Gardener has control of Wanny!!!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gardener has control of Wanny!!!!!!

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Hmmm how did the title of my post get changed? It's showing up as "DG" now. Never called it that. :confused:
it was merged with another newer and similar thread :p ;)

Originally posted by dolphan39
it was merged with another newer and similar thread :p ;)

Christ sakes. You sit in front of this board all day with a bag of cheezies? :lol: You always answer my posts like 3 seconds after I post :p

I think DG will be ok at end.
I also am of the opinion that Wanny will use more of a JJ type Cowboy D-line rotation.
You will see DG on 1st and 2nd down, and then the pass rush guys (D-BO,Wally,whoever else we sign) will come in.
So, I really do not see the speed thing being that great of a factor.
This move could really extend his carreer for 2 or 3 more years.

Gardner has control of Wanny!!!!!!

Here is the deal. I have heard from a reliable source(player on team) that DG scares Wanny. This player told me in the gym that DG was so scared by Jimmy that he wouldnt do anything to disrupt the team. Now that Wanny has taken over, the tables have turned. Wanny does not want to disrupt this guy. Basically, I was told that if Kenny Mixon would have been signed, DG would have been cut. I was also told that Daryl's in practice habits were based upon his opponents. If he was playing a scrub O-lineman , his practice efforts would be off the charts. If he was playing an All-pro lineman , he would sandbag the practice week knowing he could not outperform the guy. This explains the up and down play of DG. This brings us to DG being forced to take a pay cut. How come we ask Timbo but not DG. Wanny fears DG for some reason and DG knows it. This player also explained that although he is excited about RW, we need oline help bigtime. I am only the messenger of this story, Also I will name the player becuz he is cool to me and he tells me inside info. This is a little tidbit for you guys that I hope will help get insight to the team. Also, this player has never told me to keep quiet on such matters so I feel i can report to this great board. (obviously if he tells me) DG is an underachiever and a cancer according to this player.

Maybe Wanny could have McDuffie protect him, after all
McDuffie isn't afraid of Gardener ! :-)

I guess it could be worse, he could be afraid of Mare.

Though I heard from a friend who's a friend of a girl who
used to date a friend of a girl who dated the hair dresser of a Dolphins mom that Mark Higgs used to scare Shula.

We did ask DG to take a pay cut and he refused.

"Lazy Underachiever" was the label on Gardener coming out of college. And Jimmy got him right the hell outta that rut.

Seems like he's fallen back into that rut.

Hey Muck,

He maybe nearing the end of his career (at least in Miami) and if the Fins sign Sinclair that will send a strong message to DG that his lazy days maybe over.

Of course I'll believe it when I actually hear about it from a known source. ;)

Hellion

I'm not sure how much of this I buy. DG has never been reported as anything but a great team player and I'm sure that if anything of this nature truly did exist then it likely would have come to light by now since most attitude problems with star players have a way of showing up in the media. Also, you never hear anything but praise for both his work ethic and on-field performance from the other star players on defense (i.e. Zach Thomas, JT, Pat Surtain, Sam Madison, etc.) :rolleyes:

Another thing, the team did approach DG about a contract extension/restructured deal and he refused. The reason he wasn't released was due to the fact that it would not have been fiscally prudent at this time for the 'Fins to do so; they would have eaten most of his salary in "dead money" this year so why not keep him on if it's going to cost them anyway.

I believe that it's possible that your "source" has his own personal problems with DG thus causing a negatively scewed opinion. So if you're going to be reporting something like this it's going to require some kind of backing (names, links, etc.):judge:

EXPO- I dont care what you think

i knew when i posted this that you guys wouldnt buy it. I knew that anytime someone posts about a source then doesnt list it that they wont beleive it. That is fine. I guess if it was written by Dan Lebatard in the Herald from a unannounced team player you would buy it. I really dont give a SH**. I am telling you this is from a team leader that says DG Would have been Cut - CUt- if we had signed kenny mixon. Why would i make this up!!!! What agenda do I have. I am a huge fan. The fact of the matter is Daryl has been injured twice in the past two seasons. The fact of the matter is we cut Tim Bowens who would have cost us an accleration on the cap year , but we did it. The fact that we are thinking about moving Daryl over to DE says we do not know what to do with this guy. The fact we are looking to sign Sinclair after Wanny made the statement that Daryl was goona be moved. Figure this EXPO, why would Wanny come out publicly about moving DG to end right now after the signing of Larry Chester. Because he wants to smooth things over with Daryl about him losing his job in the middle. Would Jimmy have said anything. PLease. This is the last time i will ever post anything I hear from a player. You guys think just because i am a poster that it is impossible for a regular person to talk to a player. As for a player saying in public what he thinks about a player-- that is one thing- whta he says behind close doors or off the record is another. Trust me and get a clue

"i knew when i posted this that you guys wouldnt buy it. I knew that anytime someone posts about a source then doesnt list it that they wont beleive it." :cry:

Then why are you so upset about other posters not believing you if you were expecting that kind of response? :confused:

I know an ex pro who grew up in my home town in MI went to HS in the late 70's and was drafted by the Lions in the 12th RD of the (I think) 1981 draft as a TE out of Grand Valley St U.

He played 4 seasons with Lions as a 2nd and 3rd string TE. After the Lions annual bow out in the playoffs he would come home and help out our P.E. teacher until school was out or training camp would start.
A few times he brought fellow Players like Doug English and Jeff Chadwick with him and have them talk to the students. Now he does the Lions report on Fox Det. I'm by no means a close friend or A friend of his but i've talked to him.

Now if he told me some kinda inside info on the Lions and I posted it as inside info I would expect people to disbelieve me, and when they did I wouldn't get bent out of shape about it. But then I wouldn't post that info cuz what would be the point if I was only gonna get ridiculed about it.

So if you're gonna post info like that, and not even the press knows about it, and this player confided in you and you KNOW you'll be ridiculed for it, then just simply don't post it or don't get pissed cuz people don't beleive you.

Now whether or not you beleive me about the player I mentioned,, I don't care either way.

BTW: can anybody guess who the player is? He wore #84 and his best known play is a goal line formation 3TE set where he goes in motion and (i think)Danialson hands the ball off to him and he scored the winning TD on in the last game of the strike shortened season of 82 against the Packers that put the Lions in the playoffs.

Let's work on the supposition that this is true, why would Dave be afraid of anyone? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. What is he afraid of? Is he afraid that DG will physically hurt him? Is he afraid DG will say bad things about him? Does DG have pictures of Dave in a thong dancing with a guy wearing leather chaps and not much else?
Number 1, dave has 50 other guys to protect him from Daryl. Number 2, who would believe a bitter ex player(DG) who was cut because of a lack of productivity when he has bad things to say about a coach? Number 3, well, if that's true, DG will probably break Blandas' record for longest career.
Either that, or DG is the other guy in the picture.

Re: EXPO- I dont care what you think

Originally posted by Denny
This is the last time i will ever post anything I hear from a player.
I honestly hope that that is not true :( you insight is welcomed and appreciated :D

however, it is the right of any "poster" whether or not they want to accept it or not, but if I was you, I would not care if someone disagrees with what you are saying since that happens here in 9 out of every 10 threads. :rolleyes:

Personally, I think Wanne is scared because we invested a huge amount of guaranteed money in DG and if he is cut or retires, we have big cap problems.

[Q]I am telling you this is from a team leader that says DG Would have been Cut - CUt- if we had signed kenny mixon. Why would i make this up!!!! What agenda do I have. I am a huge fan. The fact of the matter is Daryl has been injured twice in the past two seasons. The fact of the matter is we cut Tim Bowens who would have cost us an accleration on the cap year , but we did it. [/Q]

First off I have to agree with inFINS on why would Dave be afraid of any player. Second, cutting Tim Bowens SAVED us 8 million this year against the cap.

It's nice to have players for friends, but when he says that D.G. would have been cut, I think HE was misinformed. It would have put us in more cap trouble to release D.G., and why release a guy who might come back healthy and win games for you.

As far as him being Lazy, well I have seen the guy flat take over games, and just take a close look at what happened to our pass rush, and run defense after Daryl went down. We couldn't stop the run, and couldn't get pressure on the QB.

I don't have any reason to doubt you are freinds with a player...but it just doesn't make sense.

Denny...

I'm not saying I don't believe your story or that I don't believe that you know any pro football players. I've been playing organized football since I was five. I've played for two Division 1 football programs (Ohio State and North Carolina) and was invited to two pro football teams camps (no luck though, because of my height :cry: ), I know quite a few professional football players (none that play for the Dolphins). I keep track of my Dolphins as much as I can and I've only heard praises about Gardner from other players too. But EXPO88 has made a great point, and I quote what he said, "I believe that it's possible that your "source" has his own personal problems with DG thus causing a negatively scewed opinion. " I've seen this happen all so much and he could possibly be right.

Why would Wannie be scared of a player, he has the power to cut, bench, trade a player if he wants. Now if the case about DG refusing to re-structure is true, the only reason Wannie wouldn't cut DG if he did refuse to re-structure his contract is the cap hit would be too much on dead money, not that he is scared of DG. DG knows this too and that's his leverage in the negotiation. I believe this is how it all went down only if the scenario is true. If I was Wannie and put in that position, I would keep him too and move him somewhere he can be on the field all the time for the type of money he is making. Defensive End is a great idea concerning his back problems, but we'll see what happens.

Lighten up Denny. I know some people might act that way towards as you suspected, but take the good with the bad. You're post was insightful.

Back
Top Bottom