Game could be rescheduled for Monday | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Game could be rescheduled for Monday

NEM

Practice Squad
Reaction score
This is just my opinion, but based on the Gillette Stadium weather forecast, now calling for 12-22 inches of snow on SUNDAY.....I have a feeling the NFL may move the game to Monday Night.

The NFL has done something like this in the past, but not to often.

Here's the link for the Gillette Stadium Weather forecast.

http://wbz4.com/gillette

Unless the Dolphins get stranded during their flight, I'd be STUNNED if this would be rescheduled. Usually only conflicts of scheduling(ie 1997 Marlins World Series moving a Dolphins game) natural DISASTER(hurricane) or lightning will cause a re-schedule. I wouldn't classify a lot of snow as a natural disaster. Besides, aren't you New Englanders pretty adept at snow removal?

Rain, Sleet, Hail, or Snow is of no consequence NEM...
Its... Inevitable.

Originally posted by Bopkin02
Unless the Dolphins get stranded during their flight, I'd be STUNNED if this would be rescheduled. Usually only conflicts of scheduling(ie 1997 Marlins World Series moving a Dolphins game) natural DISASTER(hurricane) or lightning will cause a re-schedule. I wouldn't classify a lot of snow as a natural disaster. Besides, aren't you New Englanders pretty adept at snow removal?

It's not so much a case of "snow removal". I have been tracking the forecast on several weather channels and the storm is intensifying now and the major portion of the storm is now expected ALL DAY SUNDAy....

That being the case, snow removal during the game may not be possible.....and the conditions could be considered "dangerous" for fans and players alike.

Therefore, I can definitely see the NFL considering changing it to Monday Night.

As of 10am Sat there is 12-16" on the ground in the stadium area, and the main storm hasn't even got cranking - could easily get 2.5 or 3 feet - I am fixing to fire up the snow blower shortly and clear some of round one and the snowbank the plow left at the end of the drive - They will need an army to clean the new stadium, the old Foxboro Stadium was easier because of all the bench seating - the new place with fixed seats, gonna be fun time tomorrow - I STILL hate domes:pirate:

THIS REALL Y sucks
I really thought they were primed for a butt kicking, now I'm not so sure. Looks like their luck is holding strong.

I don't believe they can schedule it for monday night since that would conflict with the Monday night game and the Phins/Pats TV rights have already been sold. My best guess would be Monday Day or later in the week....but I have strong feeling they would just go to a different stadium much like the San Diego wild fires

I don't think the NFL will cancel the game on their own. It will take some kind of gov't intervention, like a snow emergency. They'll have to make a decision by about 10AM tomorrow but given the difficulty of moving the game, location or day, I think it will still kickoff at 4PM.

Maybe I'll luck out and they'll move it to Cleveland. I think that's the closest open venue. The Meadowlands and the Link both have sheduled games and they can't combat turn and 2 games in one day.

It's the field heated? I know they put in a British soccer style system in the new Browns stadium.

I would prefer that they move the game rather than postpone it. I am so psyched for this game. I couldn't stand for it to be postponed.

Yet ANOTHER reason why the cold weather games should be played in Sept./Oct. and try and make the Nov./Dec. games happen in the warmer climates...if at all possible.

Originally posted by FinFrenzy
I don't believe they can schedule it for monday night since that would conflict with the Monday night game and the Phins/Pats TV rights have already been sold. My best guess would be Monday Day or later in the week....but I have strong feeling they would just go to a different stadium much like the San Diego wild fires

A few years ago the NFL scheduled a 2nd game for a Monday night. I dont remember the teams or the reason but it was also for some kind of emergency at the last moment.

The original game got the national coverage while the second game was shown only in the markets of the two teams involved.

So, it HAS been done, and it could be done again, if necessary.

Originally posted by dolfan87
Yet ANOTHER reason why the cold weather games should be played in Sept./Oct. and try and make the Nov./Dec. games happen in the warmer climates...if at all possible.

Im sorry but football was meant to be played in the Cold. Look at the old Oakland, Denver games. or the Detroit, GB games. Snow Snow Snow. I want to see snow on the field and with Ricky running better on snow its a good advantage for us.

I dont think they should Move the game. I dont think they should reschedule the game. If there is anything less than 3 feet of snow I think they should play it.

However I wont be there freezing my *** off. Ill be indoors at the local sports bar downing a cold one. Cheers to you die hards out there.

They won't reschedule the game because of snow, wasn't there a game a few years ago that is snowed so bad that some of the players had to take snowmobiles to the stadium because they couldn't get through the snow,

Hell even the Pats/Raiders Tuck game it was snowing like a B!tch.

Back
Top Bottom