Gase/ Reporters Comments Etc - The Monday After | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase/ Reporters Comments Etc - The Monday After

Brock Osweiler is what he is. He has the skill set of a backup QB. He is never going to lead us to a Super Bowl. We will never have an entertaining offense with him running the show.

Ryan Tannehill is what he is. He has the skill set of an average to less than average starting QB. He is never going to lead us to a Super Bowl. We will never have an entertaining offense with him running the show.

Until the front office understands both of these facts nothing will be fixed. This front office will never understand these facts.

We will never have a competent front office until we have an owner who cares and has a clue.

We need a new owner.
We need a new front office.
We need a new scouting department.
We need a new head coach.
We need upgrades at the starting and backup QB positions.
We need upgrades at many other positions as well.

If you are a long term fan (been following since 1970), the state of this franchise is pure misery. And it is not going to change any time soon.

This post really should be copied, saved and stickied on the front of FH.

How come every thread we have always goes down the path of Tannehill, the superstar of the future or not. The fact that so many do, after 7 damn years is a sad indictment of the situation. This "experiment" should have ended a long time ago and this debate should be over one way or another.

I couldn't believe all the softball questions they were asking this guy on Monday. It's almost as though they are afraid of him. I had to turn off the radio.

Brock Osweiler is what he is. He has the skill set of a backup QB. He is never going to lead us to a Super Bowl. We will never have an entertaining offense with him running the show.

Ryan Tannehill is what he is. He has the skill set of an average to less than average starting QB. He is never going to lead us to a Super Bowl. We will never have an entertaining offense with him running the show.

Until the front office understands both of these facts nothing will be fixed. This front office will never understand these facts.

We will never have a competent front office until we have an owner who cares and has a clue.

We need a new owner.
We need a new front office.
We need a new scouting department.
We need a new head coach.
We need upgrades at the starting and backup QB positions.
We need upgrades at many other positions as well.

If you are a long term fan (been following since 1970), the state of this franchise is pure misery. And it is not going to change any time soon.

With all those on your wish list for Santa Claus, you just asked to start winning in 2023

You should of started by saying I need a new magic wand.

You do know Mahomes was ranked from 2nd best to 5th? best prospect QB, so a LOT of teams/experts had him rated lower than #10. And KC admitted they 'gambled' on his potential. KC had fewer 'big holes' and could afford to give up multiple picks. Even then, Miami would have been in a bidding war with no guarantee they would have won, and the trade would have been with BUFF, a division rival. Yes, they could have tried to trade before BUFF, but no guarantees there either. NOTE: I'll remind everyone of my prejudice - I HATE trading up.
If you have an FO who does not want to gamble then why have an FO. Just pick the best player available based on the consensus of internet mock drafts and fire your entire scouting staff.
Picking a QB high up is always a gamble on his potential and trading up increases the odds against us but at one point or another your scouting staff has to come through and say "this player is worth it." Yes, a trade war might have ensued if we would have tried to jump ahead of the #10 spot. Then again maybe not. If we jump first at #9 (Buffalo would not have traded with us) maybe KC would not have tried to jump to #8. Trading draft spots in the NFL is not just magic. It is calculated and tabulated with every draft spot having a certain value.
In 2017 our #22 pick was 100 points higher in value than KC's #27 spot. The #9 spot was valued 50 points higher then the #10 spot. That gave us a leg up on KC. For them to jump ahead of us would have cost them at least an additional 3rd rounder if not more. They may not even have tried.
But unfortunately we didn't even invite Mahomes for try outs.

What hurt us more than anything in the past years is that shortsightness FO and coaches have displayed. You have a QB who in 5 years has not excelled to the franchise status he should have been based on his "limitless ceiling" and that QB just tore his ACL. I am not saying we should have replaced him after 2016 but planning for an alternative is a good thing. If Ryan turns out the be the "God of QBs" then trade Mahomes to a QB needy team. That's what NE does. So it would have been a win-win.
We have no future vision. We handle the cap on a year-by-year solution and we do the same with the draft.

Who are the fools who critisize gase? Where are they?

The entire team is injured and we still 5-5.

Gase deserves praise for keeping this team still in the playoff hunt.

Where are the fools who critisize gase?

Yo.

Some of us halfwits think he made his own bed regarding personnel. The 'what was he supposed to do with this bunch?' excuse is total nonsense.

How come every thread we have always goes down the path of Tannehill, the superstar of the future or not. The fact that so many do, after 7 damn years is a sad indictment of the situation. This "experiment" should have ended a long time ago and this debate should be over one way or another.

You are an absolute slayer of strawmen. Stand them up and knock 'em down!

what's amazing is the simple premise Don Shula ALWAYS put forth -- the HC is 100% responsible for the product on the field!

Not 98%. Not 99%. But 100%!

Yo -- if the players you got ain't gettin' the job done -- you replace them -- one way or another.

The really good HCs find a way to make solutions and don't rely on excuses and/or place blame outside their 100% responsibility.

This is Gase's 3rd season -- it's time to put up or shut UP!

And his record as an offensive maven is really a JOKE at this point.

Near bottom of the leage D and an O that ain't far behind!

Yea. He's great!

People Rejoice a MIRACLE: Tanny is throwing without pain!!!!!!!!!! the Lord works in mysterious ways, taking away the pain just around the time bye week came around!!! Like so many of the lowly predicted!:hclap:

Good information! I saw a range of players on IR from 5 to 12. The Dolphins are in the middle with 9 on IR. The team needs more depth to compete. This is not a new problem.

That can be a deceptive way to portray it. The Packers have 7 on IR, but when you combine all those guys together they have exactly 1 game of NFL experience. New England has 11 on IR, but almost all of those players are rookies and or non-contributors. Meanwhile we have 7 guys on IR who were supposed to be meaningful contributors, and our starting QB hasn't played the last 5 games. We are beat up compared to the rest of the league.

I'll criticize if I feel he deserves it. He was in charge of building this roster, yeah he's lost a handful of starters but it's not like we lost all pros or pro bowlers. Sitton, Hayes and Wilson stung but these are positions that a lot teams lose to IR, next man up. Parker was a wuss going into the season Gase knew this. As to Tannehill, again that's on Gase for dragging in his former corpses to be the #2 again.

This schedule is a lot easier than anticipated, sure we got 5 wins but with better coaching and play calling we may have a couple more. I'll give Gase a C so far, seems fair. There's plenty of winnable games so he has a chance to bring that grade up but he hasn't fooled me so far.

Back
Top Bottom