Garnett to Boston | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Garnett to Boston

7Boston is gonna struggle with terrible role players and absolutely no bench.

Big concern of mine. I am very conerned about losing Ryan Gomes in this trade; Gomes and Rondo have been my favorite kids on the C's. The good part about it is that the C's have about a 3-4 year window to build up that bench before all three horseman contracts and age become signifigant.

I think Rondo is gonna turn some heads, because creating and distributing? Well, that's his game to perfection.

Hit the nail on the head there man, and with so many options out there for him dish to? I'm excited for him.

I'm really hoping Tony Allen can come back healthy and be able to play well off the bench and it looks like Glen"Big Baby"Davis will be getting a good amount of playing time in his first year.

on paper KG,Allen,Pierce,Rondo sounds great, but after those four, who else do they have? Gabe Pruitt?, Big Baby? Tony Allen (and his new knee)?, Kendrick Perkins? Brian Scalabrine?

Short term, good move for the NBA,Boston, ect. But in 3 years this could look bad.

On the flipside, Minny now has a young core of Randy Foye, Rashad McCants, Al Jefferson, Corey Brewer, Gerald Green, Craig Smith, and Chris Richards. That's not too bad.

What's wrong with Szczerbiak as the 6th man (where his swinging gate defense won't be such a liability), with Perkins and Davis backing up at the power spots and Gabe Pruitt filling in at both guard spots? That's a pretty decent 9 man rotation.

Given how totally, utterly and completely inept Doc Rivers is at managing a rotation, the Celtics needed to shorten their bench anyway.

What's wrong with Szczerbiak as the 6th man (where his swinging gate defense won't be such a liability), with Perkins and Davis backing up at the power spots and Gabe Pruitt filling in at both guard spots? That's a pretty decent 9 man rotation.

Given how totally, utterly and completely inept Doc Rivers is at managing a rotation, the Celtics needed to shorten their bench anyway.
Szcerbiak was traded in the Ray Allen deal.

hahahaha amen!!:lol:

He's the other x-factor with this team..Doc Rivers.. lets see how he manages this celtic team. You'd think it would be easier then what he's been used to.

Ainge and especially Rivers are just trying to save their *****. If Doc fails to get this loaded team in the playoffs in the Minor League of the NBA(the east) then they should open up the Hall of Shame just for him.

Ainge and especially Rivers are just trying to save their *****. If Doc fails to get this loaded team in the playoffs in the Minor League of the NBA(the east) then they should open up the Hall of Shame just for him.
Of course they are doing this to save their jobs and this team will have such good talent I could coach and they would still make the playoffs.

Of course they are doing this to save their jobs and this team will have such good talent I could coach and they would still make the playoffs.

Rivers will find a way to mess it up

Man, what a sick trio of players. This will be a very fun team to watch, talk about a resurgence....if indeed the deal goes through. Im going to miss KG and his consistent 20/10, but im happy for him. I hope they win a championship, seriously, the celtics have vaulted into my second favorite team through this trade. Ive always wanted a reason to get a Celtic jersey, theres something about the green. I'll be gettin a celtic KG jersey for sure. As for my wolves, I love it, Mchale wasn't bringing in any top talent to surround Garnett, he had a chance to get iverson and passed on it, so i say rebuild completely. We've got some serious potential with this team in a few years.

In the post you quoted me on I said if Jefferson is still in Boston with Garnett they will go to the championship game. But even without Jefferson they will have a very good chance at making the championship game, look at Cleveland they made it and all they have is LeBron, that is how pathetic the EC is.

Yeah I know :) Should make the East fun to watch though. I hope it goes through

While I agree wholehartedly RE: "paper champion", I do think it's a tough comparison, Boston v. Phoenix, just because of the markedly uneven talent compisition between the two conferences.

I hope Boston gives everyone a run for their money :wink:

Yeah I know :) Should make the East fun to watch though. I hope it goes through
It will give the Eastern Conference a real contender besides the Heat and Pistons who are starting to decline.

Back
Top Bottom