Garcia in Miami?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Garcia in Miami??

Originally posted by BuchanonForPrez
Yea, thats true, but with Adewale almost for sure leaving after the season because he wants Jason Taylor type money. That will free up some room for the Fins to do a little free agent shopping and Garcia is front in line.

Actually, it won't free up a single dime since he's not under contract for next year thus he doesn't count for anything against next year's cap. At the moment, the only way for the 'Fins to do any significant FA shopping would be for them to make some hefty cuts which might include the likes of Madison, Marion, TimBo, etc.

Originally posted by Expo88

Actually, it won't free up a single dime since he's not under contract for next year thus he doesn't count for anything against next year's cap. At the moment, the only way for the 'Fins to do any significant FA shopping would be for them to make some hefty cuts which might include the likes of Madison, Marion, TimBo, etc.

Im talking about how much adewale WAS going to make next year, but since we cant afford him. We can go look elsewhere for improvements on offense.

Originally posted by SurtainRulz23
Griese has a strong arm

Griese's arm is average.

Garcia may not have a strong arm, but he gets it done in the air. He has made some pretty nice passes to Owens the last few years(long ones).

I didn't get to pay attention to the Philly/SF game like I wanted to (there's this place called the Finheaven boards that get pretty hectic after Phins games ;) ), but I know he played well. I also know that SF had over 200 yards rushing.

I guess my question is (for everyone that gets to see Garcia alot), how has he performed in Erickson's non-West Coast system?? There's alot more downfield passing. Assuming we stay with a similar offense (which stresses downfield passing), how would Garcia fit in?? I know he's got a stronger arm than Fiedler. But is his downfield accuracy any better better??

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

Griese's arm is average.

Garcia may not have a strong arm, but he gets it done in the air. He has made some pretty nice passes to Owens the last few years(long ones).

I'd have to disagree with this as well. While he occasionally gets the long ball out to Owens, it's pretty rare. In fact, the main reason Owens was lobbying for Rattay at times during this season was due to the fact that he has a lot more ability in the "long ball" area. Garcia is a pure West Coast guy who has a very accurate short to intermediate range arm and he can throw well on the run; arm strength is definitely one of his major drawbacks.

Originally posted by Muck
I didn't get to pay attention to the Philly/SF game like I wanted to (there's this place called the Finheaven boards that get pretty hectic after Phins games ;) ), but I know he played well. I also know that SF had over 200 yards rushing.

I guess my question is (for everyone that gets to see Garcia alot), how has he performed in Erickson's non-West Coast system?? There's alot more downfield passing. Assuming we stay with a similar offense (which stresses downfield passing), how would Garcia fit in?? I know he's got a stronger arm than Fiedler. But is his downfield accuracy any better better??

See my post before this one. I've watched him quite a bit since a bunch of my friends are die-hard Noner fans.

Garcia has played very well in the last few games. He really struggled in the beginning, but has come on as of late. He is mobile and accurate. His arm isn't strong, but he could be a good QB for us next year.

The problem with Garcia is that it would cost a lot of money to have him come here, and we won't have the money.

Originally posted by Muck

To answer your first question, Garcia has fit in in great. Having been the favorite of Steve Mariuchi and then having a new coach coming in and completly changing the style of the offense, Garcia handled it like a professional. Garcia, could give it off to a guy like OG, turn him into a threat, then free up space for Chambers and rack up the score. All said and done we have yet to talk to are star runningack Ricky Williams. Have you noticed how Ricky's production has been down lately? Well if you havent, it has. Opposing D's are treating Jay as no threat whatsoever and it is killing Ricky. With Garcia, Ricky would get his ypc up to at least 4.5 and also help develope and young reciever that we might be getting at the draft. Jeff wil take us to where we want to be, even with Wannstedt.

Originally posted by Unconquered
I would sooner like to see a good rookie like Manning or Rivers before Garcia.

Are you serious? We are going to have a pick in the late teens early twenties. Teams like San Diego and Arizona will take the best qbs away.

Oh, someone likes a player and they'll talk them up when they want them here.

Garcia has been decidedly average this year and does not have a strong arm at all. He is also very fragile. His back is not magically healed and all we need to do is look to DG for help on that matter.

Pass on Garcia. Stop with the guys who only fit a certain system.

I also would like for someone to tell me what they think a strong NFL arm is if they think Garcia has one. Because someone has a stronger arm than the boys on the block doesn't make it strong on the professional level.

JP Losman is who we need, and just may get.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
Oh, someone likes a player and they'll talk them up when they want them here.

Garcia has been decidedly average this year and does not have a strong arm at all. He is also very fragile. His back is not magically healed and all we need to do is look to DG for help on that matter.

Pass on Garcia. Stop with the guys who only fit a certain system.

I also would like for someone to tell me what they think a strong NFL arm is if they think Garcia has one. Because someone has a stronger arm than the boys on the block doesn't make it strong on the professional level.

JP Losman is who we need, and just may get.

No, average? Why dont you check his stats for the past 6 games, he has torn up all ecpectations. If we get Losman, we will have to endure another year of Jay Fiedler starting.

Originally posted by BuchanonForPrez

No, average? Why dont you check his stats for the past 6 games, he has torn up all ecpectations. If we get Losman, we will have to endure another year of Jay Fiedler starting.

I'd rather "endure" another year of Fiedler than bring in yet another band-aid QB to shore things up while the team collapses around him. Garcia is OK but you have your "I want Garcia really badly..." glasses on and it's not allowing you to see his shortcomings which are many. I believe he'd do OK in Miami however, he would only be moderately better than Fiedler considering they are cut from very similar molds; i.e. both have below average arm strength, both are scramblers, and both throw well on the run. Fiedler is much bigger so he can absorb more hits while Garcia is a bit more accurate on his short to intermediate throws so, for the most part, they're a wash when compared to one another.

Yes, he's done well during the past couple of games but he's not a long term answer and, again, he would be VERY costly; he's not worth the kind of money he will demand/garner.

He's going to be expensive? No actually he would not be. Think about how many teams need a starting QB. Bout 5 think that Eli will start on one of them. Then there is the fact that there numerous QBs available, plus Garcia will be cut which lowers price tags.

To say he is going to be expensive is ridiculous. Try 3m.

Garcia is a much better scrambler than Fiedler though. They may share styles, but he is much more accurate and is faster as well, plus better at avoiding the sack.

Originally posted by Unconquered
I would sooner like to see a good rookie like Manning or Rivers before Garcia.

LOL, Rivers is the 4-5th ranked QB right now. I assume you mean Manning or Roethlisberger. Anyways, we'd have to trade up to grab one, which I doubt happens.

PhinsmissedFG, I've been raving about J.P. Losman for about a month now. He'd be the ideal pick from where we're projected to pick.

Back
Top Bottom