Gase 8/19 Presser | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase 8/19 Presser

Welp....Add this to the list of dumb coach tricks:
  • Kneeling before half-time.
  • Icing the kicker
  • Hiding plays in the pre-season.
Sigh...

Well Game three is against a team that normally controls both lines of scrimmage against us so should be interesting.

Hopefully they give the QB’s some time and Stills is back

I don't care how vanilla and conservative the play calling is. I don't care that they aren't scoring a lot in the preseason.

Two things I DO want to see in game 3:

- Less stupid penalties
- For Gase to get over his hard-on for screen passes

Most teams don’t score a ton in the preseason. Miami has 44 points which isn’t awful. It means nothing but it’s still not awful.

What's funny is if we had blown out both opponents in the 2 practice game people would be saying superbowl bound. These games mean very little except to decide who makes the bottom of the 53 . See Cleveland last preseason.

Same as if the offense was kicking ass in camp those people would say the defense is awful and vice versa.

No win win situation prior to the games counting.

And some people can’t wrap their heads around that. But hey it’s their blood pressure not mine

Just posted elsewhere, but penalties are not part of plain vanilla and a draw on 3rd and 9 isn't 'hiding' secret plays. There HAS to be a 10 yard pass play that isn't secret.

So we're going to run a play in our first regular season game but of course we won't ever run that play again because then it wouldn't be a surprise?
"you can fool some people all the time and you can fool all the people sometimes but you can't fool all the people all the time"

First team O needs to score touchdown.. certainly after the Howard interception.

Prove to yourselves that you can do it before you do whatever Gase thinks is 4-D chess and holding back parts of the offense.

Shula used to have the mentality that we’re going to line up and play hard nosed, disciplined football. Best of luck trying to stop us. I’d much rather do this than run nothing but vanilla plays that don’t allow you to practice your real offense in game situations.
Shula's teams usually looked mediocre in preseason before their best regular seasons.

They were 3-3 before 17-0.

That being said, TANNEHILL NEEDS MORE WORK!

As an offense you need to impose your will on who ever is across from you. With a 16 game season your not going to keep the playbook secret past the first week, so you need to practice what you are going to do during the preseason, especially if you are 6-10 the last year.

Shula's teams usually looked mediocre in preseason before their best regular seasons.

They were 3-3 before 17-0.

That being said, TANNEHILL NEEDS MORE WORK!
Shula got earned the benefit of the doubt. Yeah 3-3 in pre season but they had been to the super bowl the year before.
This team hasn't earned anything yet. Once they win then they can tell us that it's only pre season.

I'm accepting of plenty of that. Our red zone designs can look really good.

But there needs to be more urgency to score early, and more points period. In 2016 we had a negative point differential despite 10-6.

Plus we bailed out several games when our win expectancy at one point in the fourth quarter was less than 20%. You can't depend on that gong forward. It's like all the threads around here isolating all those glorious outlier examples. No matter the topic someone will think it is clever to mention the most unlikely result ever from that category, trying to deflect the argument. I'll never understand why that is popular. Obviously the 30% and 20% and 1% results have played out. Meanwhile if you rely on that time after time you never advance, because the majority reality in one area after another will swallow you up.

Sorry...the truth is the truth

Throwing to Gesicki when he's one on one should also be considered vanilla.

By comparison, Dallas Goedert has 123 yards and 2 scores in two preseason games. Using Gase’s, and some fan’s, reasoning, the Eagles are totally blowing their cover by throwing to a guy that they drafted to throw footballs to. And Gesicki is this secret weapon waiting to explode yet he’s produced a stat line of 0-0-0. Not that it’s totally his fault, but his draft contemporary Goedert is immediately doing what he was drafted to do, which is make plays down the field.

Back
Top Bottom