Gase/ Reporters Comments Etc - The Monday After | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase/ Reporters Comments Etc - The Monday After

If he doesn't restructure, I honestly think we will trade him for what we can get...they don't want the dead money hit but will not pay him the money he is due in 2019 and 2020...

No one is trading for that contract given his recent health issues.

It was like 100% certain before the season started the EXCUSES would be flying high if the team underperformed yet again. Sure enough -- that's now the standard line -- even though EVERY TEAM in the NFL has players on IR (several significantly more than Miami)!

Yo. The offense sucked in preseason and stated the year sucking -- inconsistent, incapable of scoring, incapable of executing blah blah!

Gase OWNS 100% of that! Along with his highly erratic play calling and --- ya know what they say -- the teams is a REFLECTION of the HC! Well, there ya go.

Bag the excuses.

Please.

BNF.
I definitely agree with the play calling. Even in games where we have been winning all game, instead of playing the clock a bit, enjoying the lead and going with the running game when it's working, Gase likes to throw in a highly predictable and ineffective screen or draw from the shotgun and we lose 7 yards, then he throws the next down and the clock stops again...then the game is way closer than it needs to be with way too much time left on the clock. It's mind-numbing because Gase is an offensive genius...just isn't proving to me to be head-coach worthy at this point in his career...just my opinion

No one is trading for that contract given his recent health issues.
valid point, but we could find someone in dire need of start-worthy talent and they may give up a 4th or 5th for him and then restructure...stranger things have happened...

It was like 100% certain before the season started the EXCUSES would be flying high if the team underperformed yet again. Sure enough -- that's now the standard line -- even though EVERY TEAM in the NFL has players on IR (several significantly more than Miami)!

Yo. The offense sucked in preseason and started the year sucking -- inconsistent, incapable of scoring, incapable of executing blah blah!

Gase OWNS 100% of that! Along with his highly erratic play calling and --- ya know what they say -- the teams is a REFLECTION of the HC! Well, there ya go.

Bag the excuses.

Please.

BNF.

I don't disagree with your points, but out of curiosity what other teams are worse on the injury front? (I'm not able to research this at this time). Outside of drafting a QB last year (perhaps losing out on Minkah) what other options were available? Gase probably hoped Fales would step up. That didn't happen and somehow Os out performed the competition.

Yo. The offense sucked in preseason and started the year sucking -- inconsistent, incapable of scoring, incapable of executing blah blah!

Bag the excuses. Please. BNF.

I'm not a Gase or Burke fan and some seem blinded to the failures of the staff/players. Given that, I'd like to know how you differentiate between "excuses" and 'reasons.' You do agree there can be reasons, right?

I all honesty it is hard to evaluate Gase and even Tannehill because of the shear amount of injuries with Gase as the HC and the OL issues we have had since 2012, especially with injuries. Tannehill has a very good winning record when the OL is even playing average. The issue is the OL is ALWAYS hurt and it continues to happen again this year. This year has been even worse with injuries to the entire team. I honestly have no doubt we would have been a playoff team without all of these injuries. The DL was a huge strength in rotation and they started dropping like flies. The OL lost it's starting center, then guard, and the 2 tackles have been in and out all year. Our best weapon on O, Wilson was tearing it up and he goes down. Now Grant.....and that is just part of it. It is insane!

I think Gase is a good head coach and has at least made us competitive with all of this crap going on. I like Tannehill, he is not an all pro but we win games with him when the OL is not on IR. The thing is now, one of his big strengths is now becoming an issue. He was a ironman until the knee injury.......that injury seems to have opened up the flood gates. It will be interesting to see what happens. I hope he restructures his deal. It will cost over 13M in dead money to release him post June 1st and we already have over $13M in dead money next year by cutting Suh. That would be $26M in dead money!

This team has zero depth led by older vets.

As for "dead money", I dont remember the whining about Suh collecting checks from Davie as he plays in LA.

As for "restructuring", he has already been restructured once pushing his guaranteed money into the out years. What more do you want? Bobby Bonilla type restructuring? Where Tannehill as a 35 yr old will still be getting Davie checks if he's retired or on another team?

Some of you people will excuse almost anything to preserve your favorite HC or QB. It's becoming sad at this point. But hey...I understand you guys still have 2 more years to make your case.

Looks like Washington is tops with 13 on IR
Pats with 11
Miami and Carolina tied with 8

Won't matter in Davie, you see the CS really playing it up in the media. And when the talking points invade FH, best believe all this was baked into the cake 2 years ago.

I don't disagree with your points, but out of curiosity what other teams are worse on the injury front? (I'm not able to research this at this time). Outside of drafting a QB last year (perhaps losing out on Minkah) what other options were available? Gase probably hoped Fales would step up. That didn't happen and somehow Os out performed the competition.
The best option to get a QB was 2017. We could have traded up for a lot less than KC to get Mahomes. I think even some people here mentioned Mahomes and that we should move up in the draft. It was the offseason right after Ryan got hurt. You get Mahomes and let him sit for a year behind Cutler. After Tannehill got hurt this year our QB would be Mahomes and not Osweiler.

Picking up Mahomes was a no-loss-and-only-win action. If Tannehill would have turned into a franchise QB (what most of us understand under franchise QB) you trade Mahomes. In a league with the need for great QBs we would have gotten back what we invested in the trade up and more. If Tannehill would have been Tannehill you make the switch after this season. Or in our case after Tannehill's injury you start Mahomes.

Bottomline is when you have a chance to get a guy like Mahomes you make the move.

Last year's draft was a mixed mess. Outside of Mayfield I did not see a QB worth trading up for and the #1 spot was never in the field of play. Browns would have never traded that spot away.
The Darnolds, Rosens and Allens will become average QBs, maybe slightly above average but no game changers or franchise changers. We already have that on our roster: the run of the mill QB.

Thank you. Looking at the list it appears these players are those on the IR list. Although we don't have the most "IR" injuries, I would be hard pressed to find other teams with as many injured up players in total. We are missing basically the entire offensive line. 3 of the top receivers (Parker, Wilson, Stills/Grant), TE's, Defensive line, etc. Not all injuries are of equal value. Losing a starting QB is not the same as losing a 3rd CB.

One thing for sure is that our "next man up" strategy doesn't compare favorably with other teams. Most of us recognized that many of our players had to step up this year and most did not. Fales, Tankersly, McMillan, Parker, Asiata, all the TE's, and so forth.

Our Coaching staff continues with poor starts and worse with 2nd half adjustments. Too many defensive break-downs. It's amazing we have won 5 games.

Back
Top Bottom