Gase/ Reporters Comments Etc - The Monday After | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase/ Reporters Comments Etc - The Monday After

In all honesty it is hard to evaluate Gase and even Tannehill because of the shear amount of injuries with Gase as the HC and the OL issues we have had since 2012, especially with injuries. Tannehill has a very good winning record when the OL is even playing average. The issue is the OL is ALWAYS hurt and it continues to happen again this year. This year has been even worse with injuries to the entire team. I honestly have no doubt we would have been a playoff team without all of these injuries. The DL was a huge strength in rotation and they started dropping like flies. The OL lost it's starting center, then guard, and the 2 tackles have been in and out all year. Our best weapon on O, Wilson was tearing it up and he goes down. Now Grant.....and that is just part of it. It is insane!

I think Gase is a good head coach and has at least made us competitive with all of this crap going on. I like Tannehill, he is not an all pro but we win games with him when the OL is not on IR. The thing is now, one of his big strengths is now becoming an issue. He was a ironman until the knee injury.......that injury seems to have opened up the flood gates. It will be interesting to see what happens. I hope he restructures his deal. It will cost over 13M in dead money to release him post June 1st and we already have over $13M in dead money next year by cutting Suh. That would be $26M in dead money!

Last edited:
I all honesty it is hard to evaluate Gase and even Tannehill because of the shear amount of injuries with Gase as the HC and the OL issues we have had since 2012, especially with injuries. Tannehill has a very good winning record when the OL is even playing average. The issue is the OL is ALWAYS hurt and it continues to happen again this year. This year has been even worse with injuries to the entire team. I honestly have no doubt we would have been a playoff team without all of these injuries. The DL was a huge strength in rotation and they started dropping like flies. The OL lost it's starting center, then guard, and the 2 tackles have been in and out all year. Our best weapon on O, Wilson was tearing it up and he goes down. Now Grant.....and that is just part of it. It is insane!

I think Gase is a good head coach and has at least made us competitive with all of this crap going on. I like Tannehill, he is not an all pro but we win games with him when the OL is not on IR. The thing is now, one of his big strengths is now becoming an issue. He was a ironman until the knee injury.......that injury seems to have opened up the flood gates. It will be interesting to see what happens. I hope he restructures his deal. It will cost over 13M in dead money to release him post June 1st and we already have over $13M in dead money next year by cutting Suh. That would be $26M in dead money!

If he doesn't restructure, I honestly think we will trade him for what we can get...they don't want the dead money hit but will not pay him the money he is due in 2019 and 2020...

I don’t think were going to see it, until maybe near the very end of the season.
Then let's pray Ryan can go from here on out.

I never want to see Brock Osweiler take another snap for this team.

If Ryan can't go for one more game, we've seen Brocktober and Brockvember, it's time for Davecember!

It was like 100% certain before the season started the EXCUSES would be flying high if the team underperformed yet again. Sure enough -- that's now the standard line -- even though EVERY TEAM in the NFL has players on IR (several significantly more than Miami)!

Yo. The offense sucked in preseason and started the year sucking -- inconsistent, incapable of scoring, incapable of executing blah blah!

Gase OWNS 100% of that! Along with his highly erratic play calling and --- ya know what they say -- the teams is a REFLECTION of the HC! Well, there ya go.

Bag the excuses.

Please.

BNF.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom