Garnett to Boston | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Garnett to Boston

they'd have rondo at point also. makes for a real good lineup where each player fits there role well (unlike denver). depth/age might not be such an issue, because they'd still have players like ryan gomes and glen davis.

they'd have rondo at point also. makes for a real good lineup where each player fits there role well (unlike denver). depth/age might not be such an issue, because they'd still have players like ryan gomes and glen davis.

Wasn't Rondo mentioned to be part of the deal?

New info states Jefferson WILL NOT be included in this deal!!!!!!!

Kevin McHale CANNOT be that stupid. I mean, I know he's a terrible GM and all, but there's no possible way any GM can be that dumb.

If the Celtics get Garnett for Ratliff, Green, Gomes and the pu-pu platter, I'm handing Danny Ainge the Executive of the Decade award. A lineup of Garnett, Jefferson, Pierce, Allen and Rondo, with West, Perkins and Szczerbiak off the bench would instantly be one of the top 4 teams in the East.

Al Jefferson, Gerald Green, Sebstain Telfair, Theo Ratliff and a future draft pick for Kevin Garnett.

No link, currently just a rumor, Reported on WEEI

If this deal follows through, then watch out EC.

I don't see how the Celtics benefit here? Once again Ainge would be bringing in a guy who is past his prime in Garnett (not in terms of age, but in terms of games played), while losing a young guy like Jefferson, and a few other younger guys. Ainge, Bird and McHale were great as Boston Celtic players, but they have been the Three Stooges as GM's/VP's. :lol:

Now they are saying Jefferson, Gomes, Telfair, Ratliff, Green AND 2 future first round picks...

OK, that makes a little more sense. I didn't think the T-Wolves would do a deal without Jefferson. If they're getting Jefferson, Green and the wildly underrated Gomes, plus two future #1s, that's a pretty good group of young talent.

Now they are saying Jefferson, Gomes, Telfair, Ratliff, Green AND 2 future first round picks...

I don't know, sounds like just a little too much to give up IMO. Of course Garnett will make the Celts playoff team, but they're not getting any younger.

I don't see how the Celtics benefit here? Once again Ainge would be bringing in a guy who is past his prime in Garnett (not in terms of age, but in terms of games played), while losing a young guy like Jefferson, and a few other younger guys. Ainge, Bird and McHale were great as Boston Celtic players, but they have been the Three Stooges as GM's/VP's. :lol:

I disagree especially about Garnett being past his prime. The time to win is now, and with 3 top 25 players on the team in the Eastern Conference it makes them legitimete contenders. The Celtics will have their first relevent team in 20 some-odd years if they make this trade.

OK, that makes a little more sense. I didn't think the T-Wolves would do a deal without Jefferson. If they're getting Jefferson, Green and the wildly underrated Gomes, plus two future #1s, that's a pretty good group of young talent.

The info about giving up Gomes is relatively new to me and it does make the trade much much more friendly to Minnesota. I will hate to see Ryan go.

Of course Garnett will make the Celts playoff team, but they're not getting any younger.

This is true. I think the organization is sick of looking to the future though. The Celtics have been one of the youngest, most mediocre team in the NBA for a few years now. And as an aside, I for one, do not want to waste Paul Pierce for youth any longer.

If they pull off a trade for Garnett without giving up Jefferson I will be the first to say the Celtics will go the NBA Championship game. I personally wouldn't mind seeing letting young talent go there has been too much of it here the past few years and I want to see them win. But it will hurt to see Gomes because I watched play at P.C. and he is from my hometwon.

I disagree especially about Garnett being past his prime. The time to win is now, and with 3 top 25 players on the team in the Eastern Conference it makes them legitimete contenders. The Celtics will have their first relevent team in 20 some-odd years if they make this trade.

Who is going to play defense? Garnett is soft on D against stronger centers. Ray and Pierce are not going to give you much defense either. Yes the team would be a lot better offensively but I think it is a wash when you lose the younger players.

Back
Top Bottom