Gailey’s QB pick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gailey’s QB pick

It waste of time trying guess what Gailey,flores or Grier will or will not do.. it unknown in January...I give yall credit.

I wouldn't say "waste of time," but I'll agree FAR too many predictions are based on desire rather than analysis. I can accept generalizations (e.g., arm strength, mobility). Who will Flo and staff taarget? You're right. Unknown in January.

West coast?

I don't recall Gailey ever running a true WC style offense. Even if he did, that offense is dependent upon a fairly cerebral QB.
You’re right. I meant to say spread offense. Damn head cold is fogging my brain.

My question is if they are changing the playbook/terminology/blocking schemes. That would not be great, IMO. I heard they didn't want to run a complicated system but who knows? The way the WR's and Qb were gelling was a good thing and I hope they don't change a lot. Hopefully just some tweaks. Can't be changing offenses every year.

I could see making some tweaks but not in terminology so players like Parker and Williams have to start over.

QBs Gailey named starter during his years as HC:

1998 DAL - Troy Aikman

1998 DAL - Troy Aikman

2010 BUF - named Trent Edwards starter but benched him for Ryan Fitzpatrick during the season

2011 BUF - Ryan Fitzpatrick

2012 BUF - Ryan Fitzpatrick

QBs who started while Gailey was OC, although impossible to know how much input he had in them being named starters:

1996 PIT – Mike Tomczak

1997 PIT – Kordell Stewart

2000 MIA – Jay Fieldler

2001 MIA – Jay Fieldler

2008 KC – A rotation of Brodie Croyle, Damon Huard and Tyler Thigpen due to a variety of injuries.

2015 NYJ – Ryan Fitzpatrick

2016 NYJ – Ryan Fitzpatrick, benched for Bryce Petty with four games left

QBs Gailey named starter during his years as HC at Georgia Tech:

2002 - AJ Suggs

2003 - Reggie Ball

2004 - Reggie Ball

2005 - Reggie Ball

2006 - Reggie Ball

2007 - Taylor Bennett
Nicely done. From that it seems Fitz for sure starts in 2020

I’m no football scout although sometimes I try to spot QB talent in the college ranks when prospects are talked about from the NFL pundits or the expert posters on this site LOL. Anyway, there is nothing in Fromm’s game that I’m impressed with.
If they pick Herbert later in the round or second round I won’t bitch and complain.

I'm of the mindset that Flores has a vision of what he wants the Miami Dolphins Offense to look like. He's gonna keep churning that butter until finds what he is looking for. If Chan doesn't hypothetically work out is Flores gonna keep Gailey on staff for continuity on offense? Hells nah. He's gonna fire his *** and bring someone on staff to bring his vision of our offense to life. Three coordinators in three years sounds worse than it hypothetically could be......

Not only that, I think he’s bringing him here to groom the next OC and to run a similar offense. I didn’t mind Chan’s offense, it works and he can play call, but Fiedler was our QB because of that fool Wanny. Never saw a QB who threw more detrimental pick 6’s than Jay Fiedler. Well maybe Favre

I’m fine with any of them later in the draft except for Fromm. Fromm is a waste of a pick.
I actually like Fromm best from all the QBs.

does anyone know what kind of QB's Gailey usually goes for, or likes? Does he have a history
He reportedly was against drafting Drew Brees when he was the Dolphins’ offensive coordinator.

I actually like Fromm best from all the QBs.

He reportedly was against drafting Drew Brees when he was the Dolphins’ offensive coordinator.

Well in defense of that, Brees was not touted as the special you have to get Brees at all costs QB coming out of college. Didn’t light it up until he went to NO. He had the right system and coach. Too many variables in football, some players fit certain systems and some players can excel anywhere. And even today I think the world of Brees but that doesn’t automatically equate to success here in Miami especially with all the terrible coaches we had here. Would we have been better with Brees? I think so, but doesn’t mean he woulda put us over the top or elevated the organization.

Well in defense of that, Brees was not touted as the special you have to get Brees at all costs QB coming out of college. Didn’t light it up until he went to NO. He had the right system and coach. Too many variables in football, some players fit certain systems and some players can excel anywhere. And even today I think the world of Brees but that doesn’t automatically equate to success here in Miami especially with all the terrible coaches we had here. Would we have been better with Brees? I think so, but doesn’t mean he woulda put us over the top or elevated the organization.

He was actually highly regarded coming out in that draft.

The guy singlehandedly turned a basketball school into big 10 football champs, not to mention a load of big 10 conference passing records.

He was actually highly regarded coming out in that draft.

The guy singlehandedly turned a basketball school into big 10 football champs, not to mention a load of big 10 conference passing records.

well then agree to disagree because I don’t recall that at all
Highly regarded to me is Manning, Burrows, Elway etc
Don’t recall Brees getting that treatment at all
I remember him being on the radar and touted as a prospect

well then agree to disagree because I don’t recall that at all
Highly regarded to me is Manning, Burrows, Elway etc
Don’t recall Brees getting that treatment at all
I remember him being on the radar and touted as a prospect
From what I remember, Brees struggled in SD for his first three years, then had a breakout season in year four but the team had already decided to bring in competition in the form of Manning/Rivers. Admittedly, I wasn’t following the sport quite as well as I do today.

From what I remember, Brees struggled in SD for his first three years, then had a breakout season in year four but the team had already decided to bring in competition in the form of Manning/Rivers. Admittedly, I wasn’t following the sport quite as well as I do today.
Yes, true. No one thought at that time he would be special. Although he still had talent. And as much as I hate Satan, didn’t blame him for not signing Brees after the shoulder injury. All we had was the advice of the medical doctors at that time. It was a tough call, it was a shoulder after all.

That spread might be great for Josh Rosen. He's still a #10 pick in the draft with tons of upside at 22 years of age. Maybe Gaily will save Rosen's career. The kid could use some help.
Top 10 pick in nfl doesn't need that much help.. a 6th rd pick need help. Something is not right when come to Rosen

Back
Top Bottom