Gardener has control of Wanny!!!!!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gardener has control of Wanny!!!!!!

Originally posted by Slaine

Not too sure who this was aimed at but if it was me I was just querying the wisdom of moving someone like Gardner out to DE. According to your post my opinion has as much right to be heard as yours so why the sudden blow-up?

I'd be more impressed with the Chester signing if I thought that it was to give your two big guys a chance to take a breather and prolong their careers that way. Good depth which I applaud. Moving your best DL to a position that exposes his DT speed against larger better blockers doesn't make a bunch of sense to me. Also without your two big guys holding the middle it may give teams a crease to get at Zach - this is a bad thing based on the playoffs last year.

Slaine, Moving Gardener out to DE is a move that is being considered for probably run downs only, and he would rotate with Chester at DT in passing situations.

Gardeners back is a real issue here, and IF he has decent enough speed, then playing DE would be a great thing for him. I have seen him take on double teams from a guard and center, and still blow through them to disrupt a pass play. Having him lined up against a Tackle, and a T.E. would be easier on his back and possibly prolong his career.

Chester is a first rate DT. He can stuff up the middle and take on double teams as well as anyone out there, and that is all we ask from the DT position. Plug the middle so Zach and the rest of the linebackers can roam and make plays.

If it doesn't matter where he plays this year, cause if his back doesn't hold up, we won't have him at all.

Not too sure who this was aimed at but if it was me I was just querying the wisdom of moving someone like Gardner out to DE. According to your post my opinion has as much right to be heard as yours so why the sudden blow-up?

What..................Do you guys read these posts looking for a reason to be insulted or something? Blow-up? I simply tried to apply my thoughts on the DG move and explain the logic in it from my point of view! Yes your opinion has a right to be heard, but like I was saying with the other guy, dont get your thong caught up when someone posts an answer to it, even if its not what you wanted to hear! Thats why the door is never shut on these threads, you have a chance to say your piece over, and over and over until your satisfied. Dont get caught up so much in the words as the intent!Go Phins!

Originally posted by PHINFAN4LIFE

What..................Do you guys read these posts looking for a reason to be insulted or something? Blow-up? I simply tried to apply my thoughts on the DG move and explain the logic in it from my point of view! Yes your opinion has a right to be heard, but like I was saying with the other guy, dont get your thong caught up when someone posts an answer to it, even if its not what you wanted to hear! Thats why the door is never shut on these threads, you have a chance to say your piece over, and over and over until your satisfied. Dont get caught up so much in the words as the intent!Go Phins!
You guys need to get happy, next FinHeaven party, I'm bringin some Chronic Brownies:cool:

Originally posted by dolfan87

Slaine, Moving Gardener out to DE is a move that is being considered for probably run downs only, and he would rotate with Chester at DT in passing situations.

Gardeners back is a real issue here, and IF he has decent enough speed, then playing DE would be a great thing for him. I have seen him take on double teams from a guard and center, and still blow through them to disrupt a pass play. Having him lined up against a Tackle, and a T.E. would be easier on his back and possibly prolong his career.

Chester is a first rate DT. He can stuff up the middle and take on double teams as well as anyone out there, and that is all we ask from the DT position. Plug the middle so Zach and the rest of the linebackers can roam and make plays.

If it doesn't matter where he plays this year, cause if his back doesn't hold up, we won't have him at all.

I guess you'll find out in training camp if he is fast enough & healthy enough. You guys are the ones that know your team best so I'll just watch with interest.

PHINFAN4LIFE
Do you guys read these posts looking for a reason to be insulted or something? Blow-up? I simply tried to apply my thoughts on the DG move and explain the logic in it from my point of view!

Nope - I think I was just confused by your answer - maybe it's because it answers two different points. And maybe blow-up is too strong a term but I just didn't understand who or what your "everyone's opinion" thing was aimed at - hence my query as to what it was all about.

It's just so much more difficult to have a conversation through a keyboard... :lol:

Incidentally, being English I don't understand the term "chronic brownies" - can anyone explain or put a picture up?

Same applies to blunts - sounds more like a weapon...? :D

Slaine. Gardener is 6'6" and apparently is one of the tallest DT's in the league. When you play DT you need to get low to the ground to get leverage. At DE you don't have to get as low and that would be good for Gardener's back.

Gardener was actually a DE when he came out of college but he got moved to DT during his first training camp. I think he would be great as a run stopper and then moving inside on passing downs. Who is going to run against us? You go up the inside into Bowens/Chester or you go outside into Gardener whose got bulk and speed or you go the other way and maybe pick up 2 yards by blowing past JT as he's going after the QB but he turns around so quick to tackle you that you only get 2 yards :p

It's all a matter of whether chester can plug up the hole on run downs.

Chronic Brownies and Blunts for Slaine

Incidentally, being English I don't understand the term "chronic brownies" - can anyone explain or put a picture up?

Same applies to blunts - sounds more like a weapon...? :D

Chronic Brownies :

One box of your favorite brownie mix (chocolate is the best)
A quarter bag of your favorite herbs
In the butter used for brownies, simmer herb in butter for up to 2 hours, to cook the THC into the butter.
Strain out the herb so only butter remains
Add to brownie mix, bake as directed, and FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT DUDE!:cool:

Blunts:

1 Phillies Blunt Cigar
3-7 grams of herb (I's like dem phat blunts;) )
Take out tobacco and inner paper, unless you like the sweet taste
Replace with herb and roll up, sealing with honey is the best.
Light It Up, and I hope you got some homies with you cause a blunt by yourself can knock you on your ass.:cool:

Very cool Frank but you forgot to mention that removal of the stems and seeds in both butter for the brownies and rolling blunts is important. Nobody wants to taste a seed in a bowl, and certainly not in a blunt.:cool:

Mack Daddy

Good point pothead, but I figured that if you were inquirin' about blunts, you'd realize stems and seeds are a no-no. Ok back to your bong now Mack, don't have a Big Mack Attack.:lol:

Aaaahhhhh -- cake!

Now I understand - should of guessed! :o Thanks guys - and save some of those Brownies for me!

Incidentally - you're not a doctor are you?

clear.gif

:D

Incidentally - you're not a doctor are you?

clear.gif

:D
Yeah I was for awhile but then I figured, who wants to look like Tim Curry in drag? It was the brownies man, not too many brownies, ok?:lol:

Frank, you remind me of somebody i used to know around here.......nah:nono: .....couldn't be.

;)

Back
Top Bottom