Garcia in Miami?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Garcia in Miami??

yea, im really hoping Losman falls to us. Give him a year or two of good solid groomin behind a veteran QB and he could be a very good one down the road a little.

Losman is pretty comparable to Brett Favre, except he's more athletic and has less skills(though he is loaded with skills).

IMO, Garcia would be good for 1-2 years, until Losman is ready to step in.

Originally posted by Unconquered
I would sooner like to see a good rookie like Manning or Rivers before Garcia.

It's not a choice thing.
What this team needs to do is both bring in a Vet. FA to make a run next year and draft a rookie to groom. It's not an either/or thing....
BOTH is a necessity.

Depending on a rookie QB to take a stacked veteran team to the Super Bowl would be even more idiotic than depending on a rookie LT to help you get to the Super Bowl.

Al few on here agrued vehemently about how LT woudl'nt be a problem this year because Wade Smith was a steal and would be better than Mark Dixon ever was at LT.... :rolleyes:.
I think we can ALL agree now that relying on a rookie LT was a pretty idiotic mistake.

A vet QB and a rookie is the move we need to make.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes that is most definitely true although I do see the exception of Eli Manning. He is probably the only franchise QB ready to start for a veteran team. Roethlisberger needs one year as does J.P. Losman at the very least. Rivers nees time to fix his footwork and the level he holds the ball.

Originally posted by BuchanonForPrez
And then you got the higlight reel in Chambers, he should of been in the pro bowl

Chambers should've made the pro bowl? He's 17th in the AFC in receptions.....12th in receiving yards......I don't think that's even close to a pro bowl year.

Maybe the 49ers will let Garcia go after this season...but i'd be surprised if they do...i think they should hang on to him for at least one more year.

Having seen almost every Garcia game ever, I cna say I don't want him here. A little trivia note that some might not know. Garcia was actually choosing between Miami and San Fran when he came into the laegue. Miami offered a contract first but San Fran made a better offer and then we went out and signed some guy named Fiedler instead...

Garcia is small, bad back, and cannot throw a deep ball consistantly. Owens often complained about his throwing and as others have said, he sems to thrive in an offense where he can scramble and break defenses down with his feet and then pass over their heads. I on't be surprised if he is gone as I think Rattay is a free agent and may command some bucks and a starter's position in S.F. if they choose to re-sign him.

Rattay is a RFA. They will have to choose between them. I see them choosing Rattay at this point.

I always said that Fiedler is a poor mans Garcia but in a bigger body.

Garcia is faster, very tough, more accurate, and similar arm strength. He's a good QB, and an upgrade to Jay.

Originally posted by Jaj
Rattay is a RFA. They will have to choose between them. I see them choosing Rattay at this point.

Rattay signed a 3 yr contract extension in august...and it wasn't much money. They can afford to keep both if they want.

Garcia is talking like he's staying with the 49ers. Talking about how good it'll be to have Jerry Rice around again next season if Rice returns to the 49ers.

Originally posted by Saint Greg

Rattay signed a 3 yr contract extension in august...and it wasn't much money. They can afford to keep both if they want.

Garcia will be set to make around 10 million this year which San Francisco can not afford. He signed that contract a while ago when the Niners had all the money to afford people. I can see Miami taking a qb for the future but you cannot expect to draft someone and expect them to come in and be your savior unless it is Eli Manning or Roethlisberger. Their is no way we can get either of them unless we trade up which we probably wont. We still could get Losman or Rivers as a later pick though. And seriously, do you really want to wait another year to make it to the superbowl?

Originally posted by minus
Garcia will only be good for west coast offense.His arm strength is worst than Fiedler/Griese.

good point, i thought that we finally would go after a QB who has an arm

any of y'all think the Rams might cut Kurt Warner loose? He'd be crazy expensive probably, but maybe we could convince him to come here for a yr or 2 to help season Losman. Think about that...Losman learnin from Kurt Warner....I like the sound of it! lol

Originally posted by Muck
I didn't get to pay attention to the Philly/SF game like I wanted to (there's this place called the Finheaven boards that get pretty hectic after Phins games ;) ), but I know he played well. I also know that SF had over 200 yards rushing.

I guess my question is (for everyone that gets to see Garcia alot), how has he performed in Erickson's non-West Coast system?? There's alot more downfield passing. Assuming we stay with a similar offense (which stresses downfield passing), how would Garcia fit in?? I know he's got a stronger arm than Fiedler. But is his downfield accuracy any better better??

At the pro level could it be worse.+

the problem with Warner (other than his wife's mouth, and a propensity to get nagging injuries the last couple years) is that he needs on OL that he can camp behind, and wait for WRs to get open.

Miami will not have that type of line next year, unless the league decides that whole salary cap thing is a really bad idea, and scraps it so WH can go on a spending spree (neither of which is likely). from other threads/ posts by folks who know and understand the cap far better than i do, i understand the Dolphins are kind of stuck as far as what cap moves they could make to free up money for a QB let alone solid O lineman.

i have almost resigned myself to accepting Jay back (hopefully with a restructured deal to free some space) so that they can sign at least one free agent OL of consequence. Fiedler knows the system that is currently in place. of course if there is a coaching change there will be a new system to learn, which would make keeping him even less attractive. i guess thats what the offseason is for.

Back
Top Bottom