Gase 8/19 Presser | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase 8/19 Presser

Shula got earned the benefit of the doubt. Yeah 3-3 in pre season but they had been to the super bowl the year before.
This team hasn't earned anything yet. Once they win then they can tell us that it's only pre season.

Benefit of the doubt is very underrated. I even gave Wanny’s teams the benefit of the doubt in preseason. I started caring more about preseason performance over the last 15 years or so when the Dolphins became a revolving door of coaches and lost pretty much all their star players who could turn it on in the regular season.

As an offense you need to impose your will on who ever is across from you. With a 16 game season your not going to keep the playbook secret past the first week, so you need to practice what you are going to do during the preseason, especially if you are 6-10 the last year.

Not quite true. Teams often run plays i season games that were not run in prior games. Same with the D. Given that, I still say a 'standard' pass play past the sticks isn't a 'trick' play.

Using your biggest red zone target in the red zone is hardly showing your hand. It's giving someone reps that needs the reps. It's a rookie TE.

It's so funny how the same people will bend over backwards defending the team by saying Kwon has to get reps on specials during preseason (He doesn't. Don't be stupid.), but then act like the rookie doesn't need reps on end zone targets from his new QB (he does). Or that somehow other teams are going to assume we're not throwing to the 6'6" TE we drafted in the second round.

Critical thinking people. I know it's easier to just regurgitate what you hear in pressers from a team that's done exactly nothing in 2 decades ... but at least make an attempt.

Last edited:
By comparison, Dallas Goedert has 123 yards and 2 scores in two preseason games. Using Gase’s, and some fan’s, reasoning, the Eagles are totally blowing their cover by throwing to a guy that they drafted to throw footballs to. And Gesicki is this secret weapon waiting to explode yet he’s produced a stat line of 0-0-0. Not that it’s totally his fault, but his draft contemporary Goedert is immediately doing what he was drafted to do, which is make plays down the field.
According to some fans here if we throw a pass to Gesicki for a TD in the opener then we should never do it again cause it wouldn't be a surprise. You've got to be kidding me. I guess Marino never threw any passes to Clayton and Duper in the pre season because other team would know that we might do that in the regular season.

Using your biggest red zone target in the red zone is hardly showing your hand. It's giving someone reps that needs the reps. It's a rookie TE.

It's so funny how the same people will bend over backwards defending the team by saying Kwon has to get reps on specials during preseason (he doesn't. Don't be stupid.), but then act like the rookie doesn't need reps on end zone targets from his new QB (he does). Or that somehow other teams are going to assume we're not throwing to the 6'6" TE we drafted in the second round.

Critical thinking people. I know it's easier to just regurgitate what you hear in pressers from a team that's done exactly nothing in 2 decades ... but at least make an attempt.
Dude, stop typing so much sense. They'll think you're just being negative.

Oh no, it just hit me......why did Gase allowed Quinn to get two sacks in a pre season game? Now team will know that Quinn might sack their QB and will be looking for it.

Dude, stop typing so much sense. They'll think you're just being negative.

The problem is people think they're helping with the sunshine and lollipops routine. They aren't.

If the hardcore fans are still happy when the team is terrible, what is the incentive for Ross to make the team better? He's not a fins fan. His investment is increasing in value just fine. Why rock the boat if it doesn't matter?

I say bitch and complain and make enough noise that Ross has to figure out what the **** he's doing. He needs to know that life won't be awesome if his team continues to tread water.

I just can't understand how people can be so complacent with losing ... then insult the people who suggest being an afterthought isn't good enough.

The Dolphins have now wasted 20 years of my football watching life ... and the Gators 10. I'm pretty sure that's a long enough time to voice my disdain whenever I see fit ... in hopes it doesn't fall on deaf ears.

Everyone needs to get on board with demanding better.

Last edited:
You guys are pricks :) Yea I too would like to see some good things in the practice games and Bob made some good points but on the other end of the spectrum there is a thread asking if Gase will be replaced this season even before the first game is played.
Let's see what happens vs baltimore. I expect a better showing.

You guys are pricks :) Yea I too would like to see some good things in the practice games and Bob made some good points but on the other end of the spectrum there is a thread asking if Gase will be replaced this season even before the first game is played.
Let's see what happens vs baltimore. I expect a better showing.

I'm not trying to be a prick, though. I try to back up my crazy. Just how I see it, is all.

Just kidding brother. I'm as disappointed with the results as the next guy however we got what we got . Gase is gonna be the coach and Ryan if healthy will be our starting QB. Hopefully they can do something this year to make us all happy. Changing coaches every few years hasn't worked out so well in the past so I'm all in on this guy. That could change with another shitty season but for now I'm on board.

I thought it was interesting that we played our starters quite a lot (more than most teams) in the second game, but the play calls were indeed that vanilla. I think he just felt like the team needed some reps facing guys they don't see in practice every day. I think again to that sequence in which the team screwed up a screen pass and Gase just called the same play again on the next down. They got it better the second time.

With Tannehill I thought it was especially obvious that he just wanted him taking reps and not taking hits.

Totally agree.

Gase had RT getting the ball out quickly. And the offense was still moving the chains easily. Opposing D highly valued the speed threat and comebacks and underneath open all night.

Tended to stall once penalties and long down and distance happened. Cause Gase didn't want RT holding the ball in the pocket and getting hit. Nor did he want to show other options on long down and distance.

Easy as pie to spot. You are right on.

The reason Gase is pleased is that he can see actual return on his personnel -- individual work and reponses within his expecations (on offense).

LD

I’m going to wait until the regular season before I lose it. It’s not worth my health trying to figure this team out in the pre season. I’m sure Gase is holding back a little bit like everyone else. It’s the mental and physical issues that have me worried but I’m praying for a miracle that it all comes together September 9th. Please no injuries til then either

It's so funny how the same people will bend over backwards defending the team by saying Kwon has to get reps on specials during preseason (He doesn't. Don't be stupid.), but then act like the rookie doesn't need reps on end zone targets from his new QB (he does). Or that somehow other teams are going to assume we're not throwing to the 6'6" TE we drafted in the second round.

I definitely wanted to see Gesicki get a target in the red zone. I do think he was supposed to get one on that play where Tunsil got blown up on the 5 yard line.

For the record, I'm not calling for Gase to be fired. I stated my opinion that he wasted a good opportunity inside the 10 to practice in a real game something they should be doing plenty of in the regular season and that is going to Gesicki in the Zone. But I'm a fan and I just hope for the best. Can't wait how we do on Saturday night and will try not to say much regardless of how we do but I'd like to see less penalties to start with and less mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom