Gase/ Reporters Comments Etc - The Monday After | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase/ Reporters Comments Etc - The Monday After

In all honesty it is hard to evaluate Gase and even Tannehill because of the shear amount of injuries with Gase as the HC and the OL issues we have had since 2012, especially with injuries. Tannehill has a very good winning record when the OL is even playing average. The issue is the OL is ALWAYS hurt and it continues to happen again this year. This year has been even worse with injuries to the entire team. I honestly have no doubt we would have been a playoff team without all of these injuries. The DL was a huge strength in rotation and they started dropping like flies. The OL lost it's starting center, then guard, and the 2 tackles have been in and out all year. Our best weapon on O, Wilson was tearing it up and he goes down. Now Grant.....and that is just part of it. It is insane!

I think Gase is a good head coach and has at least made us competitive with all of this crap going on. I like Tannehill, he is not an all pro but we win games with him when the OL is not on IR. The thing is now, one of his big strengths is now becoming an issue. He was a ironman until the knee injury.......that injury seems to have opened up the flood gates. It will be interesting to see what happens. I hope he restructures his deal. It will cost over 13M in dead money to release him post June 1st and we already have over $13M in dead money next year by cutting Suh. That would be $26M in dead money!
You can sure as hell evaluate any player that can’t stay healthy and be counted on to be on the field. It’s harsh but it’s true. It’s true for Parker and it’s true for RT. You absolutely have to factor in the amount of injury time players have. Because they can either be counted on or they can’t. Period.

And yet do you honestly believe our record is any better had he not missed any time? The offense wouldn’t be as bad but the porous defense was still awful. Still think 5-5 is about accurate with Ryan healthy.

Tannehill had a good 6 quarters to start the year against a flukey delay filled game at home vs. the Titans, and a solid first half vs. the Jets. The next 4 quarters the offense was awful and Gase went into his bag of tricks with his speedy playmakers in the second half vs. Oakland.

The next two games @NE and @Cincy, he continued his brillance on the road with one offensive touchdown and even got pulled for Brock who got our only td @NE.

Brock then starts at home vs. Chicago and leads us to our biggest win of the season and most points.

Hey look, Brock is what he is and Tannehill is a better QB . . . But expectations on dude are too ridiculous. Anytime people wish for him they are wishing for the 2016 version and that guy is not in the building.

You really losing credibility, man. Seriously what are you doing? How can you use 1% of your energy to even say they are similar at all or give Brock credit for the bears game?

OK. I get your (IMO) optimistic "supportive" take -- and I give you that as a fan. However, what you've framed out (IMO) ignores a LOT of facts that tell me otherwise -- such as Gase's "proven record" as a supposed O guru producing an O product on the field that's, best case, erratic -- and worst case , inept (as reflected by the consistent BOTTOM tier ranking in O production categories).

Beyond that -- I distinctly remember the "rust" excuses for Thill when (let's be truthful) he was SUCKING in terms of production as our supposed starting "franchise" QB. I mean he was pretty freakin' awful against the Pats and Bengals -- and all in all certainly NOT showing signs of being a difference maker @QB (which is pretty much his history in the NFL).

I just wanna say -- STOP THE NONSENSE!

This franchise is certifiably sub 500 with Ross -- and there are a number of basic reasons for that FACT! So let's stop making unending excuses for being a suck team and just come to the basic reality that we have "systemic problems" that transcend one player or one silly draft!

Ya know, after a while a pig is just a pig. So take a cold shower and consider the core fact this franchise is a bonafide LOSER under Ross (2009 - 2018 - 70 wins 84 losses)! And I don't see (in my realistic mind) that fact changing as long as the Clown owns the franchise.

I might be a fan but imo more than that I consider myself a realist.

Still not sure how we have won the games we have with the sorry roster we have had the past 3 years. Do I blame Gase for that roster sure I do.

Gases first year here though we went 10 6 with a ugly roster. Figured then we either got lucky with a bounce or two and a lucky Jay Ajayi find or maybe Gase just might be a good coach too.

Last year I thought the roster was a bit improved but still in the rebuild mode. Still with RT back at the helm we would see which end either we had a good coach or we just got lucky the prior year. Figured it would be a wash after RT went down and I was correct.

So here we are in year 3 the important year. The roster has been rebuilt in Gases image which takes 3 years so mark that as no longer a excuse to not win. Ryan T is back mark that excuse off too. Biggest concerns was loosing Suh and weak linebacking play. Yes we started 3 0 and Ryans QB rating was pretty good also. Then the bottom fell out in that Bengals game. Looking at our defensive and offensive rankings there should be no way we are a 50 50 team currently imo. We should have a worse record. Dont believe me ask the Vegas guys that marked us off as the worst team in the NFL before the season with a healthy RT.

So here we are playing for next year again. Thats the reality what can we do now to make next year better. Ditch Gase start over with a very high round draft pick on a QB to play behind this current oline that played yesterday that consisted of just one starter? A bevy of recievers that are all on some sort of IR except one. Hum realistically you fix the line at all costs next year then the following draft that rookie QB. Gase your kinda stuck with at least for now and maybe next year it happens.

You really losing credibility, man. Seriously what are you doing? How can you use 1% of your energy to even say they are similar at all or give Brock credit for the bears game?

What is your obsession with a QB that will likely finish his third year in a row on IR?

The double standards on here are remarkable. No credit for Brock in the Bears game . . . Please. Pretty sure u gave credit to Ryan for the Raiders game.

Face it Ryan is a terrible QB on the road and he feasts on lesser opponents at home. I have already broken this down.

Im glad you are so distraught with Osweiller that Ryan being above his benchmark makes you feel good. Either way we need new blood at the position.

And please show me what game Ryan wins that Brock lost . . . .because just like @Buffalo in 2016 I have my doubts Ryan holds up against that Bears pressure and drops 31.

Guess we'll never know because he can't stay on the damn field.

Keep living in 2016 and thinking that QB is gonna show up.

I'll say this -- I thought during preseason (and I'm sure I voiced it here) Osweiller was a crap QB and had no right being on the roster. But... then he makes it (along with like 10 other QBs LOL) and when Thill goes down I'm like "OK, it's Brocktober so let's roll!" One game in and he's pretty good! After that... I can't even watch the POS product Gase puts on the field! And I wanna watch the team! But I'm not gonna watch garbage and pretend (via 10zillion excuses etc.) that' it's "good entertainment!" Let alone good football.

Sorry. Watching a LOSER gets depressing at my age because I don't think I have "decades" to wait around for this sorry crap franchise to get its proverbial crap together!

Blow it UP and at least give us the possibility of imagining a better tomorrow!

Just do it!

And shut UP!

BNF.

And I spent plenty of time in 2016 making threads praising Ryan for his hard work and improvement.

It sucks what he has gone thru injury wise after reaching the highest notes of his career but this Ryan Tannehill everybody speaks of who would be carrying this team in 2018 just ain't here and this organization can no longer depend on him at that salary. This was the case this past off-season as well.

Brock is doing what he can but we all know he isn't very good and now he has both jakeem and aw limited/out and 4 backup OL . . . It's an impossible ask. 2-3 is respectable even if it has been ugly the last two games.

Again...show Tannehill vs the Pats, where he stunk so bad that Ostweiler replaced him.

Show the Cincy game as well, when he "threw it away" for a TD...TO THE BENGALS DE.

There's your proof. "Show me these 2 times that prove my point"

Why not ask to see all the osweiler screw ups? 5 games worth will equal a season for tannehill. You can't be this ridiculous.

Well, for one, the Eagles won the super bowl with their backup.

Tannehill is an average at best QB. So is Osweiler. There really isn't that big of a difference.

You're comparing apples to oranges with that list. You're implying Tannehill is as good as those QBs which is laughable.

And Tannehill has never had anything close to their OL.

There's your proof. "Show me these 2 times that prove my point"

Why not ask to see all the osweiler screw ups? 5 games worth will equal a season for tannehill. You can't be this ridiculous.
I'll say again...Tannehill should be ashamed of himself for it to even be a legit ddiscussion

And Tannehill has never had anything close to their OL.
Hopefully he never will get the chance to see, while playing for the Dolphins.

Time to let him go elsewwhere and become something.

What is your obsession with a QB that will likely finish his third year in a row on IR?

The double standards on here are remarkable. No credit for Brock in the Bears game . . . Please. Pretty sure u gave credit to Ryan for the Raiders game.

Face it Ryan is a terrible QB on the road and he feasts on lesser opponents at home. I have already broken this down.

Im glad you are so distraught with Osweiller that Ryan being above his benchmark makes you feel good. Either way we need new blood at the position.

And please show me what game Ryan wins that Brock lost . . . .because just like @Buffalo in 2016 I have my doubts Ryan holds up against that Bears pressure and drops 31.

Neither one is perfectly accurate but there is far more upside and shrewd to claiming Brock Osweiler is exactly the same as Ryan Tannehill, than to claim Ryan Tannehill is markedly superior to Brock Osweiler.

If you embrace the first version then you realize you need a significant upgrade over both of them, even if it requires multiple swings.

If you embrace the second version then you are begging for ongoing Crowd mediocrity where each and every season is another example of Tannehill and the team not fully delivering but it's never related to him

I'm not even a diehard Tannehill fan. If we can get Bridgewater this offseason I rather have him than Tannehill.

You have been a Tannehill critic for as long as I can remember and you flip flop consistently based on the outcome of the most recent game of how Tannehill plays. Plays terrible = Brock is a better option. Brock plays terrible = You try to say how you have been saying how Tannehill is a better option or good QB.

My infatuation is how you can give Brock credit for anything this season.

And I spent plenty of time in 2016 making threads praising Ryan for his hard work and improvement.

It sucks what he has gone thru injury wise after reaching the highest notes of his career but this Ryan Tannehill everybody speaks of who would be carrying this team in 2018 just ain't here and this organization can no longer depend on him at that salary. This was the case this past off-season as well.

Brock is doing what he can but we all know he isn't very good and now he has both jakeem and aw limited/out and 4 backup OL . . . It's an impossible ask. 2-3 is respectable even if it has been ugly the last two games.

I've not given up on the season. IF, and it may be a big if, Tannehill returns and plays close to 2016 form and the D gets some decent consistency, we can still get 9-10 wins.

Brock is bad. He is bad in Miami. He was bad in Cleveland. Bad in Houston and not good in Denver. In Denver, he had some moments, but he was carried by a tremendous D and strong running game. We have neither.

Back
Top Bottom