Garnett to Boston | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Garnett to Boston

Who is going to play defense? Garnett is soft on D against stronger centers. Ray and Pierce are not going to give you much defense either. Yes the team would be a lot better offensively but I think it is a wash when you lose the younger players.
Garnett will be on the 3/4 guy 90% of the time w/Pierce not the 5.. Kendrick Perkins and Glen Davis will be in the middle. Allen won't give you the defense but Pierce will be injected with new life on defense with Garnett here, guaranteed. Tony Allen is young and plays tremendous D. Besides, Jefferson wasn't even great on D, he was average.. he held his own at times but calling Garnett a drop-off on the Defensive side of the ball (or Offensive for that matter) is laughable.

wow boston will be good and a contender for a spot in the ECF.

Deal may not be as imminent as previously reported:

Kevin Garnett soon could be the newest member of the Celtics, according to multiple league sources, two of whom cautioned that a deal between Minnesota and Boston may not be as imminent as initially reported.

As of this morning, there still remained issues on the table to negotiate, not least of which is the player option worth $24 million that Garnett holds for the 2008-09 season as well as a 15 percent trade kicker which must be paid in real cash at the time of the deal.
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/

They really want a lot, I wouldn't do that unless Minnesota gives up something more then just Garnett because what they want is robbery but then again Boston has a chance at a Championship if they do make this deal. But lets say if they do agree to a deal Boston should definitely make sure Garnett will stick around around for more then one year and they get some throw in players in return.

I don't see how the Celtics benefit here? Once again Ainge would be bringing in a guy who is past his prime in Garnett (not in terms of age, but in terms of games played), while losing a young guy like Jefferson, and a few other younger guys. Ainge, Bird and McHale were great as Boston Celtic players, but they have been the Three Stooges as GM's/VP's. :lol:

I agree. I think they'd be giving too much up for only 5-6 years of possible greatness. But then again, all it's ever about is winning the title. With 4 titles in tow, I'd be satisfied if we never sniffed the Finals again.

Hope to see Boston give everyone in the East a run for their money

OK, that makes a little more sense. I didn't think the T-Wolves would do a deal without Jefferson. If they're getting Jefferson, Green and the wildly underrated Gomes, plus two future #1s, that's a pretty good group of young talent.

I'm with you on that one too. Minnesota would have a bright future for years

Also if this deal goes through it will help the NBA ratings which have been below average the past few seasons because Boston is the most prominent franchise in NBA history.

If they pull off a trade for Garnett without giving up Jefferson I will be the first to say the Celtics will go the NBA Championship game. I personally wouldn't mind seeing letting young talent go there has been too much of it here the past few years and I want to see them win. But it will hurt to see Gomes because I watched play at P.C. and he is from my hometwon.

First it was Phoenix and now it's Boston? I also heard from a Blazers fan (of course) that Oden will win 10 titles before he's done.

You have to succeed on the court, not just on paper.

Garnett doesn't guarantee anything

First it was Phoenix and now it's Boston? I also heard from a Blazers fan (of course) that Oden will win 10 titles before he's done.

In the post you quoted me on I said if Jefferson is still in Boston with Garnett they will go to the championship game. But even without Jefferson they will have a very good chance at making the championship game, look at Cleveland they made it and all they have is LeBron, that is how pathetic the EC is.

While I agree wholehartedly RE: "paper champion", I do think it's a tough comparison, Boston v. Phoenix, just because of the markedly uneven talent compisition between the two conferences.

on paper KG,Allen,Pierce,Rondo sounds great, but after those four, who else do they have? Gabe Pruitt?, Big Baby? Tony Allen (and his new knee)?, Kendrick Perkins? Brian Scalabrine?

Short term, good move for the NBA,Boston, ect. But in 3 years this could look bad.

On the flipside, Minny now has a young core of Randy Foye, Rashad McCants, Al Jefferson, Corey Brewer, Gerald Green, Craig Smith, and Chris Richards. That's not too bad.

The deal is all but done, the league has to give it the okay and Boston wants to make sure Garnett will stick around for more then one season.

Unless Miami can stay healthy and make another run, I guess I'll be pushing for Boston. Ray Allen & KG are two of my favorite players ALL-TIME, and I like Pierce, too. I also wanted Rondo in the draft last year since we were trying to trade in.

I'm gonna hold judgment, however. Although a great core of three All-Star types.......Boston is gonna struggle with terrible role players and absolutely no bench. It's kinda scary though, as with those three you really have it all. In Ray Allen you have your world class all natural shooter who can score with the best of 'em. In Pierce you have your all around perimeter guy who can score with the best of 'em in many different ways. In KG you have IMO, the most dominant big in the league as far as CONSISTENCY is concerned [EDIT: Oops, how did I diss Tim Duncan like that? Make that "second most"]. I think Rondo is gonna turn some heads, because creating and distributing? Well, that's his game to perfection.

Back
Top Bottom