Gase 8/19 Presser | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase 8/19 Presser

where's the sense of urgency???

has to start at the top.

Gase is lookin' more and more fake...

Stop telling us the obvious crap.

Just get it done!

There was a really good thread a while back that transcribed Gase’s press conferences, and the corresponding results. People always cry “coach speak”, but the man continuously tells it like it is, and I don’t know why people can’t see it.

“I’m not going to tolerate freelancing anymore”

Maxwell cut

“I’m tired of supposed leaders not putting in the work/preparation”

Ajayi traded

“What I saw from Jarvis in the buffalo game was a complete embarrassment”

We all know how that turned out.

The only time he seemed to contradict himself was when he spoke highly of pouncey, but bottomline we don’t know the inner workings of that move.

He brought together HIS team this year. If he fails, he fails. But he has earned face value with me. I look forward to the regular season.

Side note: those are not direct quotes, but you get my jist.

Different coaches at different points in their tenures and with varying experienced players will have different goals for pre-season games.

Wow, people are really losing their minds over a pre-season game.

There are many reasons Gase may be calling plays and not primarily focused on getting into the end zone or getting first downs in a meaningless preseason game.

1) Due to Still and Parker out he has Wilson and Grant in together all game. It's not his usual pairing and he's been talking about special packages. They are both yds after reception threats. Maybe he was working on these packages.
2) There may be plays they are running more often and more successfully in practice and he wants to use the game to test and/or work on plays that the team hasn't been executing as well. Get some tape for the coaches and players to look at.
3) Protect the QB in preseason
4) Save plays for the regular season
5) Give certain players work in order to evaluate them.
6) Experiment new things to see how they work against a quality defense.

and I'm sure a few others.

I mean, of course he could game plan extensively in order to score more in order to make message board members and other fans feel better, the Miami media more positive, and ESPN give us a higher pre-season ranking, but thankfully that doesn't seem to be his primary motivation.

On the defensive side I also think Burke was experimenting and what you see in pre-season will look different than game day after extensive game planning on both sides of the ball.

Even if we don't see much in the 3rd preseason game it really isn't an indicator for the season. Agree with somebody else that these games are for looking at individual players and how they do on different types of plays. You really can't take too much away except that thankfully we haven't had any significant injuries.

also he mentioned in a recent press conference, might have been the one from yesterday, I just read some of the transcripts.; what pretty much comes to the point of....we know Mike G can catch, we want to see him run block, pass block, everything else we want him to work on in live game action. one of the biggest complaints a lot of people had here about drafting Mike G is that we tip our hat when he's in the game, "oh its just a passing down, the defense will know it" if we show, "f-- you he can block too, not what do yall think is coming" then that benefits the team. yes I'd love to see the 30 yard seem to him over the middle, or the endzone fade, but it was kind of nice seeing him sealing off some of his blocks the other night, getting his hands dirty as to say. we're going to run the bubble screen probably at least 10 times every game, we might as well get used to that being a core play. in wrestling terms it just needs to be one of those plays that's the super Wooooooooooooo chest slap that sets up the figure 4, not just the default corner chops. As long as that play can get 4 yards a reception (which like I've mentioned, the new guys catch it and go, not dance) then its going to be our version of a sweep play. we are just going to have to think of it as a run play so we can accept it more easily. but I figure by my 3rd or 4th beer AFTER kickoff (im sure ill already be 12 deep), I'll go ahead and make my decision for the season, that should be about 2 drives

Lol, holding back on what, running more screen plays. Maybe a TE bubble screen. Yes, these games don’t count so that gives you a perfect opportunity to try new things and get your players ready for live game play. This isn’t HS pr college where you have some secret game play that no one has already seen. Everyone in the NFL has already seen anything that you can throw at them. It’s all about preparation and execution. We prepare to execute bubble screens.

The Miami Dolphins have won SIXTEEN games in 2 years under Gase, and one of those was without the starting quarterback. I watched the preseason game yesterday expecting a bunch of dog**** and it was fine. Gase is fine, and the Dolphins are fine. They will not be rolled over in any way this season.

The Miami Dolphins have won SIXTEEN games in 2 years under Gase, and one of those was without the starting quarterback. I watched the preseason game yesterday expecting a bunch of dog**** and it was fine. Gase is fine, and the Dolphins are fine. They will not be rolled over in any way this season.
That's a 8-8 record average. I'm glad you're fine with that, but most of us older fans were spoiled and used to ALWAYS being way over that.

That's a 8-8 record average. I'm glad you're fine with that, but most of us older fans were spoiled and used to ALWAYS being way over that.

I've been a fan since 1984. Yeah 8-8 is average but one of those was with Cutler, let's not forget that. People predicting a disaster season are way over-reacting

I'm tired of the 3rd and 13 and we do a 3 yard play. Take chances out there.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. There's a difference between holding back some plays and not taking chances. Running routes 2 yards beyond the sticks should not be a secret play. I get the plain vanilla, but not trying for a first means not trying some standard plays.

Gase isn't showing his cards on offense, but neither is the opposing defense. It's basically a wash, and we lost. First team offense played good imo. I'm very worried about our interior DL and LB's though.
That pretty much sums it up. On to next week when it's the same story. I'll start to panic when it's week 4 or 5 and the same red zone questions are being posed to Gase.

I'm tired of the 3rd and 13 and we do a 3 yard play. Take chances out there.
I disagree. Taking a chance in that situation means taking a chance at your QB and/or receiver getting hurt. I don’t want to see that on a meaningless 3rd down in a meaningless pre-season game.

I'll see yall at the season opener. That's when the real bitching starts. ;)

I disagree. Taking a chance in that situation means taking a chance at your QB and/or receiver getting hurt. I don’t want to see that on a meaningless 3rd down in a meaningless pre-season game.

Maybe, but it depends on the definition of "taking a chance." I doubt anyone wants Gase to take a BIG chance. Just a little more than a run up the middle.

Back
Top Bottom