Gase 8/19 Presser | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase 8/19 Presser

Totally agree.

Gase had RT getting the ball out quickly. And the offense was still moving the chains easily. Opposing D highly valued the speed threat and comebacks and underneath open all night.

Tended to stall once penalties and long down and distance happened. Cause Gase didn't want RT holding the ball in the pocket and getting hit. Nor did he want to show other options on long down and distance.

Easy as pie to spot. You are right on.

The reason Gase is pleased is that he can see actual return on his personnel -- individual work and reponses within his expecations (on offense).

LD
While I can agree with this there are 3 questions that Gase is on the hot spot on.

1. Points. How are we going to score enough points this year? This offense needs to score 24 points plus a game this season in order to have a chance to win as we do not have a shutdown defense!
2. Defensive backfield. Why are we having issues with 2 former starters in Lippit and Tank? Should start call Casper the ghost the way they have disappeared on the field. Very very disappointed when NFL proven talent does a u turn.
3. Penalties. Plain and simple this reflects on coaching. What is Gase going to change going forward to correct this issue.

I don't like it. Like I've said before, what the Dolphins are doing is weird. I don't get the value of not showing what your TE is capable of in the red zone. The Eagles didn't have a problem with displaying Goedert's talents. Are they now fearful because he has been productive in the preseason that teams will be able to shut him down now? I doubt it.
Did you know that Sean McVay has allowed only one starter, an Olineman, to start in two games, everyone else sits.

I see that he is working on just tempo and short stuff, I like that balance because ryan is getting used to speed without showing his cards.

They are just working on those plays that are a core of a game. When you are in an opposing stadium, tired, hurt, banged up, pressure situation, 3rd down in the 4th qtr, these short plays are the plays you need to be able to run with your eyes closed to keep the drives going.

That combined with not wanting our QB to hold the ball (you know gase is still scarred from losing him last year)

I bet youll see a bit more in the next game. Then nothing in game 4.

lol @ everyone in their feelings bc a rookie TE didnt get a target in the endzone in preseason #2 on one specific snap. We all know the kid can catch we dont need to see it to declare if he will be useful this season or not. He will get plenty of opportunities.

You don’t show your hand in the preseason. I think miamis gonna play with an ever faster pace on o come the regular season.

I only saw gesicki run like one vertical stem. Everything else was staying in and working on blocking etc. of which he needs all the work he can get especially if he’s gonna be playing in line

While I can agree with this there are 3 questions that Gase is on the hot spot on.

1. Points. How are we going to score enough points this year? This offense needs to score 24 points plus a game this season in order to have a chance to win as we do not have a shutdown defense!
2. Defensive backfield. Why are we having issues with 2 former starters in Lippit and Tank? Should start call Casper the ghost the way they have disappeared on the field. Very very disappointed when NFL proven talent does a u turn.
3. Penalties. Plain and simple this reflects on coaching. What is Gase going to change going forward to correct this issue.

Two things:

1. It's early and PRE-SEASON. Anyone remember a couple years ago when Miami's DL looked so impressive in pre-season that Carolina politely requested Miami dial it back so they could run their stuff? I remember. And I also remember what happened in the REGULAR season that year. Carolina dominated, romping their way to a heavily favored Super Bowl appearance, while Miami's D gave up like 500 yards a game on the ground.

2. RT is still getting the rust knocked off. Almost two years of football inactivity and a surgically repaired leg. He's gonna need 4-5 games at least, imo, to function at 85-90 percent capability. Taken so far, it's easy to see how Gase is so happy, imho. The only real question on O is this: Will the OL hold up? If Miami's OL holds up, the O will score more points. Watching the first team OL agianst Carolina though... yikes. They ain't there yet.

LD

Two things:

1. It's early and PRE-SEASON. Anyone remember a couple years ago when Miami's DL looked so impressive in pre-season that Carolina politely requested Miami dial it back so they could run their stuff? I remember. And I also remember what happened in the REGULAR season that year. Carolina dominated, romping their way to a heavily favored Super Bowl appearance, while Miami's D gave up like 500 yards a game on the ground.

2. RT is still getting the rust knocked off. Almost two years of football inactivity and a surgically repaired leg. He's gonna need 4-5 games at least, imo, to function at 85-90 percent capability. Taken so far, it's easy to see how Gase is so happy, imho. The only real question on O is this: Will the OL hold up? If Miami's OL holds up, the O will score more points. Watching the first team OL agianst Carolina though... yikes. They ain't there yet.

LD
Agree and remember with all above.

The rust factor with RT and McMillian is something overlooked alot around here for 2 guys that the faithful are counting on. Not to mention Lippit. Usually takes midseason to a year for a player to bounce back and in some cases they are never the same player. That being said RT has looked fairly decent a couple of balls thrown behind some recievers but hey that may very well had nothing to do with the injury. McMillian looked pretty poor the first game and there appeared to be some improvement at least scheme wise being in position this last game but if hevhas lost his speed then here we go.

For the record, I'm not calling for Gase to be fired. I stated my opinion that he wasted a good opportunity inside the 10 to practice in a real game something they should be doing plenty of in the regular season and that is going to Gesicki in the Zone. But I'm a fan and I just hope for the best. Can't wait how we do on Saturday night and will try not to say much regardless of how we do but I'd like to see less penalties to start with and less mistakes.

Nor am I. But I'm gonna call it like I see it when I don't like something because the benefit of the doubt has been gone for a long time. I've been more right than the team has for enough years where deferring to their "expertise" literally doesn't hold water.

I predicted 7-9 so I'm not expecting a total train wreck. There's always hope that it all finally comes together ... and I'd LOVE to be wrong. In the immortal words of finheaven, we'll see how it goes.

All these defensive coordinators aren't going to know what hit them when the regular season starts. Look out NFL. You've been warned.

meh, i've seen preseason champions before, one's who have a winning record during the season. These games are about individual play, I'd like to see some improvement on some of our starters and less mistakes, we'll see if it pans out or not. Not blowing a gasket over the playcalling until we see some real scripted stuff in game 3.

Gase isn't showing his cards on offense, but neither is the opposing defense. It's basically a wash, and we lost. First team offense played good imo. I'm very worried about our interior DL and LB's though.

If not unleashing Gesicki in preseason gives us some advantage over Tennessee in our first game, then I'll buy it. I want that win in Miami.

where's the sense of urgency???

has to start at the top.

Gase is lookin' more and more fake...

Stop telling us the obvious crap.

Just get it done!

Back
Top Bottom