Future QB Talk | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Future QB Talk

i think david greene from georgia could make a good nfl qb. he hasn't had a great season so i don't think he'll be in the first round. i don't know what year he is either.

What about Rivers from NC state? I know he has a funny throwing motion but where is he expected to go?

Originally posted by Joe M. Omma
i think david greene from georgia could make a good nfl qb. he hasn't had a great season so i don't think he'll be in the first round. i don't know what year he is either.

He's a junior & he's said a couple times that he's staying in school. Good choice for him.

What about Rivers from NC state? I know he has a funny throwing motion but where is he expected to go?

It's difficult to say. Many people(like me) & draft experts say somewhere on day 2 because that motion has to be fixed & you don't know how that'll effect his accuracy. But now Kiper has him as his #25 senior prospect.

We can't think about anything other than offensive line in the first round. No more talk about a QB. Honestly all 5 postions on the line could be replced next season if the talent was available.

As far as QBs go(I am not saying I want Miami to draft a QB or this one) I am curious about Josh Harris' draft potential. I know he has the size and and athletic ability, but I am not sure if he has the arm strength. It is hard to tell by watching the games against MACC oponets. If his arm measures up at the combine he would be my steal of the draft.

Originally posted by Muck
I'm not too big on Navarre. He reminds me of Jay Fiedler when he throws the ball. Seems to float a bit. And he doesn't seem overly accurate.

Navarre's arm is just fine, he tends to put to much arch on it on long balls, he needs to work on that, but he does a good job on out routes and he can thread it well, he really shows his arm 10 to 20 yard passes.

Mich.'s WR Edwards said that "Johns ball come in high and fast and are hard to judge sometimes". If He takes a little arch off his long ball that won't be a problem.

There are also times when the WR's slow on their routes which has been driving me crazy this year. Yesterday Edward's slowed down on a out pattern, if he would have kept running he would have still caught it in bounds with plenty of room to get both feet down not just the required one foot.
This happened on a few passes of his Saturday.

Don't tell us we need to get OL OL. Get a QB or WR. Preferrably a WR, that is prepared like Lee Evans, Mike Jenkins, or Clayton that can immediately help out.

You don't solve problems immediately with the draft except at a few positions. My solution to the OL. Have Smith buff up and get better at LT, Yates at LG, McKinney at C, sign Kevin Donalley and have him compete with a mid-rounder, Whitley and Jerman, and offcourse Tait at RT. That is relatively affordable.

Originally posted by Jaj
Don't tell us we need to get OL OL. Get a QB or WR. Preferrably a WR, that is prepared like Lee Evans, Mike Jenkins, or Clayton that can immediately help out.

You don't solve problems immediately with the draft except at a few positions. My solution to the OL. Have Smith buff up and get better at LT, Yates at LG, McKinney at C, sign Kevin Donalley and have him compete with a mid-rounder, Whitley and Jerman, and offcourse Tait at RT. That is relatively affordable.

Me likes Lee Evans.:D

At this point, I'd rather see Spiel put together a Doomsday OLine. A dominating line running w/ Ricky can win with any of our QBs. Now our WR's might be a different story. We need a stud WR.

Originally posted by Jaj

So you don't watch football? Wade Smith doesn't have the speed or talent to play LT in this league. Just about every play last night and just about every game this season there is either a LB or DE that breaks through the left side of the line at the snap. No WR will help if they don't have time to run their routes.

We could see Ruddy, Dixon, and Nails retire after this season, and Todd Wade is likely not to be resigned, so unless we pick up 3-4 lineman through free agency OL has to be the major priority in the draft.

Originally posted by Dajesus

So you don't watch football? Wade Smith doesn't have the speed or talent to play LT in this league. Just about every play last night and just about every game this season there is either a LB or DE that breaks through the left side of the line at the snap. No WR will help if they don't have time to run their routes.

We could see Ruddy, Dixon, and Nails retire after this season, and Todd Wade is likely not to be resigned, so unless we pick up 3-4 lineman through free agency OL has to be the major priority in the draft.

I agtree with Jaj..The problem with Wade Smith is not speed rush but the when he is overpower.The guy can handle speed rush but he gets overpower easily.Wade Smith has the talent to play LT just need to bulk up.Smith has the foot speed to play LT in this league easily just not quite ready to play because he lacks the strength.I think WR should be #1 priority going into the draft or interior lineman.

I don't know why you guys seem down on Cody Pickett at this point. He reminds me alot of Chad Pennington and that is not a bad thing. Pennington is lighting it up again this season.

Strengths: Has been extremely productive...Nice size and a good athlete at the quarterback position...Is a born QB and a field general...Very tough...Good touch and accuracy.

Weaknesses: Has a decent arm but not special...Tends to throw some ducks and will have the ball wobble on him...A streaky passer.

Notes: A player who has a shot to move up draft boards leading up to the draft...May be one of those guys who doesn't go in round one but ends up starting in the NFL early on in his career.

From nfldraftcountdown.com

Scott Wright

NC STATE

I WOULD TAKE PHILLIP RIVERS OVER ANY OTHER QB OUT OF COLLEGE THIS YEAR.

HE HAS OVER COMPLETED OVER 70% OF HIS PASSES THIS YEAR.

Back
Top Bottom