Gardener has control of Wanny!!!!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gardener has control of Wanny!!!!!!

Good reporting by Denny, and I do believe his story unlike the rest of you. Maybe the player has problems with Gardener which could be the reason that he told you this, but since you aren't writting for a newspaper this player has no reason to lie. I do believe that Gardener could scare a small guy like Wanne, Gardener is huge and makes a ton of money, which could intimidate a coach. Good reporting by Denny and I hope he comes up with more of this without you guys slamming him.

Lighten Up Denny

The nature of this board, and pretty much every other sports MB out there is skepticism and conjecture. I don't doubt that you know a 'Fin, there are lots of them out there. I know several player/former players (unfortunately none of them are, nor ever were 'Fins) through my work and through friends.

Niether am I saying that you misconstrued what this guy told you; you probably reported it just as you heard it. What I am saying though, is that it doesn't all jive with how DG has been portrayed by his teamates and the media. The biggest question mark there is why does ZT praise both DG and Bowens every time he has a chance? It's because the guy plays hard on the field.

While the laziness thing may have been a label placed on him coming out of college it hasn't shown up in the pros. If he is lazy, it will show this season. If he's not then he'll be what he's always been when healthy: dominant.

As far as Wanny being afraid of DG it just doesn't logically make any sense. Finatical brought up an excellent point: Wanny has an entire team who really respects him and never has a negative thing to say about him to back him up. He also has the backing of the entire judicial system as well as the NFL rules to stand on so you can see where the logic breaks down.

Like I said in the beginning, don't get so bent when someone questions something you post; especially if it's based entirely on hearsay from an unnamed source. I've posted information from a named source (Kylie Wong) on this site and have still received flack for it, that's just the nature of things. Try to be a little more thick skinned and keep posting.:)

Originally posted by Hellion
[BTW: can anybody guess who the player is? He wore #84 and his best known play is a goal line formation 3TE set where he goes in motion and (i think)Danialson hands the ball off to him and he scored the winning TD on in the last game of the strike shortened season of 82 against the Packers that put the Lions in the playoffs. [/B]

Rob Rubick

Dolphan39 you really need to make it so the original title of the post stays. I really don't like to be associated with the stupid title of "Gardner has control of Wanny!!!!!!". It's a reflection of the original poster.

:band: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

:jumper: :drinkers:

Mr.Clean you are correct!!!!! :judge: :cooldude:

Rob Rubick #84

Re: Lighten Up Denny

Originally posted by Expo88
The nature of this board, and pretty much every other sports MB out there is skepticism and conjecture. I don't doubt that you know a 'Fin, there are lots of them out there. I know several player/former players (unfortunately none of them are, nor ever were 'Fins) through my work and through friends.

Niether am I saying that you misconstrued what this guy told you; you probably reported it just as you heard it. What I am saying though, is that it doesn't all jive with how DG has been portrayed by his teamates and the media. The biggest question mark there is why does ZT praise both DG and Bowens every time he has a chance? It's because the guy plays hard on the field.

While the laziness thing may have been a label placed on him coming out of college it hasn't shown up in the pros. If he is lazy, it will show this season. If he's not then he'll be what he's always been when healthy: dominant.
I gotta agree Expo, Infins, I find it very hard to believe that one player or even a group of players would be able to intimidate an NFL H-C, college
As far as Wanny being afraid of DG it just doesn't logically make any sense. Finatical brought up an excellent point: Wanny has an entire team who really respects him and never has a negative thing to say about him to back him up. He also has the backing of the entire judicial system as well as the NFL rules to stand on so you can see where the logic breaks down.

Like I said in the beginning, don't get so bent when someone questions something you post; especially if it's based entirely on hearsay from an unnamed source. I've posted information from a named source (Kylie Wong) on this site and have still received flack for it, that's just the nature of things. Try to be a little more thick skinned and keep posting.:)
I have got to agree with Expo, Infins, and others in the thread finding a real problem with Wanny being intimidated by a group of players let alone just one ! Jeff George is one example of a problem child that has been shuttled from team to team to team because of his laziness and propensity to cause friction between himself and the H-C along with other players on the team ! And I think George was a first rnd draft pick overall for the Colts! Damon Gregory was almost cut, then traded, and finally released in Feb because of a physical confrontation with the Phins D-Line coach,, that IMOP should definitely counter the statment that D-G is or has intimidated Wannstedt ... Marino1983 :rolleyes:

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Dolphan39 you really need to make it so the original title of the post stays. I really don't like be associated with the stupid title of "Gardner has control of Wanny!!!!!!". It's a reflection of the original poster.
You gotta watch that 39 man, he's sneaky. That's the guy who moves your beer at a party without tellin' ya.:cool: j/k

Originally posted by Frank-n-Furter
You gotta watch that 39 man, he's sneaky. That's the guy who moves your beer at a party without tellin' ya.:cool: j/k

So that's where my damn beer went. Oh well he will be surprised when he drinks that good ole canadian moonshine :lol: Got more kick then that american water beer.

Re: Gardener to DE...........

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
CNNSI has a story out right now that kinda explains to me what Wanny is thinking when it comes to moving Gardener to end.

After reading this article I just hope Gardener comes back healthy and ready to play healthy for a couple years. Gardener against a TE/OL should work out pretty well since he's used to being double teamed anyways :).

From CNNSI:
The NFL is not a place where 260-pound pumped-up linebackers can square off against 265-pound tight ends joining forces with 350-pound offensive right tackles.

I disagree with that. If that's true why is Jason Gildon successful?

That aside I think it would be a mistake to move Gardener to DE. The reason that Zach Thomas has become a star is that he has two big destructive guys up front keeping the OL off him. He can then make the plays. Who do you project to take on that role from Gardener? Because if he's not as good Zach will have a very long season...

That's why Larry Chester was signed. Chester is good enough to play the DT position and move DG out to DE.

:lol: I was starting to use a lot of abbreviations there for a second.:lol:

You can also look a Jamir Miller, an OLB who had 13 sacks this year. We should get a OLB who can do that, players who do that can also really help the secondary perform better.

Originally posted by FinaticalOne
That's why Larry Chester was signed. Chester is good enough to play the DT position and move DG out to DE.

:lol: I was starting to use a lot of abbreviations there for a second.:lol:

I understand that you signed Chester to help fill a hole but he's no Daryl Gardener is he?

You can plug people in to play a position but it doesn't necessarily mean that they'll play to the same sort of level.

Maybe Wannstedt thinks it too:

Defensive end is another position for exploring options, which means tackle Daryl Gardener won't necessarily move to end with the signing of Larry Chester.

"Once we get through the free agency and the draft we'll kind of look at everything during that [April] minicamp and decide who's going to line up where," Wannstedt said.

From http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...sfl-dol13mar13.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Moving DG to end and having Chester plug the middle is a trial by error type of thing! If the production is not there in training camp, you can bet your bottom dollar it wont be used in gametime situations. Come on, give it a chance! I cant believe some of you guys are being so closed-minded about a trial manuever that could not only bolster the D-Line, but also prolong the career of our "BEST DEFENSIVE LINEMAN"!.................... Im not the one to step on eggshells surrounding someones feelings, and I dont expect anyone to sidestep me either. Everyone is allowed to post an opinion and everyone is allowed to rebut that post! "This aint no secret garden, so all the flower people leave!" If I dont agree with you, and I feel it relevant, I will post my diagreements, thats what the board is for. While the story from Denny maybe true, which I doubt, Denny needs to know that his character as a Dolphin Man is not in question, its his silly source for that story that everyone is questioning! DG has been a force on and off(weight room) the field, with nothing but good reports from the team as a whole and by production along the D-Line! Its anybodys GUESS as to why this stories source has said such an off the wall thing, but its either going to BELIEVED and answered to, or its going to not be BELIEVED and be answered to! Either way, Dolphin fans should speak their minds and be ready for a difference of opinion!!Go Phins!

Originally posted by PHINFAN4LIFE
Moving DG to end and having Chester plug the middle is a trial by error type of thing! If the production is not there in training camp, you can bet your bottom dollar it wont be used in gametime situations. Come on, give it a chance! I cant believe some of you guys are being so closed-minded about a trial manuever that could not only bolster the D-Line, but also prolong the career of our "BEST DEFENSIVE LINEMAN"!.................... Im not the one to step on eggshells surrounding someones feelings, and I dont expect anyone to sidestep me either. Everyone is allowed to post an opinion and everyone is allowed to rebut that post!

Not too sure who this was aimed at but if it was me I was just querying the wisdom of moving someone like Gardner out to DE. According to your post my opinion has as much right to be heard as yours so why the sudden blow-up?

I'd be more impressed with the Chester signing if I thought that it was to give your two big guys a chance to take a breather and prolong their careers that way. Good depth which I applaud. Moving your best DL to a position that exposes his DT speed against larger better blockers doesn't make a bunch of sense to me. Also without your two big guys holding the middle it may give teams a crease to get at Zach - this is a bad thing based on the playoffs last year.

Back
Top Bottom