Game could be rescheduled for Monday | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Game could be rescheduled for Monday

The NFL only re-schedules games if there are Dangers to the players, not the fans. Read the back of the ticket.

Last I heard, the pats have a good heating system under the field so ICE will not be the problem. If there were ICE, they could cancel, but there won't be.

If you remember back in 1986, a game at Joe Robbie between the fins and steelers had a FOOT of standing water on the field, there were rumors that they would cancel before the game and they didn't. That was the most dangerous field I ever saw. After that game the NFL threatened the robbie family with a fine if they didn't intsall a drainage system.

I missed that game :(
I'd have loved to seen that.

Originally posted by NEM

A few years ago the NFL scheduled a 2nd game for a Monday night. I dont remember the teams or the reason but it was also for some kind of emergency at the last moment.

The original game got the national coverage while the second game was shown only in the markets of the two teams involved.

So, it HAS been done, and it could be done again, if necessary.

Do you know what teams they were?? I don't recall that. If anybody knows let me know.

I don't see how that's possible since different stations pay to show the games and alot of commercial spots are paying to be shown during that particular game.

Why wouldnt that same station be able to cover the Dolphins game the next day? if they paid for it then they have the right to cast it. If they choose not to due to other programming they plan to air that is theyre choice. Not the NFLs.

Originally posted by NEM
I have a feeling the NFL may move the game to Monday Night.

i sure hope not, i work nights. there are only three of us and i carpool with one guy and if i don't go in i can't pick him up and the third guy can't work by himself!:(

Originally posted by FinFrenzy

Do you know what teams they were?? I don't recall that. If anybody knows let me know.

I don't see how that's possible since different stations pay to show the games and alot of commercial spots are paying to be shown during that particular game.

I remember that happening, though I don't remember the circumstances, but it seems like the Dolphins were involved.

I know last year the goverment called a state emergency for 18 inches of snow here... That was in March so it didnt interupt the football season. I think though that if there is a State of emergency they will reschedule or move the game. Matter of fact I dont think the NFL has ever played a game in an area where there was one due to weather conditions.

Originally posted by relive1972

I remember that happening, though I don't remember the circumstances, but it seems like the Dolphins were involved.

OK, I have it here, it was because of the World Series.

NEW YORK (AP) -- The NFL game between the Miami Dolphins and the Chicago Bears will be delayed until Monday because of baseball's World Series.
Because Game 7 of the Marlins-Indians series will be played at Pro Player Park today, the Dolphins game, also scheduled at Pro Player Park, will be pushed back to Monday at 9 p.m. EST.

http://slam.canoe.ca/MLB97Playoffs/oct25_dolp.html

A broncos-Vikings game was also moved to Monday in 1987 due to the Twins-Cardinals WS.

It'll be funny when Richard Seymour slips and slides trying to get Ricky

:lol:

Originally posted by relive1972

OK, I have it here, it was because of the World Series.

NEW YORK (AP) -- The NFL game between the Miami Dolphins and the Chicago Bears will be delayed until Monday because of baseball's World Series.
Because Game 7 of the Marlins-Indians series will be played at Pro Player Park today, the Dolphins game, also scheduled at Pro Player Park, will be pushed back to Monday at 9 p.m. EST.

http://slam.canoe.ca/MLB97Playoffs/oct25_dolp.html

A broncos-Vikings game was also moved to Monday in 1987 due to the Twins-Cardinals WS.

Thanks alot...I asked a customer about it a little bit ago and he said he thought it was because of a baseball game.

still snowing here in Boston and reports say that it won't let up until tomorrow morning. Should make for an interesting game... and tailgate!

Ricky loves the snow!

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
I'll take the snow, ricky seems to have more balance then anyone on the snow.

The offense always has the advantage since they know where they're going. The D doesn't.

If it gets re scheduled to Monday night, the original monday game will be national. The Pats/Dolphins will be in the two local markets, only.

Originally posted by NEM
If it gets re scheduled to Monday night, the original monday game will be national. The Pats/Dolphins will be in the two local markets, only.

I wonder if it would be available on NFL Sunday Ticket. If it wouldn't, I would be really ****ing pissed!

Back
Top Bottom