB, plus he's going to apply for another year of eligibility because he missed the majority of two seasons with torn ACLs. He isn't very mobile anymore because of those knee injuries. He has a so so arm, decent accuracy, & he's playing behind one of the best olines in college so he has plenty of time to throw.

Walter is supposedly staying in school.

Originally posted by Jaj
Walter is supposedly staying in school.

I haven't heard or read anything saying either way & pretty much up on the draft news year round.

It would be a mistake if he didn't because then we wouldn't be able to grab him next year :D

Ya that is what I heard from nfldraftblitz.com. Good site. Definitely a good one. Jeff Smoker? Navarre? Pickett? Possible 2nd and 3rd round prospects. All fit in our offense.

Originally posted by Jaj
Ya that is what I heard from nfldraftblitz.com. Good site. Definitely a good one. Jeff Smoker? Navarre? Pickett? Possible 2nd and 3rd round prospects. All fit in our offense.

Actually I think nfldraftblitz is one of the worst one's out there. I feel that they are a collective group of incompentents from reading their information & through personal experience. For example, look at their top 10 prospects, Cody Pickett & Michael Jenkins are #8 & 10 respectively. WTF are they smoking, & they update their site pretty regularly. Also two years ago(I guess when they were just starting up) they kept post mock drafts & "official draft order" that was completely wrong. I explained to them in an email that the order was determinced by SOS & the picks then rotate after the first round for teams with the same record. No surprise they changed it the next day & didn't even say thanks.

I prefer gbnreport, tfypreview, football.com, & there was a site last year called draftbook.com where the guy combined the information on players from about 20 different sites.

I'm not too big on Navarre. He reminds me of Jay Fiedler when he throws the ball. Seems to float a bit. And he doesn't seem overly accurate.

Back
Top Bottom