Garcia in Miami?? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Garcia in Miami??

if fiedler comes back i would not have high expectations of this ball team next year.i have said warner might work but if tim couch becomes avalible that would probably be the best option.he has gotten a bum rap in cleveland and could possibly show why he was chosen number one overall if in the right system.

heres what i think, in free agency you go for the best offensive linemen you can get. Then in the draft, try to get rivers or losman personally i like Rivers more. i think we will have to stick with one of the current QB's either Brian or Jay, i think its easy to say that we want Jay instead of Brian. To bring in another QB like Garcia(who will only be a slight upgrade to fiedler) would be piontless with having to learn the offense and stuff. The worst thing we could do is bring in Kurt Warner, that dude needs all day to decide who he wants to throw the ball to and we definetly don't have that yet. To wish that we could get Rothlisberger or hoever you spell it, is pretty hard to see. I think Phillip is the best option right now. He is a fierce competitor who has an arm, and can scramble.

Originally posted by canephin
heres what i think, in free agency you go for the best offensive linemen you can get. Then in the draft, try to get rivers or losman personally i like Rivers more. i think we will have to stick with one of the current QB's either Brian or Jay, i think its easy to say that we want Jay instead of Brian. To bring in another QB like Garcia(who will only be a slight upgrade to fiedler) would be piontless with having to learn the offense and stuff. The worst thing we could do is bring in Kurt Warner, that dude needs all day to decide who he wants to throw the ball to and we definetly don't have that yet. To wish that we could get Rothlisberger or hoever you spell it, is pretty hard to see. I think Phillip is the best option right now. He is a fierce competitor who has an arm, and can scramble.

Are u kidding me? Garcia is a huge upgrade over Fiedler. Fiedler has one of the best backs in the league and arguably the best d in the league. Garcia has neither, he has a loudmouth wr who has dropped more balls than almost anyone in the league. And if your a qb, all the pressure is put on you. Garcia took it to the fact that Owens turned on him, the franchise turned on him, the media turned on him and even his coach turned on him and he still came through to lead the Niners to some vicitories. Garcia is clutch, hands down.

Garcia is a big time upgrade. He may not have a signficantly better arm than Jay, but he is far more accurate and can really make things happen. Much better than Jay.

Originally posted by Jaj
Garcia is a big time upgrade. He may not have a signficantly better arm than Jay, but he is far more accurate and can really make things happen. Much better than Jay.

Exactly! We should definatly go after him, I dont want to see him in Buffalo next year which has been talked about.

Garcia has a bad back!!!! That does not go away. He will not make it through another complete season. I think Couch or a rookie.

I have watched Jeff and his back seems good to me. He tore up philly d which is something Fiedler, Couch or any rookie can do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would still prefer to see Brunell, but Garcia is as good a choice right now as any. I like both QB's to run this stale offense IMO.

Anyone but JAY I'm so done watching him not lead us!!!!! He had over 3yrs and BG gets 4 games what's with this ****!!!!!!!! If not BG then someone else! BUT NO MORE JJJJJJJAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by hunter5nc1
Anyone but JAY I'm so done watching him not lead us!!!!! He had over 3yrs and BG gets 4 games what's with this ****!!!!!!!! If not BG then someone else! BUT NO MORE JJJJJJJAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok

That is ridiculous to suggest a rookie starting. There was only one Marino. The only rookie that we could possibly start a season with should be Eli Manning and even then have a veteran on the bench.

Like I said ...

Garcia arm stregth makes Fiedler/Griese arm look good.Only way Garcia makes sense if Miami will be running west coast offense.I would much rather go with the other veterans that will be available.

Garcia is a good QB but a bad fit for our system. He moves well and throws accurately on the run. Good for crossing patterns with WR that can catch and break long plays (west coast system). That is not us. We need a qb who can run THE PLAY ACTION WELL (manning is the best) and get the ball downfield. Keep those DBs back and let ricky run. Garcia does not have the arm to go deep (why rattay may get his job) or the experience to play action well. We do not need to get a vet in here and teach him. If a vet comes in he better fit the system already.

I have seen Jeff throw and his arm strength is not that bad. He is so clutch that he can create touchdowns with any kind of offense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Griese had 4 games? LMAO! I suppose you think we are all so stupid to forget the 4 YEARS he had to prove himself in Denver, LOL. Look at Plummer and what he has done with the SAME team, their in the playoffs for the first time since Elway. Jay should be nothing more than a backup if he comes back, but Griese needs the door, buh-bye!

Garcia is ok, but Brunell would be a better fit. 2 years to groom a rookie, it is time for this team to go out and draft their future qb and not pick someone off the street to be the future. Garcia runs teh west coast well but the deep ball is not his fortay, he may be an upgrade, he is not the answer. Brunell has never had a qb ranking below 82. Yeah stats are crud, but look at what he had to work with after they went in cap hell? The team was dismantled and only taylor, smith and Brunell were left. We get Brunell, draft qb, o-line and wr in the draft and add o-line in FA.

Back
Top Bottom