Gailey cost us the season. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gailey cost us the season.

Same. O'Shea had creative unpredictable designs that actually emphasized downfield. It startled me when I attended the game at Pittsburgh last season. I kept thinking wow we're scheming guys open and the plays aren't obvious beforehand.

Fitzpatrick couldn't take advantage of it because he spent too much time running around with his head down, plus the line drive tendencies. Tua this season wouldn't have taken full advantage of O 'Shea due to still not 100% physically plus the weak weapons. But fortify the receiving corps and no question I'd prefer O'Shea deciding where to send them. Browns fans rave about O'Shea and his designs.
You have to understand that if O'Sheas offense was taken heavily from the Patriots the plays aren't obvious beforehand because its actually predicated upon reading the defense at the LOS and then receivers running routes accordingly. And that's all well and good, but it's a lot harder for the QB since they have to read the route the same as the receiver. And the team explicitly thought the scheme was too complicated and knowing they were gonna draft QB didn't want to run another QB through that.

I'm not gonna sit here and act like an OC whose unit was pretty much bottom feeder most of the last two months of the season is some type of legend, but if you think firing the OC is going to be an elixir for the QB's failings you're wrong. Its hard to call plays for a QB who isn't reading the field at a starter level week in and week out. The QB throws after the receivers make their breaks, not before. The QB throws passes high over the middle when he throws them at all, which is rare because he's not comfortable throwing the ball when guys aren't Alabama open. And guys won't be Alabama open when you've got one NFL caliber receiver on your depth chart, and that's when he's even able to play on his gimpy hamstring, so you can't go downfield because nobody has the speed to do that, so teams sit underneath and your QB can't throw guys open because he doesn't have the comfort, confidence, and game feel yet.

Sure, fire the OC...but it won't fix the problems with any OC would have been hugely burdened with. I'm not even sure what role Chan had in starting Tua, whether it was his call, if he had a say, and if he had to make it work. Tua looked completely overwhelmed in his first start and outside of one game it really wasn't even that much better. The rookie QB, who had no preseason and a crazy practice environment due to covid, wasn't ready.
Flores figured let his young players learn in real action while the team has a rookie season to let him figure it out some.

He did it over and over again with players last year and this.

Tua haters are not completely wrong - Tua does need to develop quite a bit - but his arm strength is questionable.

We have plenty of assets to
Keep growing as a team so
Let’s see - but Barfulo are the real deal.

Lol.

He brought us back from behind, in the 4th quarter, twice.

In his 2nd or 3rd start in the NFL.

I don't care if the D scored 50 points.

We were trailing in the 4th quarter.
You do understand that lots of young QBs perform really well in their early starts because there is no film or book on them. That Tua performed mediocre at best in every ensuing start, with some of them being wholly ineffective, shows that he was easily figured out with that tape.

I remember Mariota throwing at least 4 TDs in his first start...Daniel Jones had 5 TDs. Its the guys who can have 1/2 that performance week in and week our that make it in this league. Not the ones with an impressive early start.

There is a reason he didn't open up the playbook, Flatout our Receiving corp is terrible and as we saw it lead to multiple interceptions. Fitz even as well as people loved him here when he was replaced by tua had thrown about as many TD's as Int's at that point..

Gailey did a masterful job this season, We overachieved like hell this season and somehow ended up in week 17 competing for a playoff spot.. I don't think truthfully many here would have predicted a 10-6 season at the start.
Fire him?? Give this man a Raise he guided a team of UDFA's at Runningback and had to play Jakeem stone hands grant as our number 2 WR most of the season lmao..

They had injuries last year at WR too but that Miami offense was still better than this year post injuries

Are you really trying to compare last years recieving group injuries to this years? Lol!
Not to mention last year had a QB that specialized in "What the hell ball!"

Overall, Guess what? Seasons over an you better embraced TUA is 100% guaranteed to be our QB next season and we will upgrade the skill position regardless of if you think he has it or not.

#Finsup

Great season. Can't wait for next year!

Ummm. No. Our prized rookie QB did not perform well. He’s raw. Very raw. Nothing to do w the OC - who was masterful getting as much PPG out of this talentless unit + crappy QB play from both guys most of the time.

There is a reason he didn't open up the playbook, Flatout our Receiving corp is terrible and as we saw it lead to multiple interceptions. Fitz even as well as people loved him here when he was replaced by tua had thrown about as many TD's as Int's at that point..

Gailey did a masterful job this season, We overachieved like hell this season and somehow ended up in week 17 competing for a playoff spot.. I don't think truthfully many here would have predicted a 10-6 season at the start.
Fire him?? Give this man a Raise he guided a team of UDFA's at Runningback and had to play Jakeem stone hands grant as our number 2 WR most of the season lmao..
100%

Are you really trying to compare last years recieving group injuries to this years? Lol!
Not to mention last year had a QB that specialized in "What the hell ball!"

Overall, Guess what? Seasons over an you better embraced TUA is 100% guaranteed to be our QB next season and we will upgrade the skill position regardless of if you think he has it or not.

#Finsup

Great season. Can't wait for next year!
Ok. You get too riled up so easily. On to the off-season.

You do understand that lots of young QBs perform really well in their early starts because there is no film or book on them. That Tua performed mediocre at best in every ensuing start, with some of them being wholly ineffective, shows that he was easily figured out with that tape.

I remember Mariota throwing at least 4 TDs in his first start...Daniel Jones had 5 TDs. Its the guys who can have 1/2 that performance week in and week our that make it in this league. Not the ones with an impressive early start.
yup. i do.

Back
Top Bottom