Gase/ Reporters Comments Etc - The Monday After | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase/ Reporters Comments Etc - The Monday After

I did and I fully addressed it when I replied...you feel that the fact that there is discussion that Tannehill is X (superstar, good whatever term applies but you used superstar) at this point in his career, and throughout his career, means he's not good enough to continue to try to get more out of him. We should move on. In my response, I noted that his supporters feel that, when healthy, he's shown he can do well enough to help us win. I expanded on it some more.

Thanks for the discussion. Have a good day

I will re-iterate, I give up with you man.

You can't even attempt to be cordial. Seems he understands you perfectly. You just have no valid response.

You mean pointing out that the guy has been fixated on a word that's not even remotely important in the post I made, yet he can't be arsed to go back and re-read the thing and have a proper debate on it, he just wants to act like a hard man (being far from cordial as you put it to begin with), that's really not my concern. I had posted one thing in this entire thread and it was far from the most Tannehill hating stuff in here, yet another of the Tannehill for president brigade feels the need to jump on it. Like I said I don't have any time I want to spend on that kind of response.

But whatever keep high fiving yourselves.

Definition of straw man
1: a weak or imaginary opposition (such as an argument or adversary) set up only to be easily confuted

You set up a strawmen argument that Tannehill supporters expect/expected him to become a superstar in the future and then dismiss it. I've been on the forum since Tannehill was drafted and practically no supporter claims that he is a superstar in the making. In general, I would argue that his supporters assert that he is a good NFL QB, with some exceptional skills, who has already demonstrated that he can do his job well enough, when healthy, for the Dolphins to be playoff contenders. He has the work ethic and attitude to improve his weaker spots (and I'd argue track record of improvement for those weaker areas). As with practically all QBs, he can't carry a sub par team over the long haul.

I can believe that getting Tannehill back healthy this year gives us a shot at the playoffs without thinking he is a future superstar. I can even think that if he is healthy, that he should be our QB next year without thinking he is a future superstar. I can understand and discuss disagreements with either of those statements. When you say that the disagreement is, and has been, his future superstar potential...not playing that game. And, in case you're wondering, I can even believe the first two statements here and think that we need to be exploring other options (better than Osweiler) next year for competition or to fill in if he goes down again.

Dude, this is another big fat strawman:
(in his dreams hes made the playoffs LOL)

he is a good NFL QB, with some exceptional skills, who has already demonstrated that he can do his job well enough, when healthy, for the Dolphins to be playoff contenders.

Suh isn’t collecting checks from Davie. He counts against our cap but earnings and cap numbers are two different things.

Your playing word games. Suh will be receiving a check from Davie for 2 years, despite currently playing on a new team and a new contract. That money from Davie hits the franchise cap.

I think you are confusing excuses with facts.....and the FACT is that everything I said in my original post is true. Whether or not you want to accept facts is completely up to you.

Your Facts are excuses with numbers.

Your playing word games. Suh will be receiving a check from Davie for 2 years, despite currently playing on a new team and a new contract. That money from Davie hits the franchise cap.
It's not word games. You said Suh is still getting money from Miami and that's not true. He's counting against the cap but he's gotten all this money already. That's why it counts against our cap.

Which will be one of the excuses, along with the 589 injuries, Ross uses to not fire anyone.
Can you tell meany draft we have ever had that was as good as this last one? heck can you tell me a draft that had good 1st -3rd rounders as last year?

Ive been watching since 92 and I cant.

gase needs to focus on being a head coach, its time for an OC to call the plays. its time for a new DC. Its time for a new QB but Id rather tank for Tua. This up coming draft, Fix the OLine once and for all. Picks 2-4 at least. Whoever was responsible for the last 2 drafts, let them do it again. 1st rounder take the best or most impactful player again as long as hes not a safety

lets see 2 starting guards and a center out for year...Drake was hurt grant is hurt rashad jones was hurt our starting qb is hurt........our best DT hurt...Show me a coach who will be able to succeed with this many injuries?....There is none .If you asked me gase is doing a fenomenal job........all you have todo it scratch off the starting qb of any team and they will lose many many games......Imagine scratching tannehill and like 8 other other starters off. Both on offense and defense...

Thats crazy.

In 10 games this year we have had 80 roster spots unavailable due to injury (63 IR and 17 out)

The 2010 Packers had 236 roster spots unavailable in 20 games. (174 IR, 35 out, 27 PUP)
The won the Super Bowl that year. Lost key starters across the board. Running back, TE, LB, etc.
There were no excuses. Just next man up.

In 10 games this year we have had 80 roster spots unavailable due to injury (63 IR and 17 out)

The 2010 Packers had 236 roster spots unavailable in 20 games. (174 IR, 35 out, 27 PUP)
The won the Super Bowl that year. Lost key starters across the board. Running back, TE, LB, etc.
There were no excuses. Just next man up.

Probably has something to do with the consistency and greatness of the QB position- like NE. These 2 are always the ‘default’ they can do it teams.

Also the lack of depth on this roster, which is painfully obvious to just about everyone.

Last time brady was out with injury the pats didnt win the afc east......And it was only brady.

So much for belicheat.

So.....this a great season we’re having huh?
Sadly, there are some on here that LOVE seasons like this (not you). Gives some a reason to wake up and troll. Only thing that would ruin it would be to win more games.

Sadly, there are some on here that LOVE seasons like this (not you). Gives some a reason to wake up and troll. Only thing that would ruin it would be to win more games.
I just look at the comments on this thread and I’m like wow we’re all at each other’s throats On whose fault it is for another lost season lol

Back
Top Bottom