Game could be rescheduled for Monday | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Game could be rescheduled for Monday

The game will be played, despite whatever protests the sea mammals have about how unfair it is to have to go out in the bad old cold and snow. Advantage: P-riots.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

I wonder if it would be available on NFL Sunday Ticket. If it wouldn't, I would be really ****ing pissed!

Sunday Ticket would probably air the game live. They aired the Chicago-Miami game that was postponed to Monday back in '97.

Isn't it mandatory that New Englanders have to take a course in 101 snow plowing, especially the inmates.

Actually up until last winter it hardly snowed up here too much. I mean it snowed just not that often. Last winter was a nightmare and this one seems like it will be also.

I hate to say it but Patriots. Many of there players have just played in these conditions 2 seasons ago. If the wind isn't too bad a passing team will always have the advantage in slippery conditions. Remember the receiver knows where he is going the defender does not.

Originally posted by hunter5nc1
Advantage Patriots or Dolphins? (snow)

It's not just snow. You have to consider three things: snow or ice that affects traction, temperature, and wind.

I think bad traction (from snow or ice) can be seen as helping a passing game as much as hurting it, since there are so many chances for a DB to slip when trying to cover. On the other hand it probably favors pass rushers a little bit more than pass blockers, and a QB might have to be a little more tentative with his footwork preparing to throw. Also, if everyone is running just a half-step slower than normal to avoid slipping, it must tend to throw off the timing of passing routes that you've been practicing all year.

I would guess that low temperatures must hurt the passing game a little. No matter what you do your fingers are going to get colder and the ball is going to be colder and a little harder to throw and catch.

Wind is obviously not an asset to a passing game, no matter what the other conditions are, but it probably doesn't matter much on short passes.

Ice on the field should not be a problem as the root zone on Gillette Stadium is heated. The water is only about 50degreesF, but it should not allow ice to form.
As for the post that suggested these games are played in the south in the fall, aren't there those little storms called hurricanes possible until November?? You can't second guess mother nature, just play the game and deal with the weather!:cool:

Originally posted by hunter5nc1
Advantage Patriots or Dolphins? (snow)

I don't think it gives the dolphins the advantage, but I do think it tends to equalize things.

On a clear day and dry field, I believe the ats would hold the advantage, being at home and knowing that a win can seal up the division.

Now, with the bad weather conditions and the field a mess, I have always been a believer that those type of conditions equalize things and that any team can win and neither has an advantage.

This old adage that teams from the south can't play in cold weather is a bunch of bull...many of the players on all teams either lived in the north or went to college in the north so they are damned well used to playing in it.

Remember the Dolphins Bears game I think in 1993 or it was an October I believe the day of a big stock market crash the game was rescheduled to Monday and it wasn't on TV. I don't know the reason the game was rescheduled.

Originally posted by Sherif
Remember the Dolphins Bears game I think in 1993 or it was an October I believe the day of a big stock market crash the game was rescheduled to Monday and it wasn't on TV. I don't know the reason the game was rescheduled.
it was rescheduled because of the world series were on sunday and would clash with the football game!;)

Back
Top Bottom